X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackAttack44
    replied
    Re: Fall Camp 2015

I thought I read that Carr's season was in doubt but Shoff is expected back from injury this year. Did I read that wrong?

Leave a comment:

• KUlawJack
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    Per Matt Zimmer article on the o-line, Nick Carr and Mike Shoff are out for the season. This makes me wonder if we will ever see Shoff on the field again.
    Good Lord. That is awful news. Depth takes a serious hit there.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked4Days
    replied

Per Matt Zimmer article on the o-line, Nick Carr and Mike Shoff are out for the season. This makes me wonder if we will ever see Shoff on the field again.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Rabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    Did anyone watch the live feeds that Zimmer had of practice today? I was curious on your takeaways and analysis of the quarterbacks.
    They were throwing a bunch of fade-stops and pivot routes - nothing too exciting.. Regardless, it's a pretty cool tool. It'd be a little more fun if he was allowed to film a few team periods.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked4Days
    replied

Did anyone watch the live feeds that Zimmer had of practice today? I was curious on your takeaways and analysis of the quarterbacks.

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
    I was curious as if the University thought about hiring someone themselves, similar to Meriam being their broadcaster.

That's the Sports Information Director.

Leave a comment:

• joeboo22
    replied

I was curious as if the University thought about hiring someone themselves, similar to Meriam being their broadcaster.

Something where he'd work for SDSU, he would offer his services to the Argus (and any other paper, for a fee), maybe try to get hooked up with an online publisher like Rivals, have a blog, be based out of Brookings, travel with the team, etc.

I don't know if that is realistic or not, but Terry quit in what February? and Zimmer doesn't even know what he will be assigned for this year and its August already. I understand the state of newspaper is not great, and I'm sure not having another salary to dish out saves money

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YAL...ature=youtu.be

Leave a comment:

• rabbits64
    replied

Does the Argus care? I have sent them an e-mail, with no response to the lack of coverage. Once again, this is not a Zim problem and I let them know I don't have a problem with him, he is covering multiple teams.
    Here is a question, will anyone even travel with the team like TV did? I would bet no.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    I dont think anyone is really blaming Zimmer but more so the Argus. They havent hired as anyone knows as of yet a new reporter to cover SDSU or Zims old beats. Maybe some dont really like Zimmers style, but Terry had his weekly chat, and tuesday tidbits to help fill in the articles. I havent really followed Zimmers on line chat assuming he is still doing those since they had more Augie and USF stuff then i cared to read about for the time being.

On a side note, has anyone stopped my practice to check stuff out on their own? I know some years fans would stop in for a few practices to report back.

Much agree.

This is not a Zimmer problem. This is an Argus-Leader problem.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

I dont think anyone is really blaming Zimmer but more so the Argus. They havent hired as anyone knows as of yet a new reporter to cover SDSU or Zims old beats. Maybe some dont really like Zimmers style, but Terry had his weekly chat, and tuesday tidbits to help fill in the articles. I havent really followed Zimmers on line chat assuming he is still doing those since they had more Augie and USF stuff then i cared to read about for the time being.

On a side note, has anyone stopped my practice to check stuff out on their own? I know some years fans would stop in for a few practices to report back.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Filling the hole in the sports reporting staff obviously and unfortunately has not been a priority for the Argus Leader. How's the football coverage in the Brookings Register? Maybe that's an option for fans.
    The Register is operating on a very limiting bases. They can not afford a beat writer with talent and experience. A bunch of SDSU students have cut their teeth at the Register and moved on to bigger and better stuff.

Leave a comment:

• tck9199
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    But the Argus had position breakdowns that were about as in-depth as a 4th grade book report. That's not good enough?
    Not only was it not in depth (one paragraph per team basically) it was also incomplete and inaccurate. O-line showed Ramsey listed in depth and he is a D-lineman and D-line neglected to mention Christian Bansiak (sp?) as being on the roster..

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
    Lets compare the coverage from the Argus to the Fargo Forum on their coverage of the Bison, it is not even close.

http://www.inforum.com/taxonomy/term/166543

Yes I know the Forum is dedicated to the Bison & they don't split coverage like the Argus, but the Jacks are far and away the most successful team on the highest level with the most alumni, we get approx the same coverage as USF and Augie. There is demand for coverage, I would hope someone figures this out. I am surprised someone hasn't gone independent for coverage yet.
    But the Argus had position breakdowns that were about as in-depth as a 4th grade book report. That's not good enough?

Leave a comment:

• rabbits64
    replied

Lets compare the coverage from the Argus to the Fargo Forum on their coverage of the Bison, it is not even close.

http://www.inforum.com/taxonomy/term/166543

Yes I know the Forum is dedicated to the Bison & they don't split coverage like the Argus, but the Jacks are far and away the most successful team on the highest level with the most alumni, we get approx the same coverage as USF and Augie. There is demand for coverage, I would hope someone figures this out. I am surprised someone hasn't gone independent for coverage yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X