Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
    Why would you use the guy who averaged over nine yards a carry for the game in OT, that seems silly. Right??? Lets be honest, if there is a way to lose the big game, these coaches will find it.
    Menagarelli limped off the field a coule of times during the game.

Comment

I vote to kill this thread. This wasn't a trap game and the players won't try to give excuses. We can all 2nd guess and be pissed we lost this game. It just doesn't matter, second season now.

Comment

Thought I was on Bisonville after the USD loss with all of the stuff I'm reading. Turns out I'm on the right board. Love how people jump ship with a loss like this. That's the difference between Jacks fans and Bison fans. Guessing no one up north is turning their full attention to basketball quite yet like our fair weather fans. Part of the difference between a successful program and one that's not there yet.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
          Thought I was on Bisonville after the USD loss with all of the stuff I'm reading. Turns out I'm on the right board. Love how people jump ship with a loss like this. That's the difference between Jacks fans and Bison fans. Guessing no one up north is turning their full attention to basketball quite yet like our fair weather fans. Part of the difference between a successful program and one that's not there yet.
          Amen brother.

Comment

I thought the difference was the results produced by the players and coaches. Our fans need to just try harder?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

This team is two plays from being 10-1. Raise your expectations. Mine are that high. If yours aren't, you aren't aiming high enough. I've screamed to high heaven how good this team is since the SUU win and they continue to underachieve since. Maybe they can prove me wrong. Not holding my breath.

Comment

Tough loss. Tough crowd (on the board). The Jacks had an extremely tough time just getting to the game. They deserve our support going forward, whatever the playoffs bring. Overall, it's been a good season.
                This space for lease.

Comment

I'm.upset because this team had a chance to do something great this season. The no show against NDSU and UNI games tainted that a bit. But they had the opportunity to make us all forget that today. They got best by an inferior team.

The frustration from many in here is because we know what could have been...

High expectations bring about hard falls.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Top-level teams win this game. Period.

We are the Georgia of FCS. That's where we stand. And Stig is Mark Richt. That's where he stands. Always pretty tough, but never elite. A game every season that's a big letdown. Some people will think that's pretty good. Some won't. But that's an apt comparison. So let it sink in and deal with it however you wish.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Turns out I'm on the right board. Love how people jump ship with a loss like this.
                      I don't see anyone on this board jumping ship. Not sure why you think that.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                        Ohio St fans are probably jumping on the excuse train. The plain fact is the Jacks need to upgrade at pretty much all positions. Basically, the level of recruits are not a giant stride above what they had in DII, just more of them. Check the NFL rosters. Good coaching can only take you so far if there is no dominant player to take over.
                        I'm upset about today's loss, but I'm not so sure about this post. I have to disagree with you on needing to upgrade at all positions. I am all for being disappointed in a loss and pointing out some blame and weaknesses, but this is just going overboard I think.

Comment

After a good night's sleep, I'm climbing in off the ledge. Yesterday's game was just so frustrating because the Jacks couldn't get anything going on either side of the ball for so long and still almost won. I'm sure the travel disaster had a lot to do with the team being out of sync at times. I suspect we'll be seeing UND and then NDSU in the playoffs, but those are both winnable games if this team plays its best. How great is it to have the SJAC this time of year for the team to prepare in? They'll be ready to go, I'm sure. I still think there is room for some rethinking of our tendencies and such, but generally the program is on a good trajectory.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            I'm upset about today's loss, but I'm not so sure about this post. I have to disagree with you on needing to upgrade at all positions. I am all for being disappointed in a loss and pointing out some blame and weaknesses, but this is just going overboard I think.
                            I second that, Cappin, with a caveat. First, let me say that I think the Jacks will take this loss, learn from it, and surprise the doubters in the playoffs.

As for next season (and the need to upgrade), I am curious about the DB/LB situation on defense with the loss of Lally, Butler, and Forsythe; however, we still have Bobbit, Hassell, the Brown Bros., and Taylor to help "reload." Also, does anyone else think it might be beneficial to make Mengarelli a Tyrel Kool-type player, as we have Paris, Wallace, Zenner, Wieneke, and Daniel waiting in the wings? That could help maximize the skill players we have on the field on offense.

Comment

The Jacks players and coaches will never use the travel woes as an excuse, nor should the coaches let the players believe that to be an excuse. The fact of the matter, though, is that was a huge routine breaker and likely did play a huge role in the way the Jacks played. Football is a game where you have to prepare yourself mentally before the game, and to be taken out of their routines could be huge.

I know know personally I would've been physically and mentally drained after sitting in an airport all day and wondering if I was ever going to make it to the game on time.

I don't understand the usage of the two-QB system right now, though. What did Lujan do to deserve playing the whole game in a matchup that seemed to favor TC's talent set? Bringing TC in for three plays in short yardage situations wasn't exactly deceptive either. It's almost like the Flash Lite in those spots. Try the better runner and stronger armed QB in a game that has 30-40 mph wind gusts. Menagrelli was able to run to the outside. Who's the only other guy on the team that can do it as effectively as Mengarelli? TC.

We have the luxury of having two capable QBs. Did the coaching staff forget that yesterday? This could've been TCs chance to pay back Lujan for bailing him out at Vermillion.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                I second that, Cappin, with a caveat. First, let me say that I think the Jacks will take this loss, learn from it, and surprise the doubters in the playoffs.

As for next season (and the need to upgrade), I am curious about the DB/LB situation on defense with the loss of Lally, Butler, and Forsythe; however, we still have Bobbit, Hassell, the Brown Bros., and Taylor to help "reload." Also, does anyone else think it might be beneficial to make Mengarelli a Tyrel Kool-type player, as we have Paris, Wallace, Zenner, Wieneke, and Daniel waiting in the wings? That could help maximize the skill players we have on the field on offense.
                                I really like the CB's we have waiting in the wings. They've contributed greatly this year and have shown promise and progress. Both are taller and longer armed. I think we'll do well there. Love the idea of mengarelli in the slot. It seems like there are RB's a plenty but I'm not as on board with this platoon approach. At the beginning of the season the coaches raved on Wallace, even going so far as to say he has a skillset like no other. It's like he fell off the face of the earth, save for the occasional special teams play.

All in all a good season, again I'd have never imagined 8-3 at the start of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X