X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Re: Reg Season Finale: 'Necks

Is it Saturday yet? The weather keeps getting worse and worse.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Good question! I like the chances of our defense to force a 3 and out versus are offense NOT having a 3 and out. I just have a lot more confidence in our defense. I too would prefer to start the second half with the ball after adjustments are made. We have been doing a better job of making those adjustments this year it seems.
    Our offense has struggled with first drives this year, and with how good our defense is, I would rather get our defense out there first and probably give the offense good field position to start with. I have always been a fan of deferring, but with the makeup of our team, it makes even more sense.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    Do you want SDSU to take the ball if the win the coin toss? I have never been a fan of that. I know that it works sometimes but there are other times like the USD game. We win the flip, we take the ball, we go 3 and out, they get the ball to start the second half and drive it down the field for a touchdown.
    They were talking about this during the Patriots game a couple weeks ago. They said that NE is the best team in the NFL at scoring the last drive of the 1st half and then the first drive of the second half. I know we aren't NE on offense and we can't guarantee that we will have the ball and score at the end of the first half but I like having the ball after making halftime adjustments.
    Maybe he just means the first chance we get the ball opening drive. Not necessarily to get the opening kickoff. Either way I sort of agree. A game like this would be great to come out and show them we mean business, regardless who gets the opening kickoff.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    Do you want SDSU to take the ball if the win the coin toss? I have never been a fan of that. I know that it works sometimes but there are other times like the USD game. We win the flip, we take the ball, we go 3 and out, they get the ball to start the second half and drive it down the field for a touchdown.
    They were talking about this during the Patriots game a couple weeks ago. They said that NE is the best team in the NFL at scoring the last drive of the 1st half and then the first drive of the second half. I know we aren't NE on offense and we can't guarantee that we will have the ball and score at the end of the first half but I like having the ball after making halftime adjustments.
    Good question! I like the chances of our defense to force a 3 and out versus are offense NOT having a 3 and out. I just have a lot more confidence in our defense. I too would prefer to start the second half with the ball after adjustments are made. We have been doing a better job of making those adjustments this year it seems.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

I think the Jacks need to FINALLY start out fast. If they can get up big, I think it would break WIU's spirit on a disappointing season. I would like to see a touchdown on the opening drive for the first time in a while. I hope they team is pumped up and realizes that this win should secure a bye week. If it is bad weather, who do you think the Jacks start at QB?

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by raiders64 View Post
    Don't forget about the punting game, Punts are like a box of chocolate,you don't know what kind of punt you are going to get.
    The positive side of me is hoping Hale doesn't see the field.

Leave a comment:

• raiders64
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Bad weather doesn't scare me as much. I think that'll play out well for the D, provided they can wrap them up. Gut says poor weather start TC, run/pass option opens the field. If it's ZL like I think then I hope the o-line plays at the top of their game. They'll need to open holes for Brady and Kyle like the SUU game and protect ZL. Jake, Dallas and crew will get open and can do some damage, especially if the run game is going. Special teams is the crapshoot, do you go or not go for the FG? Kick it straight and deep or go for the corner kick? Does the PR try to field a wet ball bounce? KR, do they try fancy moves or run it straight on a one cut and go? The coverage units don't worry me as much anymore, they seem to fill the lanes and tackle well.
    Don't forget about the punting game, Punts are like a box of chocolate,you don't know what kind of punt you are going to get.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

The game will be on ESPN3 so can be watched on phones and tablets with the WatchESPN app (while in the stands at Frost for the women's BB game vs. Notre Dame.) Great afternoon!

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Coach Stig spoke at a Sioux Empire Staters Club lunch in Sioux Falls on Tuesday and shared several tidbits with a room full of diners. Among the insights relevant to this week's game were: Lujan is likely to start against Western Illinois. Weineke has been hampered most of the season by a muscle injury and still is. Mears tried to play last Saturday but is still recovering from a knee injury that had kept him out for a few games.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Bad weather doesn't scare me as much. I think that'll play out well for the D, provided they can wrap them up. Gut says poor weather start TC, run/pass option opens the field. If it's ZL like I think then I hope the o-line plays at the top of their game. They'll need to open holes for Brady and Kyle like the SUU game and protect ZL. Jake, Dallas and crew will get open and can do some damage, especially if the run game is going. Special teams is the crapshoot, do you go or not go for the FG? Kick it straight and deep or go for the corner kick? Does the PR try to field a wet ball bounce? KR, do they try fancy moves or run it straight on a one cut and go? The coverage units don't worry me as much anymore, they seem to fill the lanes and tackle well.

Leave a comment:

• ST_Lawson
    replied

The temp keeps dropping. High of 33 degrees with 15-25mph winds. 20% chance of precipitation. They are in a River flood warning right now. The SJAC is nice this time of year but I hope we are also spending some time outside to prepare for the elements.
    Yea, we had over am inch yesterday and just under 5" so far today. Supposed to keep raining until about 4 AM, then temps will drop steadily over the next 5 days. Should be a cold, wet day in Macomb on Saturday.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Well it looks like we might get another snow game. 60% chance of snow with an inch of accumulation and a high of 41 is the forecast.

Another big game for Kyle Paris could be in store.
    The temp keeps dropping. High of 33 degrees with 15-25mph winds. 20% chance of precipitation. They are in a River flood warning right now. The SJAC is nice this time of year but I hope we are also spending some time outside to prepare for the elements.

Leave a comment:

• thumper_76
    replied

Worried that this game could be a trap game. Big win vs ISUr, comeback at one of your rivals place, and playoffs on the horizon, vs a good but not great team. Hope we don't come out flat looking ahead to the playoffs. Although, after how we came off the bye, maybe not having a break wouldn't be the worst thing.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    Some might say there is no way of knowing what would have happened if Lujan played the whole game against ISUr.

Zujan led the team on the path to beating USD, and he did it from 10 points down on the road. Maybe TC could have done that too, but Lujan actually did it (just like TC actually beat ISUr). Give him a little credit.

I'll admit, I'm slightly partial to Lujan due to experience, leadership, and performance (but he isn't perfect either). But I'm more partial to being 8-2. IMO, we wouldn't be there without both. Bottom line, we have two really good QB's.
    Ha, your argument about not knowing if Lujan could have beat ISUr is valid. I definitely give Lujan credit for coming in and performing like he did. I'm not saying they shouldn't have brought Lujan in, I just don't agree with the statement that SDSU would have lost if they didn't bring him in. I'm glad we have both options, and if we can continue to make this system work, awesome!

Leave a comment:

• SF_Rabbit_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Article from Zim regarding SDSU's QB situation: http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...otes/75710932/

I don't agree with this quote referring to Lujan "the Jackrabbits wouldn't have won Saturday's DakotaDome rivalry clash against South Dakota without him". There's no way of knowing what would have happened if TC stays in that game.
    Some might say there is no way of knowing what would have happened if Lujan played the whole game against ISUr.

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Who led the team on the path to beating the #2 team in the nation? I think that's the only question one should ask themselves in terms of who to play at QB.
    Zujan led the team on the path to beating USD, and he did it from 10 points down on the road. Maybe TC could have done that too, but Lujan actually did it (just like TC actually beat ISUr). Give him a little credit.

I'll admit, I'm slightly partial to Lujan due to experience, leadership, and performance (but he isn't perfect either). But I'm more partial to being 8-2. IMO, we wouldn't be there without both. Bottom line, we have two really good QB's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X