Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

The team disappointed themselves. They played with no energy the first half, you could see they would rather have been anywhere but at that game. What woke them up for the second half? Who the **** knows. Maybe they figured out, holy **** this it! Why it took them that long who knows. All I know is you can send in plays all say long, if you play them half ass, nothing good can come from them. If the whole team doesn't want to play, what do you do as a coach? Put in the second stringers?
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
      Who do we have coming back on the online next year? When we played a decent defense the QBs were running for their lives.
      Ohnesorge at Center, Clark at RG, Harmon at LT. Who knows if Shoff and Carr will be fully healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I think it's pretty clear that Stig thinks very highly of Lally and many of the other seniors. It's a classy bunch of young men.
        One thing is for sure the players we have are great representatives of SDSU on and off the field.

Comment

You know how you don't lose a bid to host a playoff game?

GET a top 8 seed. That needs to happen, too much talent coming up and in for that not to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Ohnesorge at Center, Clark at RG, Harmon at LT. Who knows if Shoff and Carr will be fully healthy.
            Stig said Shoff won't play football again. Clark kid true freshman this year played quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
              Stig said Shoff won't play football again. Clark kid true freshman this year played quite a bit.
              I have a feeling the O-line is going to be pretty young next year. Clark and DeVoe should contribute greatly and I think the Domandle kid may play as a true FR. Certainly has the tools to.
              Last edited by Jackedforlife; 11-28-2015, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Nick Carr, who's listed at 6-8 315, should be back next year. I've also heard Stig say that it's unlikely that Mike Shoff, 6-6 340, will be able to play again. He must have torn up his knee really bad a year or two ago. That's unfortunate. This year's o-line would have been very good and much deeper if those two guys had been available.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I heard Stig say on his radio show that Carr and Thene would likely be starting if not for injuries.

Comment

Did well anyway. Guess the rebuilding process continues next year. Have to get over that injury bug. Really need to bring in OL if they keep dropping like flies and a QB to push TC. Easy for me to say.

Comment

WRs need to get open, get separation. No one gets open thus panic by TC and he pulls out of the pocket to run. Someone needs to remind TC this isn't hs ball. The defensive ends and LBs can catch him on most opposing teams. TC needs to work hard and learn from this year to develop some pocket presences, don't panic and find his options. He probably did none of that in hs and just ran. Pass plays need some tweaking as well for him. TC is in shotgun (4-5 yards) off LOS then takes three or four step drop to pass. Why? A good under the center QB only takes a five step drop. I sure hope the upcoming WRs have a couple of quick/fast players. the Jacks lack speed players big time. Why did they pull Alex Wilde's redshirt? He barely played at all and see that as a big mistake by someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                        WRs need to get open, get separation. No one gets open thus panic by TC and he pulls out of the pocket to run. Someone needs to remind TC this isn't hs ball. The defensive ends and LBs can catch him on most opposing teams. TC needs to work hard and learn from this year to develop some pocket presences, don't panic and find his options. He probably did none of that in hs and just ran. Pass plays need some tweaking as well for him. TC is in shotgun (4-5 yards) off LOS then takes three or four step drop to pass. Why? A good under the center QB only takes a five step drop. I sure hope the upcoming WRs have a couple of quick/fast players. the Jacks lack speed players big time. Why did they pull Alex Wilde's redshirt? He barely played at all and see that as a big mistake by someone.
                        I second your final statement! If you figure you can get 3 productive yrs then I guess big things are in store for Wilde. Should see some help from Lewis and Anderson I'd think. The younger Brown brother could contribute immediately. Goedert is a stud and will create the mismatches.

Im not as concerned about TC, I think some of what we saw was him running for his life. Other times it may have been a great defensive play or a poor playcall to begin with. He made some mistakes and missed on a few throws. We also saw more dropsies the last 3 weeks than the rest of the year.

What happened with Mengarelli today after the first qtr? Hurt? Poor play? What? This RB battle is what we need to keep our eyes on. Mengarelli started out great, Wallace also showed flashes. Paris steps up and really outplayed his ability with grit and heart. I remember hearing Wallace has a skillset like no other at the start then RB by committee. It basically was but no consistency. I believe that position is up for grabs. My bet is on Zenner 2.0 to literally run away with it.

Comment

I expect Sam Zenner to be in the thick of next year's battle for running back, too. Unfortunately, he was injured most of this season and didn't practice much. Hurt his leg early on.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                            I expect Sam Zenner to be in the thick of next year's battle for running back, too. Unfortunately, he was injured most of this season and didn't practice much. Hurt his leg early on.
                            Sounds like it wasn't a bad injury, just kept him off the practice field. However he soaked up mental reps and I think he won't miss a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              I second your final statement! If you figure you can get 3 productive yrs then I guess big things are in store for Wilde. Should see some help from Lewis and Anderson I'd think. The younger Brown brother could contribute immediately. Goedert is a stud and will create the mismatches.

Im not as concerned about TC, I think some of what we saw was him running for his life. Other times it may have been a great defensive play or a poor playcall to begin with. He made some mistakes and missed on a few throws. We also saw more dropsies the last 3 weeks than the rest of the year.

What happened with Mengarelli today after the first qtr? Hurt? Poor play? What? This RB battle is what we need to keep our eyes on. Mengarelli started out great, Wallace also showed flashes. Paris steps up and really outplayed his ability with grit and heart. I remember hearing Wallace has a skillset like no other at the start then RB by committee. It basically was but no consistency. I believe that position is up for grabs. My bet is on Zenner 2.0 to literally run away with it.
                              I kinda think our running backs are one of the weaker positions. We didnt get any consistency out of any of them. O-line took a lot of the blame but I'm not sure that they were the real reason for our struggles running the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                I kinda think our running backs are one of the weaker positions. We didnt get any consistency out of any of them. O-line took a lot of the blame but I'm not sure that they were the real reason for our struggles running the ball.
                                I think inconsistencies are to blame in both the RB position and O-line. Better hope the O-line meshes in the off season and gets some flow. That happens and RB will shake itself out.

Comment

Working...
                                X