On to Misery... I mean Missouri State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: On to Misery... I mean Missouri State

Again, it doesn't matter who our QB is, our LT play has been killing us and no passer will have a chance.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      I think the qb controversy is over. Provided they can run the ball. Worried about ISUR defense.
      We get it. You hate Christion. Can't you cheer for them both to be successful?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
        We get it. You hate Christion. Can't you cheer for them both to be successful?
        Ha! I totally do. Just look better, today anyway, with Lujan out there. In my opinion.

Comment

Mengarelli with 30 yards on 3rd and 1.

He's up to 142 yards on 15 carries.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Ha! I totally do. Just look better, today anyway, with Lujan out there. In my opinion.
            Experience is worth an awful lot at the QB position. Lujan might not be as flashy but I agree he's the best option right now. No one has mentioned that TC was hurt for most of his senior year of high school.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Mengarelli with 30 yards on 3rd and 1.

He's up to 142 yards on 15 carries.
              This is good game for him to bounce back to the lineup. Is the OL responsible for some of this yardage?
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

TC hits Landberg for a 14 yd TD.

SDSU 39, MSU 0.

8:34 left.

Comment

Radio play by play indicated TC showed some patience for the play to open up the receiver.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Dominating win against a bad opponent. Gotta show up next week. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      This is good game for him to bounce back to the lineup. Is the OL responsible for some of this yardage?
                      Collectively, they are having a good day and making some holes. Brady has to have a pretty high # of yards after contact also. Good team effort!
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        Radio play by play indicated TC showed some patience for the play to open up the receiver.
                        He did. Did a really nice job. Fumbled another snap the play before, though. But the td pass was a thing of beauty.

Honestly, I'm really excited for the TC era, when it's his time. But, like Stig said, Lujan won the job in preseason for a reason.

This is a good team. Really good. Just wish we didn't pee our pants when we see green and gold.

Comment

Final: SDSU 39, MSU 0.

SDSU (6-2, 3-2) hosts Illinois State next Saturday in the last ever game at CAS.

Comment

Thoughts: D is solid and flying to the ball. They have a swagger about them and there are truly are 20ish players that positively contribute. Just wish they were more consistent at wrapping up.

Offense: O-line is still a mess, missed assignments and guys running free to the QB. I've also noticed almost every game several bad shotgun snaps. Either snapped early or very low. QB wise this wasn't a game to evaluate these 2, but when TC was in they were prepared for the run. I'd say Weineke's return to form has more to do with his health than QB. RB's ran hard, especially 44. He's gotten back to keeping his legs moving. Sidenote, not a fan of the 2 QB system pick one and commit. I'm a fan of TC but don't despise Zach. Both are capable, just hate the jerking around and inability to build consistency.

Special teams: Hale with a nice day, his confidence is building. Carlson is more consistent now and kickoffs weren't a crapshoot. Wesley needs to stay strictly on coverage units, it's the only time he plays and I don't feel the need to rip my hair out(no, his huge return doesn't make up for the bobbled kickoffs, going out of bounds etc., not to mention his terrible pass catching).

Big week(aren't they all), need a win to close out CAS and reestablish that we are a top tier team.

GB, GB, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Two points on the offense. One already being made that if the LT, whoever is playing the position, is going to continue to get blown by like his feet are nailed to the turf it doesn't matter who's the QB because the backup is going to get in there because the starter is going to get killed. Second point...Lujan has a repertoire with Weineke that TC does not have. If Weineke is healthy, he is the best player on the field and has to get the ball. If Lujan can get a pocket to get him the ball, then maybe he's the guy. And I am a TC proponent. But if Taryn is going to play and show us his dual threat capabilities, he has to find "it" with Weineke.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                                Two points on the offense. One already being made that if the LT, whoever is playing the position, is going to continue to get blown by like his feet are nailed to the turf it doesn't matter who's the QB because the backup is going to get in there because the starter is going to get killed. .
                                This. I would not be at all surprised if BOTH TC and Lujan end up missing part of the last three games.

It was nice to see the punting/kicking go well today. Solid defense and special teams will be needed down the stretch of the offense is going to have issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X