Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indiana State

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Think we'll see another uniform change? (Loss of redshirt?)

Indiana State has no game film on the offense they'll face. Should be interesting.
    Speculation or confirmation? Injury or performance (or a little of both)?
    USD Fan

Comment

Injury to Lujan -- ankle sprain. Lujan should be ready in one or two weeks..

Comment

Out the door for the drive to Brookings. Go Jacks!

Comment

Think we'll see another uniform change? (Loss of redshirt?)

Indiana State has no game film on the offense they'll face. Should be interesting.
          Not a chance. Douglas is going to have to get the job done.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Injury to Lujan -- ankle sprain. Lujan should be ready in one or two weeks..
            Welp, today just got a lot more interesting!
            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Welp, today just got a lot more interesting!
              "Welp" Is that a John Daker reference?

I think if he has time Douglas will do fine. The few practices I've seen he is very good at riding and carrying out the play action fake. If the running game goes hard right away ala SUU look for that to open up the pass. I also think Daltons arm is very strong, just need the receivers to catch the ball.....with their hands. Jake comes back with a vengeance I believe.

D really needs to step up, play like rabid rabbits. For the love of all that is holy WRAP up, too many guys trying to blow the ball carrier up instead of getting him secure and on the ground.

Comment

well stuck at work today till 5 so not able to make the game tonight, but getting pumped up will have to watch it on TV. Just got done watching This Is Spinal Tap so I am ready.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

FWIW, I tweeted Zim. He said his money is on Taryn starting today.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    FWIW, I tweeted Zim. He said his money is on Taryn starting today.
                    Not particularly fond of pulling Taryn's red shirt for a game or two when Dalton Douglas appears to be a competent backup. Hoping Zim is wrong on this one.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      Not particularly fond of pulling Taryn's red shirt for a game or two when Dalton Douglas appears to be a competent backup. Hoping Zim is wrong on this one.
                      I want to trust the coaching staff, but if Lujan comes back in a week or 2 and finishes the year it would sure seem like a waste of TCs 1st year just to play a game or 2. So he would be a sophmore next year with lujan again back most likely the QB to beat again as the starter. Would love to see him get playing time as backup next year as QB and most likely look as the started as a soph if he is ready.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

FWIW, I think it's dumb for 2 games. Douglas could be just fine. It's much more than a qb issue. Line play especially, run game and dropped balls. Stupid penalties and missed tackles, poor field position.

On Lujan tweeting the serenity prayer, two takes on that. 1. He realizes his ankle is Favred and he can't go. 2. He realizes Taryn is better and most likely won't get his job back. Great kid that leaves it on the field. We're very fortunate to have so many wonderful student athletes in all sports.

Comment

If he's out for a game or two,it's not dumb to pull his redshirt. It's insane.

Comment

If Taryn's redshirt is pulled I think it's safe to say he would be the starter from here on out

Comment

Strange, did anyone hear or see who took the majority of the 1st team reps at QB?

Comment

If Taryn sees the field this week I expect he will not be replaced by Lujan when he is healthy. Also Mitchell prep Quarterback Kanin Nelson will be at SDSU at semester break giving himself a Jumpstart in his college career. Best man plays regardless of circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                X