Illinois St: GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illinois St: GDT

First of all, great game by the Jackrabbits.

2nd, I thought the coaches had a solid gameplan.

The lines were good. The OL didn't dominate, but they opened some holes, and we got mostly positive yardage on the ground.

The D-line and LBers were phenomenal. Coprich had nowhere to run. His long run of the day was 8 yards, around the right end.

Great coaching move I noticed, #82 Warrum is a great player. On their first td drive, he caught a short pass, made Forsythe miss, and ran down to the 5. Most of the rest of the game... coaches had JeRyan Butler go to his side.
    (Jacks normally don't do this. Forsythe has a side, Butler the other). This was big. Butler broke up 4 passes to him. ISUR did a good job, putting him in the slot, on occasion, where he was covered by Safety/LB. On the long td off playaction, Jacks dropped zone and he ran across the field. The deep pass he caught before the blocked fg, was over the safety(from the slot).

Butler played a phenomenal game. When Butler came out 4th quarter(even went to the locker room briefly)... #8 and/or #14 covered him.

I didn't agree with the 2nd 2 pt conversion attempt, either.

I think the KO, was supposed to be a squib, and it was miskicked.

Last week, when Lujan played well, I said the qb controversy was over. I was right in saying so, but for the wrong qb. TC should just be the guy, with ZL readyto go.

I love this team. Such a fun game to enjoy.

Comment

What I am impressed with is how TC can throw such a good pass on a scramble. Its almost like that's his best throw.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

What a great day and game! Honestly, I love the smaller crowds. We are the diehards and make a ton of noise. My dad brought a friend to his first SDSU tailgate and game today and he had a great time and was wondering when the next game was. I told him it was a small crowd and kind of a lame tailgate but he has a blast!

In terms of the game, I was so impressed again with our defense. Switching Butler to follow #82 was a great adjustment. His yardage came on the other CB's or when he got passed to a safety. I also liked when we dialed up the blitzes and made Roberson rush it. We didn't get home often but we certainly sped up his decision making. Offensively, I think we left some points out there but once TC got in a rhythm he played well. He mentioned in the post game interview with Merriam that he and Jake are still working on their chemistry and timeing but he knows he just has to put in a place for Jake to go get it and he usually will. I have to tip my cap to Lujon for coming in and throwing an awesome touchdown pass to Jake. I also love the combo of Mengerelli and Paris. Paris runs with so much power. It's fun to see.

Exciting time to be a Jackrabbit. Let's take care of the pups next weekend.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
          Wow, very impressive win! Illinois State is as talented as any FCS team in the country, and you beat 'em. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way.
          Hey thanks. But did we actually win? Hell i thought we must have got beat by a fckn xtra point. But guess not. How bout our defense!!!

Comment

WOW!! Great win Jacks and fans!! Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              What a great day and game! Honestly, I love the smaller crowds. We are the diehards and make a ton of noise. My dad brought a friend to his first SDSU tailgate and game today and he had a great time and was wondering when the next game was. I told him it was a small crowd and kind of a lame tailgate but he has a blast!

In terms of the game, I was so impressed again with our defense. Switching Butler to follow #82 was a great adjustment. His yardage came on the other CB's or when he got passed to a safety. I also liked when we dialed up the blitzes and made Roberson rush it. We didn't get home often but we certainly sped up his decision making. Offensively, I think we left some points out there but once TC got in a rhythm he played well. He mentioned in the post game interview with Merriam that he and Jake are still working on their chemistry and timeing but he knows he just has to put in a place for Jake to go get it and he usually will. I have to tip my cap to Lujon for coming in and throwing an awesome touchdown pass to Jake. I also love the combo of Mengerelli and Paris. Paris runs with so much power. It's fun to see.

Exciting time to be a Jackrabbit. Let's take care of the pups next weekend.
              But people watching on tv said you could hear a pin drop...?
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                But people watching on tv said you could hear a pin drop...?
                Really? huh! When SDSU was on offense it was dead quiet, but when the Jacks were on defense I thought it was awesome noise. Weird! Stig and Jesse Bobbit commented on it in the postgame.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Congrats on your win today. Surprised but not shocked

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    So he can kickoff the entire 2nd half, but can't kick an extra point...got it.
                    Carlson wasn't kicking off all the time. Another kicker kicked that squib kick that failed at the end of the half.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Carlson wasn't kicking off all the time. Another kicker kicked that squib kick that failed at the end of the half.
                      Read my post again. I said the entire 2nd half...
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        But did we actually win?
                        Not sure. You should check the final score, then check your chart to see if it means a win or loss.

Comment

Word was that Carlson had a hip strain of some sort after the blocked extra point. He had been dinged a bit last week at MoSt as well. Hopefully he will be healed for the rest of the season. Luckily the defense held the redbirds at bay for the win and we can go to Vermillion to continue the effort for a top 8 seed this year. This is a great win for the Jackrabbits this season and the final game at CAS.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Sorry AJF and Bose guy,but we won!

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              Hey thanks. But did we actually win? Hell i thought we must have got beat by a fckn xtra point. But guess not. How bout our defense!!!
                              Laugh if you want,but if the redbirds got the onside kick with 1:16 or whatever the time was,we could have lost that game if they went down and scored,where as if we'd a of took the two extra points,the most they could of done is try for two themselves for a win,or go to OT tied.The chart failed if it's purpose is to keep you out of those type scenarios,not create them.I'm happy for Stig and the team,we won,enough negativity from me.Great game,great win.

Comment

You could "if" yourself into insanity though. What happened, Happened.

If Worrum doesn't fall down on his own on that deep pass?
                                If Weineke doesn't break the tackle and score on our deep pass.
                                If Brown makes that 2nd interception?

If, If, If...

One great thing.

I went and read ISU's board, just to see what they are saying about us.
                                And while some were complimentary, a number of them gave the refs the blame (of course), and a number of disparraging remarks about the announcers... And how there is no replay at CAS, and how few people were there...

I found it hilarious, that near the end... a couple of them thought that they should go to a "platoon" qb system, to give Roberson some more rest, and to just get in a different groove, occasionally. One of them even said something along the lines that "SDSU has shown it can work". Oh my word. Funny stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X