Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: On to Misery... I mean Missouri State

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
    Two points on the offense. One already being made that if the LT, whoever is playing the position, is going to continue to get blown by like his feet are nailed to the turf it doesn't matter who's the QB because the backup is going to get in there because the starter is going to get killed. Second point...Lujan has a repertoire with Weineke that TC does not have. If Weineke is healthy, he is the best player on the field and has to get the ball. If Lujan can get a pocket to get him the ball, then maybe he's the guy. And I am a TC proponent. But if Taryn is going to play and show us his dual threat capabilities, he has to find "it" with Weineke.
    Have to utilize your best players and learn how to throw timing patterns. Daunte Culpepper couldn't, but he had Randy Moss (for a while) to make up for it. Weineke should always be your bail out card like Randy was.

Comment

A nice predictable win at MSU. The offense put up good numbers and points. Good thing the Oline was a mess and played poorly again according to many fan forum morons or the score would have reached 100. Third and one play calls could have been better. Give TC a chance to sneak the ball one yard or throw it as MSU knew he would option run it and stopped him every time. Field condition was very wet causing slipping, drops and planting difficult for all players. The shotgun snaps will never be perfect at any level of football. The Center gets the blame even when the QB drops the snap or takes his eye off the snap to soon and mishandles the ball but most fans don't understand this part of the game. On to next week, go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
        A nice predictable win at MSU. The offense put up good numbers and points. Good thing the Oline was a mess and played poorly again according to many fan forum morons or the score would have reached 100. Third and one play calls could have been better. Give TC a chance to sneak the ball one yard or throw it as MSU knew he would option run it and stopped him every time. Field condition was very wet causing slipping, drops and planting difficult for all players.
        Excuse me? You aren't at all concerned that our LT (no matter who it is) is a turnstile? I don't know what game you were watching or have been watching the past few weeks. Wake up.

Stig commented on the LT play in both the JackrabbitJournal and during his radio show he elaborated. The two that playing are third and fourth string because of Carr and Reimer being out. That's why it drives me crazy that we don't keep someone in to help or at least slow the DE down in longer developing passing plays.
        Last edited by WestSideRabbit; 11-01-2015, 02:09 AM.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Everyone's been beating MSU. None the less,it's a great win to forget about Hobo day and put those Demons behind us.We are playing much better now,building camaraderie and confidence.Which should help us for the tougher games ahead.I think the players have committed themselves to be in this thing for the long haul,all the way to the play offs.Time to dig in ,hold their ground against anyone who wants to push them aside and ruin their season and playoff aspirations.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-31-2015, 10:16 PM. Reason: added content to existing post

Comment

First time we've held opponent scoreless since...2013 vs ISUb. I thought I was going to have to go back a lot further than that...I was thinking we hadn't done that since UND came to town in 2010. Hats off the the D, they have definitely been playing well.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Excuse me? You aren't at all concerned that our LT (no matter who it is) is a turnstile? I don't know what game you were watching or have been watching the past few weeks. Wake up.

The left tackle play needs to get better. Give the play a chance by using the TE or RB but that is not the left tackle's choice as he doesn't call the plays and is left alone too often. I assume the OC is ok with the play call and single blocking. LT is a difficult position to play so give him help, run at that D end to make him play the run, screen pass, and don't be so predictable on passing downs.

Comment

I
                Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post

The left tackle play needs to get better. Give the play a chance by using the TE or RB but that is not the left tackle's choice as he doesn't call the plays and is left alone too often. I assume the OC is ok with the play call and single blocking. LT is a difficult position to play so give him help, run at that D end to make him play the run, screen pass, and don't be so predictable on passing downs.
                Agreed!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Stig commented on the LT play in both the JackrabbitJournal and during his radio show he elaborated. The two that playing are third and fourth string because of Carr and Reimer being out. That's why it drives me crazy that we don't keep someone in to help or at least slow the DE down in longer developing passing plays.
                  Looking at last year's stats , Siverling started the entire season at LT. My question is why was he moved to the right side. Teams normally put their best tackle on the left side to protect the QB's blind side and because defenses usually put their best pass rusher there. With Lujan not being real mobile and the Jacks planning on passing quite a bit , I'm having a hard time understanding why you would move an experienced LT to the right side and put someone with little experience at LT. Some posters here have a lot more knowledge of OL play than me and hopefully can help me understand this.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Looking at last year's stats , Siverling started the entire season at LT. My question is why was he moved to the right side. Teams normally put their best tackle on the left side to protect the QB's blind side and because defenses usually put their best pass rusher there. With Lujan not being real mobile and the Jacks planning on passing quite a bit , I'm having a hard time understanding why you would move an experienced LT to the right side and put someone with little experience at LT. Some posters here have a lot more knowledge of OL play than me and hopefully can help me understand this.
                    and it seems like the right side in general has more experience then the left. but I dont really pay attention to who plays what spot and if guys do get moved around some do to injuries etc. Unfortunately its hard to hide a weakness anywhere on the Oline.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This is the first game this year that I did not attend/watch on the internet or tv. However, I did listen to the game in its entirety as I worked in my garage...reminded me of my childhood when I'd help my dad on a fall Saturday listening to a Jacks football game. Anyway, great team win with all phases of the game contributing and looking solid. I believe some of this was due to the opponent, but definitely not all. I viewed this game as a badly needed rebound game going into ISU-R. We will find out if we are truly a contender this Saturday. We need to play well against a highly rated opponent...I'll be there cheering on the team one last time in Coughlin.

Comment

LT is a key position no doubt but the team must do other adjustments to help whoever plays there weekly. You cannot keep putting the LT alone and calling plays that leave him on an island. That is the issue here. You play with who you have and next man up. Carr was no guarantee to solve the LT position but had the inside track until getting hurt. Juco transfer didn't beat out other tackles and others are not ready or able to compete for the job so the LT is Harmon. Teams make adjustments on offense. Get the ball out quicker, utilize the TE, short routes with big receivers or quick ones, Swing passes, run at the Good DE and make him play both run and pass, draw plays, chip with RB and/ or TE. You see little of these things happening to help the offensive left tackle. Injuries and inexperience players are part of the game. Players must step up, coaches prepare them the best they can and fans understand that every player battles hard every play. If it was way, everyone would play football

Comment

Not that it matters, but shouldn't mengarelli's td on the first drive have gone down as a passing td? It was obviously tossed forward by lujan on the jet sweep motion.

Comment

Working...
                          X