Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jackrabbit vs Montana FCS 1st round

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I echo this statement. Just so frustrating.

Two things for next season:

1. Give TC the keys, he developed this year and will be better next year.
    2. Spread out the offense. With a full offseason to implement a spread system, it should be attainable. I will be incredibly disappointed if we come out with the same predictable offense next year.

Fun season, disappointing end. Here's to getting better next year. Can't wait for the new stadium.
    I agree with everything in this post.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

2. Spread out the offense. With a full offseason to implement a spread system, it should be attainable. I will be incredibly disappointed if we come out with the same predictable offense next year.

Fun season, disappointing end. Here's to getting better next year. Can't wait for the new stadium.
      Wondering what people think of this: home playoff game > than next year's season opener. Not sure when the decision was made, but did administration think we wouldn't be in position to host a playoff game, or didn't they care? Any doubts we win this game if at CAS? Would we have been able to bid more if we were bidding for game at CAS rather than Howard Wood? Interested in others thoughts. Definitely a disappointing end- especially to a BSC team.

Comment

1. He should have to earn it, but he will. Needs a good offseason to work on the deep balls. He also trusts his legs too much and tends to pull it down and escape outside rather than keeping his eyes up field and stepping up in the pocket. That should come with experience though.

2. I'm hoping for a full read option offense. Have little faith we will see it.

2A. Need a capable dual threat backup so offense does not have to change when TC gets hurt. It will happen, and we need to be prepared for it. We've seen this year the difference 1 loss makes.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
          Wondering what people think of this: home playoff game > than next year's season opener. Not sure when the decision was made, but did administration think we wouldn't be in position to host a playoff game, or didn't they care? Any doubts we win this game if at CAS? Would we have been able to bid more if we were bidding for game at CAS rather than Howard Wood? Interested in others thoughts. Definitely a disappointing end- especially to a BSC team.
          Even with CAS fully functional, I doubt we outbid Montana.

Even at the new stadium, I doubt we outbid Montana especially early on.

Comment

No way we outbid the grizz. No way.

Comment

Come out and beat WIU and we have a home game in Sioux Falls. Leave it up to the bidding process and we lose out to Montana every time. This team is to blame, not the administration
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Our bid for hosting at Howard Wood might have been bigger than if we were to host at CAS (due to Sioux Falls wanting the attention and revenue). Regardless, we weren't going to outbid Montana, so it doesn't matter.

Comment

I don't know how we outbid anyone in our region, unless we are playing Drake.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    At least we competed for a National Championship.
                    That's not good enough for me anymore. I hope I echo the sentiments of many die hard Jacks football fans by saying that. We are expected to be in the playoffs every year. We need to step it up. That is how you become elite. There is no reason why we shouldn't be playing in December almost every year, now. As much as I HATE both Montana and NDSU, those programs know that it takes a certain level of ruthless aggression and swagger to win championships.
                    "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post
                      That's not good enough for me anymore. I hope I echo the sentiments of many die hard Jacks football fans by saying that. We are expected to be in the playoffs every year. We need to step it up. That is how you become elite. There is no reason why we shouldn't be playing in December almost every year, now. As much as I HATE both Montana and NDSU, those programs know that it takes a certain level of ruthless aggression and swagger to win championships.
                      RO was being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Dying to hear what Stig has to say about this.....
                        In Stig's voice "ughgh we played a good football team, uhhhh I didn't have them ready to play the first half, uuhhhh played better in second but couldn't get enough points and ran out of time, uhhhhh I feel bad for these seniors, uhhhhh this one is on me". I think that will sum it up.

Comment

Originally posted by wr54 View Post

The post you quoted MIGHT have been sarcasm. It's hard to tell with words that are typed. But your point is valid. You can't "Holy nutmeg" your way to the top of the heap.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Stig wouldnt comment when Tyler talked about Lally having 14 tackles and how it will be odd not seeing #33 out in the middle of the defense next year. Odd.

Comment

I think it's pretty clear that Stig thinks very highly of Lally and many of the other seniors. It's a classy bunch of young men.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Who do we have coming back on the online next year? When we played a decent defense the QBs were running for their lives.
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X