Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expectations/goals

Originally posted by JackJD
    Justwin: What was your intention in starting this thread? Mild form of trolling?
    C'mon JD, maybe Justwin was trolling...maybe not. Can we not run off a relatively new poster even if he/she was rocking the boat a little. This board could certainly use a little new blood IMO.

Added by JackJD: jacks1 is right...disregard my post.
    Last edited by JackJD; 10-19-2015, 11:19 AM.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Is it unrealistic for some fans to expect the team and program to aim for NC.....probably not. is it ok if some fans really dont care and just want to see a good game and a program that graduates players and they leave better people for the time spent in the program. sure thats fine too with everything in the middle also is fine.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
        C'mon JD, maybe Justwin was trolling...maybe not. Can we not run off a relatively new poster even if he/she was rocking the boat a little. This board could certainly use a little new blood IMO.
        Yeah, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Is it unrealistic for some fans to expect the team and program to aim for NC.....probably not. is it ok if some fans really dont care and just want to see a good game and a program that graduates players and they leave better people for the time spent in the program. sure thats fine too with everything in the middle also is fine.
          Not so fast, I definitely care. I would LOVE a national championship. But I expect a few losses along the way, and I'm not going to let that ruin my fun. It isn't my job to worry/motivate/plan/execute, I get to be a fan!

There have been times I've been really down on programs. The dark ages of Men's Basketball, I was very critical. I still don't care for some of Coach Nagy's methods. However, the BB team has been getting acceptable results (by my previously stated expectations), so I am once again meeting my goal of enjoying each game and the season as a whole.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Added by JackJD: jacks1 is right...disregard my post.
            Absolutely agree,if people run off new posters,it makes the board look cliquey.Should always want to expand free thought ,not limit it.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              Not so fast, I definitely care. I would LOVE a national championship. But I expect a few losses along the way, and I'm not going to let that ruin my fun. It isn't my job to worry/motivate/plan/execute, I get to be a fan!

There have been times I've been really down on programs. The dark ages of Men's Basketball, I was very critical. I still don't care for some of Coach Nagy's methods. However, the BB team has been getting acceptable results (by my previously stated expectations), so I am once again meeting my goal of enjoying each game and the season as a whole.
              by no means did i mean you. My parents would be a good example. My parents like seeing a good game. they like they have great student athletes, they dont really let a lose bother them in anyway. They follow the team and cheer them on, but as fans really have no expectations that if they lose a few games thats all it is too them. I will say they have also been season ticket holders, until dad retired a few years ago but they still make several games a year.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My stars...........first of all I'm not sure what you think I was trolling for? I don't even like trolling for fish(probably cause I never catch any) second don't worry about running me off the board, my skin is thicker than that! I realize there are different reasons fans go to a game. Make no mistake about it I want to win and will not apologize for that! I want a program that is committed to wining also, which I believe we have! Striving for more does not come easily or without some pain. I don't subscribe to the theory that he is a nice guy or this player has been here for 3 or 4 years the coach "owes" him. The coach doesn't owe he/she anything.......doesn't the coach owe it to the rest of the players on the team to have the best on the field? Now if you don't care about wins and losses and just want to watch a game that's fine you are entitled to that. I'm a season ticket holder and also went thru the dark times in Bball as talked about by another poster and there wasn't much of a crowd. Ok.........fire away

Comment

Before season began, I hoped for a top 4 Mvfc record 7-4 total record and a play-off slot. Then Jacks man-handled Jayhawks first half,and earned first,and sort of expected, fbs win. Prognosis, 9-2, losses to ndsu and either uni/isur. Then Jacks dominated SUU & Rwu. So impressed with Jacks, made trip from Nawlins to witness Jacks throw the yoke of Bison domination off. Nope, Jacks get pancaked by Bizun yet again. Then Jacks of fiŕst 3 games shows up vs both isub & ysu, two top15-20 teams. Currently I voted Jacks top 5 team and #2 mvfc after isur (because Usd beat Bizun in fargo. Otherwise, still #5, but #3 in mvfc. I like jacks' chances to go undefeated the rest of regular season. If that happens, as either Co or outright mvfc champ, Jacks are top 4 seed. Lose one game, to mvfc co-champ, eier WIU or isur, likely to be a 5-8 seed. Lose two more, finish 8-3, then very dependent on how rest of fcs does, may get 7- 8 seed, but would still get stiffed to fargo.7-4, without loss to non play off team, still in play-offs. Guaranteed feed to Fargo 2nd round. Jacks look to have a great shot at a seed ,a good seed. Depending on jmu,jsu, ewu, & mvfc, a 10-1 sdsu could even get #1 seed. Hope that ndsu game was complete aberration. So far, it'seems the only game Jacks did not show up to play.

Comment

Seriously, that's it? We didn't need an indoor practice facility and shiny new stadium to accomplish that. All you need to do is recruit 4.0 students...
                    That's it? No, it is a major portion though for the staff running this program. This isn't ISUb or YSU.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Working...
                    X