X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Next Up: Illinois State

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I will get it out the way.

What were they thinking doing that play call in that situation........

Why cant Lujan run from the pressure, they need to play TC more......Why cant TC get the ball to the wizard, he cant just run all the time, put Lujan in........

Why cant our special teams make a FG or a punt inside the 20......

The defense drives me crazy, they need to WRAP up. Cant play that soft against a good team......

Can we fire the coaches for not winning another big game.......

ok. So if we lose I think I am good. Nothing else I can complain about later.
    I'm sure someone will complain Matt Zimmer's coverage of the game too......

Comment

The only time everyone is optimistic is the first game of the season,it's downhill from there.Adversity happens and optimism suffers as a consequence.Most people don't handle adversity well,me included.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        I will get it out the way.

What were they thinking doing that play call in that situation........

Why cant Lujan run from the pressure, they need to play TC more......Why cant TC get the ball to the wizard, he cant just run all the time, put Lujan in........

Why cant our special teams make a FG or a punt inside the 20......

The defense drives me crazy, they need to WRAP up. Cant play that soft against a good team......

Can we fire the coaches for not winning another big game.......

ok. So if we lose I think I am good. Nothing else I can complain about later.
        Let me help, I don't think this list is comprehensive...
        Oline doesn't block anybody, how can we expect to move the ball when we get beat up front every play...
        Why does our secondary play such soft coverage, we let the other team have 7 yard completions all day...
        Penalties...

I'll think of some more, give me time

Comment

If we lose,i don't care if there's a meltdown here or not. Some people take this place too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
            Oline doesn't block anybody, how can we expect to move the ball when we get beat up front every play...
            Why does our secondary play such soft coverage, we let the other team have 7 yard completions all day...
            Penalties...

This irritates me when we have 3rd and long the whole game and our opponent always has 3rd and short. It seems no adjustment is made,or even attempted, when it stays that way all game long. Maybe there's nothing we can do? I would hope there would be something, but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by tck9199 View Post
              Sorry have to disagree a 3 loss mvfc team isn't on the outside looking in especially with losses to two top 10 teams (unless your talking about a seed then I agree) If Jacks lose out the rest of their games then we are probably out and deservedly so..
              I think a loss tomorrow puts SDSU at great risk to lose 1 of the last 2 on the road and that has SDSU on the bubble at best.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                If we lose,i don't care if there's a meltdown here or not. Some people take this place too seriously.
                Wish I was more like you....

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I think a loss tomorrow puts SDSU at great risk to lose 1 of the last 2 on the road and that has SDSU on the bubble at best.
                  At 7-4 we would be in. We would have to lose out and go 6-5 to be out of the playoffs. There just aren't very many good teams in FCS this year and an expanded field of 24 pretty much ensures a 7-4 MFVC school will get an invite. Especially one with a FBS win and a win over SUU.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                    At 7-4 we would be in. We would have to lose out and go 6-5 to be out of the playoffs. There just aren't very many good teams in FCS this year and an expanded field of 24 pretty much ensures a 7-4 MFVC school will get an invite. Especially one with a FBS win and a win over SUU.
                    I hope you right although I must admit I'm not that excited to see this program just make the playoffs. I want to see them contend for a title, selfish I know. I think another loss at home to a team SDSU can and should beat suggests this years team is not a contender. At this point I still believe they are.

Correctable factors lead to the loss against UNI for sure. The NDSU game was nearly a complete debacle and needs to be ignored. The only way a loss tomorrow is encouraging is if the Jacks play flawless and just get beat by a better team. ISU is beatable, I'm certain of that.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Unlike the UNI game, this game does not have that signature meltdown game feel to it. That usually happens when SDSU is the higher ranked team.

I think SDSU will go out there, compete, and put some points up. May the best team win.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        I hope you right although I must admit I'm not that excited to see this program just make the playoffs. I want to see them contend for a title, selfish I know. I think another loss at home to a team SDSU can and should beat suggests this years team is not a contender. At this point I still believe they are.

Correctable factors lead to the loss against UNI for sure. The NDSU game was nearly a complete debacle and needs to be ignored. The only way a loss tomorrow is encouraging is if the Jacks play flawless and just get beat by a better team. ISU is beatable, I'm certain of that.
                        All of the above.

Comment

Penalties...

Special teams
                          A certain WR having trouble hanging onto the ball
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Penalties...

Crowd was awful, too small and quiet, students left at halftime, and Jack Rabbit's head falls off while taking a picture with a group of kids, leading to tears. Now I got nothing left to pre complain about.
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Crowd was awful, too small and quiet, students left at halftime, and Jack Rabbit's head falls off while taking a picture with a group of kids, leading to tears. Now I got nothing left to pre complain about.
                              The people in front of me were standing up too much, and the people behind me weren't standing up enough !

Comment

It is amazing how perspectives can be so different. Our team is so close to being title contenders.... this year. Yes, injuries have decimated the OL. That was projected to be one of our strengths at the start of fall ball. Offense was clicking along and a certain wide receiver had to be in the mix for the Walter Payton award with his blazing start to the season. While the back side of our defense was projected to be as good as anybody in FCS, the rest of the defense has exceeded projections and they are the major reason why we are still in the hunt.

My glass is half full! I think we come out of this game 1-0 with the potential to go 1-0 for the following 6 games.

If not, I still have the other half to drink.

Comment

Working...
                                X