Expectations/goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations/goals

Curious to hear our (fans) expectations or goals for our football program.

Re: Expectations/goals

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    Curious to hear our (fans) expectations or goals for our football program.
    win games,play offs....Nat'l championship????Other than that......just have fun and be happy

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      win games,play offs....Nat'l championship????Other than that......just have fun and be happy
      That is a good one! We are good at moaning and groaning about Zim not doing his job well, not enough bathrooms in the new stadium, etc.......are we to friggin scared to have an expectation?

Comment

Ok, two goals; highest GPA in FCS and highest graduation rate.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Goal: National Championship/MVFC title/Beat NDSU
          Expectation: Winning season/Beat USD/Make playoffs
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

In this order. Go 1-0 every week. Win confrence. Make playoffs. Win nc.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I want a competitive team, that isn't an embarrassment to the university on and off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                Ok, two goals; highest GPA in FCS and highest graduation rate.
                Seriously, that's it? We didn't need an indoor practice facility and shiny new stadium to accomplish that. All you need to do is recruit 4.0 students...
                Last edited by jacks1; 10-18-2015, 04:33 PM.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

One goal at a time. The first one should be the win the conference or at least make the playoffs.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Goal is to win the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      Goal is to win the National Championship
                      Thank you! I agree. We have one of the best if not the best facilities in the FCS. I would hope that with the $ and resources invested we would be committed to win a championship. Maybe not every year but it should be the goal. Plus IMO this is NOT an unrealistic goal.

Comment

I would expect that every poster on the fan board would understand what JustWin's expectations are for the program, when posing that question.

Comment

I expect it will never be good enough for Justwin.

Comment

Here is the controversy you were hoping for Justwin:

My expectation is to have a football program that I am proud of.

My goal is to enjoy each game and the season as a whole. I will admit, I did not enjoy the NDSU game. Although I did enjoy the buildup as the week went on.

Personally, I think its an exercise in frustration to set a goal when I don't have direct influence over results. National championship - how will I (personally) accomplish that goal? Beat NDSU - how will I (personally) accomplish that goal? Stand and yell on 2nd down? Clap my hands, stomp my feet, and scream like a maniac anytime the defense is on the field?

Maybe I would care more if I was a larger donor, but I'm a happy fan. I'm sure some will think that's loser talk, but if the alternative is giving myself an ulcer over sports I'll take it.

With all that being said, I hope the team's goal is to win the National Championship.
                            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

For this season, win the MVFC, make the playoffs, and compete for a National Championship. I truly think that this years team has the potential to win a NC. As did last year's, which was showcased by nearly taking down NDSU in the playoffs.

For the long-term of the program, continue to recruit good guys. Guys that are competitive on the field, in the classroom, and in all other areas of their lives. I feel like Stig does an incredible job of this, and there are several players on NDSU & UNI's roster that SDSU wouldn't even touch because of their GPA's and backgrounds while being recruited.

Comment

Working...
                              X