Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: On to Misery... I mean Missouri State

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Running QB, NFL, Gives options that a pocket passer does not. Even Arron Rodgers can't argue. Feel free to watch from 1:20 on. THE QB put them in the position to win (Of course your coaches have to be on board). Discuss.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/greatest-g...nts-highlights
    I could also post a video of Peyton Manning's inability to take off and show what happens when you aren't able to move. To be a full out pocket passer in the NFL you have to be a young Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady. A lot of NFL teams now have QBs who can take off. Vikings, Seahawks, Panthers, Packers, etc are seeing that having that ability to take off and stretch the pocket is a huge factor in your offense being able to move the ball.

MSU? We win by 3 TDs, shutting it down in the 2nd half. Our hurting players get some rest and the QB question lasts into ISUr week. Both QBs will see time, both will have success.

Comment

Not much to analyze this week. The team needs to play well and yes, hopefully punch the time clock, do their work and punch out early to get some reps for reserves. Not much to be gained from this week, except to pick up an expected win, and place another week in between the disappointment of Hobo Day.
      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Anybody else going to Springfield for the game? My brother's 60th birthday is that day. I'm driving 3+ hours south to pick him up in Volga tomorrow morning, then on down to Springfield. Weather forecast looks a little better now. Predictions was for 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. Now down to 50% chance of rain. We've never been close to Springfield, we'll figure out what else to do when we get there.
        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Hopefully this game is the spring board that sends us to a 4-0 finish to the season. We have the team to do it, just need to figure out what our offensive identity is and stick with it. A prefect scenario today would be

1. Defense holding MSU to 10 or less- I think this happens
          2. Win by 21+- Also think this happens
          3. No major injuries- Who knows
          4. One QB outplays the other and makes the coaches name them the starter for the rest of the season- Don't think this happens

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
            Anybody else going to Springfield for the game? My brother's 60th birthday is that day. I'm driving 3+ hours south to pick him up in Volga tomorrow morning, then on down to Springfield. Weather forecast looks a little better now. Predictions was for 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms developing in the afternoon. Now down to 50% chance of rain. We've never been close to Springfield, we'll figure out what else to do when we get there.
            Walrus if ya got your ears on let me know how the weather is down there. Hope you guys had a good trip down! Catch ya at the Dog when you get back.

Comment

Not Walrus but I'm about 30 miles out of Springfield and it's been misty/rainy all the way. Hopefully clears up by game time

Comment

Any news on Weineke? Is he 100%, playing? Or are they thinking about resting him. I hope he gets rest if he's still not healed yet. Need him back and need the other guys to get experience and confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  Any news on Weineke? Is he 100%, playing? Or are they thinking about resting him. I hope he gets rest if he's still not healed yet. Need him back and need the other guys to get experience and confidence.
                  Tyler talked about injuries in the pregame. Made no mention of Weineke. Did mention that Paris suffered a hip pointer last week and that Mengarelli will start at RB.

I assume that Weineke will play.

Comment

Does anyone know what direct tv channel game is on?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Sorry I can't help you out there but if anybody is around we will be watching at CC's bar and grill in Volga. Great food,drink and fun.

Comment

Bottom's Up in Corson will have the game as well. Go Jacks!!!
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

We will be watching at Thirsty's in Rapid City. YSU vs WIU until the Jacks start.
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

It's on watchESPN.com.

Comment

Doesnt appear to be on directv this week. crap!

Comment

Lujan starting today. He'll take the first two series. TC will get the third series.

Jacks get the ball to start.

Butler with a great return to the SDSU 48.

Comment

Working...
                                X