Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 playoffs

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    I don't think our win against an 0-11 FBS team that lost 49-0 today will carry any weight with the committee. Kansas is terrible.
    I think it does when it comes to opponent SOS and the SRS the committee uses. Not sure though since the SRS formula isn't known (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

http://nobowls.com/
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I would be surprised, but elated if we still end up with a seed. Honestly, I would be happy with anything but a trip to Fargo in the 2nd round. It would be nice if we could just say "alright, we get it, you want to save money. We will pay for the difference if you don't regionalize us." I mean honestly, I get the concept, but doesn't it get to a point where the committee looks at it and says "nah, we can't do that to those teams AGAIN... there are other options to explore"

Comment

I think it's going to be difficult for the committee to turn down a UND vs SDSU @ NDSU matchup.

Hopefully the the committee takes into account the travel for the team. I doubt they will, though. Either way, I agree and just hope that SDSU doesn't end up in Fargo in the second round.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            This would be a great bracket. No Fargo until semifinals if we could get past UNI. I think we are better than them but don't really see this happening. We are going to Fargo in the 2nd round and probably to UND in the first. We'll see at ten I guess.

Comment

@NCAA_FCS: EXCLUSIVE: In 1 hour, the Committee will release the top 4 seeds in the #FCSPlayoffs bracket here on @NCAA_FCS!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                I think it's going to be difficult for the committee to turn down a UND vs SDSU @ NDSU matchup.

Hopefully the the committee takes into account the travel for the team. I doubt they will, though. Either way, I agree and just hope that SDSU doesn't end up in Fargo in the second round.
                I would think the committee seeds top 8 then starts setting up the brackets regionally.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                  I would think the committee seeds top 8 then starts setting up the brackets regionally.
                  Thats the way it's supposed to work. But behind closed doors, I'd say there is a good chance that regionalization and dollars are used as a tiebreaker.

There aren't 8 teams that have a better resume than the Jacks. There are six most likely. I think the Jacks deserve a 7 or 8, but they might just use that regionalization as a tie breaker.

The money thing is also what guarantees NDSU the 2 seed IMO. The NCAA does not want NDSU to have to travel. Mainly because their fans will buy thousands of more tickets to the championship game in Frisco than any other fan base would even consider buying.

Comment

• Re: Playoffs

No matter what happens in the brackets. This is awesome. I was driving home from the doubleheader in Brookings yesterday, listening to the final recap of the football game. I was feeling a little down about all of it. Then I realized how awesome it was regardless of all the adversity yesterday. Our MBB team took down TCU. The women's basketball team made the #3 team in the nation sweat an entire game, our school and fans impressing the opposing teams coach so much it compelled her to take the mic and compliment us, something she hadn't done in her entire career. The wrestling team was literally a takedown away from beating the #6 Va Tech, and they compete in the Big 12 conference in that sport. The football team sits at the precipice of entering the playoffs once again. How lucky are we? When we entered this D1, I was on the positive side, but I never imagined we would be here, like this. It is truly incredible what this University, the athletes and this fanbase have done in such a short time comparatively to so many of the mid majors out there. Hold your heads high, I am one proud fan today regardless of where we go in the playoffs! Go big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The Top 4 is starting to be released. Illinois State is in the top 4.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

And NDSU.
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Jacksonville St.

Comment

McNeese St.

Comment

• Playoffs

Hey, I thought we were supposed to be perched on the ledge here.

Throw in wins over ISU-R (two sports), Arkansas, USD, Weber St, and Marist and it's been a fun two-week period as a fan.

Playoff show is starting soon. That committee has a mess to sort out.

Comment

I think having two playoff threads might get confusing. Any way for mods to merge?

Comment

Working...
                                X