Illinois St: GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Illinois St: GDT

Jacks recover and they will pull this out.

Comment

Ballgame
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Final: SDSU 25, Illinois State 20.

SDSU (7-2, 4-2) travel to USD next weekend. The Jacks also (probably) ensure a playoff selection.

If the Jacks win out, they'll most likely be seeded.

Huge win. Huge way to bounce back given the mistakes.

Comment

Finally a big win!!! Wooooohoooo!

Comment

Great great win. Way to go rabbits!
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Now there's a real gem on a solid playoff resume.

First FCS team to hold ISU under 21, if I'm not mistaken. A defense like ours can put you in position to win against about anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                Every coach in the country has an Extra Point chart. Go for two or kick the one. While it may not make the most sense for us MMQB's, there is thought that goes into that chart and the decisions. Coaches all trust the chart. That's why they have it and the chart is there to help make decisions. Just like everything else that goes into game planning, the chart is part of it.
                Yes, we all know about the chart. No, not every coach has or uses a chart. The chart is for those coaches who don't feel that they can do math and trust their decision in the short amount of time required to make that decision.

If the chart says go for 2 up 11, but nearly everyone, including the commentators think you should kick the XP, I'd say there is a problem with said chart. As much as you want to make it so, it isn't rocket science that requires a significant amount of logic.

On another topic, if we are seeded, does that mean all home games would be at Howard Wood?

Comment

Great win.

Did our kicker get hurt? If not could someone please help our coaching staff with the decision to go for two or not. After a missed PAT you can still kick the extra point. There is zero reason to go for two with an 11 point lead. That's it. Great win today!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                    Every coach in the country has an Extra Point chart. Go for two or kick the one. While it may not make the most sense for us MMQB's, there is thought that goes into that chart and the decisions. Coaches all trust the chart. That's why they have it and the chart is there to help make decisions. Just like everything else that goes into game planning, the chart is part of it.
                    If your chart says to go for 2 when up 11 late in the game, you need a new chart...
                    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

While i think Stig and Co. have made some real head scratching decisions this season, i refuse to believe he decided to go for two. Carlson had to be hurt bad enough to where he couldn't kick. Also,there's no freaking chart that tells you to go for two in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        While i think Stig and Co. have made some real head scratching decisions this season, i refuse to believe he decided to go for two. Carlson had to be hurt bad enough to where he couldn't kick. Also,there's no freaking chart that tells you to go for two in that situation.
                        post game said Carlson had hip issues, that's injury enough for me.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Stig said on the post game that Carlson did something to his hip or reaggravated it or something.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            So he can kickoff the entire 2nd half, but can't kick an extra point...got it.
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              We have another kicker though... One that I'm sure is capable of making an extra point, so I really don't think the injury is what held them from kicking the xp.

Regardless, awesome game! So happy for those guys!

Looking ahead to USD, they actually have a shot at the playoffs with their win today, so that will give them some extra motivation... as if they needed any more motivation against us.

Comment

Wow, very impressive win! Illinois State is as talented as any FCS team in the country, and you beat 'em. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X