Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    Here is the worst bracket I have seen. We are un-seeded. This guy has 4 teams from a very weak Big Sky, including a 5-4 North Dakota team, but no Southern Utah who is actually leading the conference.
    http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/...l/bracketology
    Southern Utah and Northern Arizona play this weekend. Both are 7-3 overall, but SUU has the better conference record. If NAU knocks off SUU, then Portland State would get the auto bid if they beat E. Washington. Some good games on tap for the Big Fluffy this weekend!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Here is the worst bracket I have seen. We are un-seeded. This guy has 4 teams from a very weak Big Sky, including a 5-4 North Dakota team, but no Southern Utah who is actually leading the conference.
      With that seeding we could have an all MVFC final four. We would still have to go through Fargo, at least not in the 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Southern Utah and Northern Arizona play this weekend. Both are 7-3 overall, but SUU has the better conference record. If NAU knocks off SUU, then Portland State would get the auto bid if they beat E. Washington. Some good games on tap for the Big Fluffy this weekend!
        Hard to gauge anything in the BSC this year, but I think SUU beats Northern Arizona, soundly.

UNA's big win over EWU is looking less and less like a big win. Outside of that win, they really haven't beaten anyone of substance and they have a loss to Montana and UC Davis. EWU are reeling. The Montana game was terrible. That said, I do think the BSC gets 4. SUU, PSU, UM and either Northern AZ, UND or EWU. I also think the MVFC get in four. NDSU, SDSU, ISUr, UNI. I don't see UNI losing to SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
          I don't see UNI losing to SIU.
          I don't know... this wouldn't surprise me all that much... It will be Iannotti's last game, and if the Salukis can get rolling on offense, I don't think UNI will be able to keep up. They have been playing good ball, but they squeaked by us, then have had 3 easy games against USD, ISUb, and Mo. St.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, as I think they will be a dangerous playoff team, and I would rather see them stay home.

Comment

UNI's QB should run wild against SIU. Their defense is horrific(bad by even Big Sky standards) and UNI's defense is really good...I would be shocked if UNI loses even though Lennon seems to own them for some bizarre reason.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I don't know... this wouldn't surprise me all that much... It will be Iannotti's last game, and if the Salukis can get rolling on offense, I don't think UNI will be able to keep up. They have been playing good ball, but they squeaked by us, then have had 3 easy games against USD, ISUb, and Mo. St.

Maybe this is wishful thinking, as I think they will be a dangerous playoff team, and I would rather see them stay home.
              UNI need to win or the Valley will only get in 3. There are too many 7 win teams out there to justify a 6-5 team from the MVFC.

Comment

MoraStei.jpg

The Stig.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                  UNI need to win or the Valley will only get in 3. There are too many 7 win teams out there to justify a 6-5 team from the MVFC.
                  I guess I don't really care if the Valley only gets 3 teams in. It would be easier for SDSU to beat a 7 win team from a different conference compared to UNI, I'll guarantee that.

Comment

Maybe I'm crazy, but please don't seed us if that's our route to the semis! Love all those matchups leading to the inevitable matchup in Fargo. No UNI, which seems to be the no doubter if we are seeded for our first matchup, no ISUR, and a very late matchup with NDSU? Count me in! We wax the first two match ups, and I love our chances against a fairly untested (in my mind) JSU team. The only teams that scare me are MVFC teams not necessarily because they are better than JSU, but because we don't match up well with them outside of ISUr and they are very good anyways. But maybe I didn't check the bracket well enough......
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Zim mentioned in his live chat today about a top 8 seed and it would seem that he had the same thought as we did. Resume is too good in the best conference to not get us a top 8 seed, but mentioned the same thing I had with they might look twice about giving one conference 3 of the 8 seeds. Maybe not in those words, but something to that effect.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Zim mentioned in his live chat today about a top 8 seed and it would seem that he had the same thought as we did. Resume is too good in the best conference to not get us a top 8 seed, but mentioned the same thing I had with they might look twice about giving one conference 3 of the 8 seeds. Maybe not in those words, but something to that effect.
                        It would be a huge lapse of judgement by the committee if we are not seeded (assuming a win against WIU) considering what's gone on around the FCS nationally. Quite frankly, if we are seeded lower than 5, they messed up.

Most likely Jacksonville State will get the #1, McNeese State and NDSU will get the #2-3 (not sure which one will get which), and it'll be us and ISU-Red fighting for the 4-5 spot. Others who will be fighting for seeds, but shouldn't be ranked ahead of us based on resume is William & Mary (wins are close to our and have a terrible loss against Delaware), Portland State (has a really good win against Washington State, but lost to UND and Northern Colorado and probably won't win the Big Sky), Charleston Southern (weak conference), Coastal Carolina (can't even win their weak conference), and maybe a few other could sneak in there if there is some chaos this weekend.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Honestly if we come out of Macomb 9-2 with a quality win(21+) I'd think a 4 seed isn't out of the question. I would love to see the 4 MVFC teams in separate brackets. I'll take those four against the field to make the final 4. If all are in separate brackets I'd be surprised if 3 teams didn't make the final 4, stunned if 2 didn't make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                            It would be a huge lapse of judgement by the committee if we are not seeded (assuming a win against WIU) considering what's gone on around the FCS nationally. Quite frankly, if we are seeded lower than 5, they messed up.

Most likely Jacksonville State will get the #1, McNeese State and NDSU will get the #2-3 (not sure which one will get which), and it'll be us and ISU-Red fighting for the 4-5 spot. Others who will be fighting for seeds, but shouldn't be ranked ahead of us based on resume is William & Mary (wins are close to our and have a terrible loss against Delaware), Portland State (has a really good win against Washington State, but lost to UND and Northern Colorado and probably won't win the Big Sky), Charleston Southern (weak conference), Coastal Carolina (can't even win their weak conference), and maybe a few other could sneak in there if there is some chaos this weekend.
                            Can you imagine the craziness if this happened and it ended up NDSU/SDSU in Frisco?

Comment

Better Frisco than Fargo!

Comment

Playoffs!

The regular season concludes this weekend and the fifth-ranked South Dakota State football team is a virtual lock for the 2015 FCS Playoffs.
                                As a Jackrabbit Club member and one of the best friends of South Dakota State athletics, we want you to be in attendance as the Jackrabbits make their push toward a national championship.
                                Below is information for both scenarios in which the Jacks host their first playoff game:
                                If SDSU receives a top-8 seed
                                • SDSU will play at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls on Saturday, December 5
                                • Ticket cost is $25 for adults and $10 for youth (K-12) and SDSU students with a valid ID ($30 and $15 day-of-the-game)
                                • No tickets will be mailed. Customers may choose to have them at will call, print-at-home or pick up at the SDSU ticket office
                                • Reserved seats for football season ticket holders and Jackrabbit Club members will go on sale, Sunday, Nov. 22 at noon. Reserved seats are located on the west side of the stadium
                                • Seats will be allocated for season ticket holders first by Jackrabbit Club level and then by priority point total
                                • Seats for Jackrabbit Club members who do not have 2015 season tickets will be allocated second by Jackrabbit Club level and then by priority point total
                                • General admission tickets will go on sale to the general public on Sunday Nov. 22 at noon. GA tickets are located on the east side of the stadium
                                • The deadline for season ticket holders and Jackrabbit Club members to request reserved seats is Friday, Nov. 27 at 5:00 p.m.
                                • On Saturday, Nov. 28 at 1:00 p.m., all unsold reserved seats go on sale to the general public

If SDSU does not receive a top-8 seed, but hosts a first round game
                                • SDSU will play at Howard Wood Field in Sioux Falls on Saturday, November 28
                                • Ticket cost is $25 for adults and $10 for youth (K-12) and SDSU students with a valid ID ($30 and $15 day-of-the-game)
                                • No tickets will be mailed. Customers may choose to have them at will call, print-at-home or pick up at the SDSU ticket office
                                • Reserved seats for football season ticket holders and Jackrabbit Club members will go on sale, Sunday, Nov. 22 at noon. Reserved seats are located on the west side of the stadium
                                • Seats will be allocated for season ticket holders first by Jackrabbit Club level and then by priority point total
                                • Seats for Jackrabbit Club members who do not have 2015 season tickets will be allocated second by Jackrabbit Club level and then by priority point total
                                • General admission tickets will go on sale to the general public on Sunday Nov. 22 at noon. GA tickets are located on the east side of the stadium
                                • The deadline for season ticket holders and Jackrabbit Club members to request reserved seats is Friday, Nov. 27 at 5:00 p.m.
                                • On Wednesday, Nov. 25 at 1:00 p.m., all unsold reserved seats go on sale to the general public

Parking
                                • Parking lots will open for tailgaiting five hours prior to kickoff
                                • Tailgating is permitted in all lots directly surrounding Howard Wood Field
                                • All parking lots are free of charge on game day
                                • Jackrabbit Club members at the state level and higher who also have football season tickets can use their blue, Jackrabbit Club priority parking pass to park in Lot D on the west side of Howard Wood Field.
                                • Howard Wood Field Parking Map

Ticket Office information
                                If SDSU is hosting a playoff game, the ticket office will be open on the following dates and times during the week of Thanksgiving:
                                • Sunday, Nov. 22: 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
                                • Monday, Nov. 23 through Wednesday, Nov. 25: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
                                • Closed Thursday, Nov. 26
                                • Friday, Nov. 27: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
                                • Tickets are always available online at Jackrabbittickets.com
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X