X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hareofthedog
    replied
    Re: Fall Camp 2015

Knee surgery for Carr and he is not ready. Shoff is knee(s) and probably is done with football

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
    Per Matt Zimmer article on the o-line, Nick Carr and Mike Shoff are out for the season. This makes me wonder if we will ever see Shoff on the field again.
    I honestly thought this was known since the spring game. Stig basically said this much during his on air broadcast with Tyler during the game.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Any word on what sort of injury is keeping Carr and Shoff out all year?

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Per Matt Zimmer article on the o-line, Nick Carr and Mike Shoff are out for the season. This makes me wonder if we will ever see Shoff on the field again.
    Damn, damn, damn....

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    Not that my opinion matters, but the only way Taryn should start is if he is too damn good not to be on the field right away. Otherwise redshirt him. The MVFC is no place for a true freshman QB to get his feet wet. If Lujan isn't the answer a few games in, go with Finnes or Douglas or (Little?). No reason pulling a redshirt and wasting a year of eligibility part way thru the season.
    I agree, its not worth wasting a year of his to just use him, if its a tie, or close, give it to Lujan who wasnt really that bad. he made good reads usually. just not the prettiest pass, but in general gave the reciever a good chance to catch the ball. If he clearly earns it, thats great, but if he doesnt do as well, its going to be tough watching him struggle his freshman year when he doesnt have too. Remember he barely played as a senior due to injury, so going from a afew games his freshman year to playing in the MVFC is a big jump. There is something to be said for having that experience Lujan has.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

Not that my opinion matters, but the only way Taryn should start is if he is too damn good not to be on the field right away. Otherwise redshirt him. The MVFC is no place for a true freshman QB to get his feet wet. If Lujan isn't the answer a few games in, go with Finnes or Douglas or (Little?). No reason pulling a redshirt and wasting a year of eligibility part way thru the season.

Leave a comment:

• westernjack
    replied

Christion's throws definitely had more zip and better accuracy. Will be able to tell a lot more in a scrimmage situation when there are lineman and defenders involved. Christion supposedly spent all summer in Brookings working with receivers and getting to know his teammates, who's to say he doesn't already have a good enough grasp of what to do to earn the starting spot. I feel if they are close in knowledge of the playbook that Christion will win the job over Lujan.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyJack
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Here's a link to the video replay:
    https://www.periscope.tv/w/aJnp9zUyN...OTQ7Wmop22_w==

I know it's a small sample size, but if you look at it throw by throw, Christion is definitely throwing the better balls. With the exception of the last throw, his throws were very accurate and had some zip on them. Lujan only had one throw that looked good. I'm not saying we should name him the starter, just offering my analysis of the fact that it seems like Christion is a better passer than Lujan. Whether that shows up game time or not is yet to be seen. Anyone disagree with me?
    I know pretty much nothing about what that drill should look like. What I do know is that right now, Lujan knows a lot more about the offense and WHERE/WHEN to throw it than Christion does. Who knows what will happen? I suspect that Lujan, with significant game experience, has the inside track.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Did anyone watch the live feeds that Zimmer had of practice today? I was curious on your takeaways and analysis of the quarterbacks.
    Here's a link to the video replay:
    https://www.periscope.tv/w/aJnp9zUyN...OTQ7Wmop22_w==

I know it's a small sample size, but if you look at it throw by throw, Christion is definitely throwing the better balls. With the exception of the last throw, his throws were very accurate and had some zip on them. Lujan only had one throw that looked good. I'm not saying we should name him the starter, just offering my analysis of the fact that it seems like Christion is a better passer than Lujan. Whether that shows up game time or not is yet to be seen. Anyone disagree with me?

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Yikes. That is disappointing. Shoff was so highly regarded and hasn't been able to stay healthy enough to see the field.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked4Days
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    is this the article you are referring to? http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...line/30752957/

Or is there something new that I'm not seeing? The article above states that Carr's season is in doubt but Shoff is expected back from injury last year.
    http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...load/31444933/

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

is this the article you are referring to? http://www.argusleader.com/story/blo...line/30752957/

Or is there something new that I'm not seeing? The article above states that Carr's season is in doubt but Shoff is expected back from injury last year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X