• Show
Clear All

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Re: Fall Camp 2015

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    He is now at 100%.
    http://youtu.be/9TwpVhbIUyU
    Along with that the TE's as a whole are a strength. Should prove vital to a ball control offense and the QB. With D being a strength I'd think 17-20 points should win most games.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Is Cam Jones close to 100%, or is last season about as good as it's going to get for him. I realize he isn't a WR but if he could get back to what he was early in his career it would take some pressure off the WRs.
    He is now at 100%.
    http://youtu.be/9TwpVhbIUyU

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Is Cam Jones close to 100%, or is last season about as good as it's going to get for him. I realize he isn't a WR but if he could get back to what he was early in his career it would take some pressure off the WRs.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

I'd say Lewis and Wilde will redshirt. Not that the group was horrible but there was what looked like boredom. Now could that be the product of midday 95 degree heat and humidity? Sure, but other groups looked far more sharp. I believe it'll be weineke and Wesley starting with Andrews, Raymond, jones and landberg in the mix. Could also see hunt slip in to the rotation.

Leave a comment:

• ringthebells
    replied

Speaking of WR, has anybody heard anything about how Alex Wilde is doing? He's got all the tools, just haven't heard his named mentioned anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked4Days
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Watched some practice today. My untrained observations: Taryn throws a great ball, lujan looks like he's improved that skill too. Wallace has filled out and looks great with the ball. The wr's were a little underwhelming. Lb's are fast, dt's are huge and will eat up the middle. Need a pass rush.
    Thanks, I'm a little disappointed about the wide receivers. Does this give Marquise Lewis a shot at playing?

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Watched some practice today. My untrained observations: Taryn throws a great ball, lujan looks like he's improved that skill too. Wallace has filled out and looks great with the ball. The wr's were a little underwhelming. Lb's are fast, dt's are huge and will eat up the middle. Need a pass rush.

Leave a comment:

• JackDad
    replied

Bryan Witzmann (class of 2014) is listed at the 3rd LT in the depth chart of the Houston Texans.

Leave a comment:

• RochJack69
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    A little more info on position battles: http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...hape/31679433/

I thought the tidbit towards the end about our defensive coordinator wanting to try a 3-4 defense due to LB depth and Stig not wanting to was interesting.
    Not a good sign or maybe it is. Solidarity is overrated. Seems, on average, that the LB's are undersized so that would be a disadvantage against a good blocking team. They already have a tough time holding their ends. Several years ago, their safeties were bigger than some of their present LB's. Great LB's usually get picked by the FBS teams, so you have to hope for development. When all other things are equal, size does matter. Are there any NFL players (besides ZZ) from the Jacks since their entry into FCS?

Leave a comment:

• YellgoBlue
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    I would think with the depth at LB and DT that a 3-4 would be an excellent scheme t throw in at times. Also find it interesting no mention of Chase Kern in the mix at DE. I felt he performed well last year at that spot as a true fr. The other surprise is no mention of Pupangatoa(sp), I would hope he and Ramsey can figure into the rotation too.

Very surprised at at the lack of perceived fire with the wr's. You have to figure they'd all be chomping at the bit to prove themselves. OL will balance I think, I can only think that Flynn is busting their chops now. Of course this could all be coach speak to get the most out of the groups.
    Fall camp can be a grind, our main objective has to be to stay healthy for another 3 wks. of practice before KU. Players will find there positions and battle for spots, we need health and depth and we will go along ways.

By the way are they scrimmaging on Saturday?

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    A little more info on position battles: http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...hape/31679433/

I thought the tidbit towards the end about our defensive coordinator wanting to try a 3-4 defense due to LB depth and Stig not wanting to was interesting.
    I would think with the depth at LB and DT that a 3-4 would be an excellent scheme t throw in at times. Also find it interesting no mention of Chase Kern in the mix at DE. I felt he performed well last year at that spot as a true fr. The other surprise is no mention of Pupangatoa(sp), I would hope he and Ramsey can figure into the rotation too.

Very surprised at at the lack of perceived fire with the wr's. You have to figure they'd all be chomping at the bit to prove themselves. OL will balance I think, I can only think that Flynn is busting their chops now. Of course this could all be coach speak to get the most out of the groups.

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Per Zimmer:

SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier says he's been underwhelmed by competition at WR and OL so far. Read more camp updates tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

From the one pic so far but I like where it is going. Keep the pants and tops similar. Last year with retro top and modern style pants was not a good combo. This is promising. Take off the should and pant stripes and you have got your self a winner.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

I'm a big fan of the away jerseys, so those look good to me. I like the simplified shoulder stripes and cool font on the chest.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Ish that's all I want to say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X