Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coverage

Accusing him of being drunk while writing the blog seems like a pretty serious accusation. How do you know he didn't write it this morning? The time on the story was 9:38am this morning. I don't think the write up was supposed to look like an actual game write up....as it was a "blog" post.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
      The "article" was not in the newspaper, apparently just a blog. I didn't expect coverage of the exhibition games, but I am disappointed that the Argus didn't see fit to cover the Summit League Soccer championships, except for brief summaries of the games.
      I didn't expect coverage of the exhibition games either. You are playing a NAIA team(Or DIII). If you want the Argus to cover an exhibition game, play somebody like Augie. I'm not trying to start a fight over weather SDSU can only lose in that situation or not. If you played somebody like that, there would be 5000 fans not 1200. These games SDSU played everybody in both the mens and women games. It's great to see the future (and not kill the undermanned team) but it isn't really coached like a real game so why treat it like one. I wouldn't be disappointed if they did have coverage but didn't expect it!

You would expect them to cover the Soccer Championships. Both SDSU and USD were in it. If you cover high school soccer why not a DI college's playoffs? If you think soccer(or any other sport) isn't worth covering, how do you decide what sport is worth covering or not? Nothing against high school sports, I follow them really good but just using that as an example since I THINK they cover Sioux Falls high school soccer.

Comment

Pretty good article about local women's college basketball and the crowds it attracts by Zimmer this afternoon. Mainly in regards to SDSu and the SL tournament.

Who's going to be the first to apologize??

As far as no soccer coverage...they count clicks on the stories and I'm sure that may have something to do with it.
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUSmitty View Post
          Accusing him of being drunk while writing the blog seems like a pretty serious accusation. How do you know he didn't write it this morning? The time on the story was 9:38am this morning. I don't think the write up was supposed to look like an actual game write up....as it was a "blog" post.
          Who are you talking about who called Zim a drunk? Must have missed that post.

Comment

he did say he had a big write up that was taking a lot of his time to prepare. I would think they will cover the championship game. Maybe not, but would think so for soccer.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              he did say he had a big write up that was taking a lot of his time to prepare. I would think they will cover the championship game. Maybe not, but would think so for soccer.
              There is a very nice new article on support for women's basketball that just showed up on line a little while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                There is a very nice new article on support for women's basketball that just showed up on line a little while ago.
                http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...60b1044f0d3bfc

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Who are you talking about who called Zim a drunk? Must have missed that post.
                  I believe it is referenced from post #22.

Comment

Thanks for posting that,really enjoyed that read,Matt has proven he can write a good story line

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

I believe it is referenced from post #22.
                      OK,it was right after my post and the author didn't say who he was referring to.....my bad,,,should have went backwards a ways until i found the reference.Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I can't imagine being at a point in my life where something like this would actually bother me.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          I can't imagine being at a point in my life where something like this would actually bother me.
                          What is it that's bothering you again,or not bothering you? Too much ambiguity in your statement.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-06-2015, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                            What is it that's bothering you again,or not bothering you? Too much ambiguity in your statement.
                            I can't imagine being at the point in my life where not having any coverage of a womens soccer game and two BB exhibitions would actually bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                              I can't imagine being at the point in my life where not having any coverage of a womens soccer game and two BB exhibitions would actually bother me.
                              Why didn't he just say that......just kidding...guess i don't follow the flow of the conversation well enough.....i apologize ,again!
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-06-2015, 06:54 PM.

Comment

If you've followed Zimmer this isnt the first time hes posted on the blog about his athletic ability. I find it kinda comical he does it but doesn't bother me.

I do agree the Argus should have covered the soccer championships especially since USD and SDSU were both in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X