X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 USD GDT

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    [ATTACH]729[/ATTACH]

Seriously, you Lujan only guys need to get over yourselves. Notice how quiet ya'll have been till today. Just wait in the shadows to make bitchy little comments when the guy you don't like has a tough outing. Very classy.

I have been totally off the bandwagon for the two QB thing, but count me as a believer now. Both guys are great and the coaches seem to be managing it very well. Kudos to them IMO.
    My perspective on the 2 QB issue has been about fairness and giving both a shot to prove themselves.Saying you're doing that by giving Lujan the first two series and then benching him the rest of the game smacks of being completely disingenuous to me,and I don't mind saying so.Especially when the coaches seem predisposed to benching Lujan regardless.That and the it's got to be TC or you're a complete idiot attitude expressed by some posters too I guess.I don't have an axe to grind against anyone,it's more of a fairness issue with me.I hope we play both at their proper times and that they both find success.As long as the rotation makes sense and isn't based on some preconceived notions that havn't even been proven enough,to my satisfaction anyway, to completely disregard the other QB.Fire away with you're rebuttals,for those who disagree.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-15-2015, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Please excuse my comments if they have already been said. Great comeback for the Jacks! Compliments to USD. They are a solid team this year and would be a playoff team in any other conference. State was lucky to sneak out with a win. As much as I thought TC was the guy, Lujan won that game for the Jacks. I never thought I would commend our coaches for the qb situation this year, but they played it perfect today. It was obvious that usd prepared for TC but not so much for Lujan. This Win is all because of the Jacks bend and no break D and Lujan! Let's go beat Western next week and we got a top 8 seed!
      GBGBGJ

Comment

One more thing, if we want to be a national championship team we need to punt and kick better, usd was great in both of those categories. SDSU was for the most part not good in those areas of the game. If the jacks wanna be a NC type team they have to clean up the kicking game or they will not make it to the goal of winning a NC

Comment

Great win! Lujan absolutely won that game for us.

Many people here jumped on the TC bandwagon because he was a highly regarded recruit and his physical tools are really good. Today proved that TC is a long ways from being a college QB and isnt ready to be handed the keys. If you force TC to read a D he's in trouble at this point in his career.

That being said he's also won us a couple games. Going forward we have two QBs that are as different as black and white. We are going to be very difficult to prepare for.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

- The USD running back was getting a lot of yards from missed tackles as mentioned on here, but the other big way they were killing us was on cutbacks. We'd get pretty solid push on the way that the USD run play was designed to go, but the RB would cut back and we wouldn't have anyone there.

- Our lack of run game is going to bite us in the ass at some point. I'm not sure what we need to do differently, but without a consistent run game I think we'll get stopped by a team that can shut down Jake.
            I agree with your post but these two issues, to me, were the most worrisome. USD is a team that SDSU can beat without being able to run the ball effectively. It's going to kill us in the playoffs if State can't run the ball. A team like NDSU and UNI won't be easy to beat.

Secondly, lack of tackling sucked. Seemed like a bad game for the D. Credit to their RB though. He did a great job. He's going to get killed if he keeps taking those hits though. Tough kid.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think the team can run. In fact, it's our opponents attention to our running game that opens up our passing game.

Go look at how many of Jakes catches were off playaction. And honestly, he's the best weapon we have.

Sheesh. If we would have lined up with 2 TE'S, and a FB every play like USD, it would have been "we don't throw the ball!".

I am convinced the coaches can't win. No matter the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                [ATTACH]729[/ATTACH]

Seriously, you Lujan only guys need to get over yourselves. Notice how quiet ya'll have been till today. Just wait in the shadows to make bitchy little comments when the guy you don't like has a tough outing. Very classy.

I have been totally off the bandwagon for the two QB thing, but count me as a believer now. Both guys are great and the coaches seem to be managing it very well. Kudos to them IMO.
                There are a handful of guys that definitely seem to take the QB decision personally. It's like they were just waiting for TC to have a slip-up so they could run to the board and post.

Whatever we are doing, it has been working.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  I think the team can run. In fact, it's our opponents attention to our running game that opens up our passing game.

Go look at how many of Jakes catches were off playaction. And honestly, he's the best weapon we have.

Sheesh. If we would have lined up with 2 TE'S, and a FB every play like USD, it would have been "we don't throw the ball!".

I am convinced the coaches can't win. No matter the outcome.
                  I don't think either 08 or I were blaming the coaches. Hell, I prefer throwing the ball. It's not that we don't run. It's that we can't run the ball that effectively. I'm not sure why you thought anyone was advocating that we run the ball more or blaming the coaches.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I know it seems like they ran all over us, and they did to the extent that we gave too many yds per carry. (4.2) but we did ourselves gain 3.1 per carry which is OK but not great. Saying we couldn't run the ball effectively isn't really right, but it's not entirely wrong either.

And by all that I mean to point out that statistically we were just shy of being able to run every down. (about 10.8 inches or the distance of a bad/good spot)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      I don't think either 08 or I were blaming the coaches. Hell, I prefer throwing the ball. It's not that we don't run. It's that we can't run the ball that effectively. I'm not sure why you thought anyone was advocating that we run the ball more or blaming the coaches.
                      Understood.

Sorry, violated my own rule for message boards.

Sure am glad we won yesterday.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else but I am in the camp of feeling fortunate that if we have one quarterback that is struggling with the opposing defense that we have another capable quarterback with a different style of play that can step in and excel. This situation has worked both ways not just in favor of one quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                          I don't know about anyone else but I am in the camp of feeling fortunate that if we have one quarterback that is struggling with the opposing defense that we have another capable quarterback with a different style of play that can step in and excel. This situation has worked both ways not just in favor of one quarterback.
                          Truth. And it's darn near impossible for a defense to prepare for both.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                            ^^^The Camp Common Sense^^^ Are you part of the coaching staff?
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              There are a handful of guys that definitely seem to take the QB decision personally. It's like they were just waiting for TC to have a slip-up so they could run to the board and post.

Whatever we are doing, it has been working.
                              I sure don't take it personal, but you have posters saying TC is the answer after one college game. These are posters who dont see them everyday in practice but seem to have the answers. I find that laughable. People seem to forget what Lujan has done. He's been really really good.

Heck we even have some that think Lujan is nothing but a back up. We have the best backup in the FCS If thats the case.

No doubt in my mind both are very good at certain aspects of the game. Luckily for us those skill sets are about as similar as black and white. That makes it tough to put a game plan together against us.

Comment

Each game has different problems for each QB. Against an active DL use TC. If pass protection looks good, put ZL in. It seems pretty simple. I don't understand a lot of this "Ha Ha" attitude towards either QB. Support 'em both, they've gotten us to #5 in the country and potentially a top seed. But, please continue on with the bitching about every thing this team has done wrong, despite it being the best we've ever had.......
                                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                                X