Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fall Camp 2015

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Zim had an article with TC in the Argus, looks like ones also for USF and Augie. Hopefully they are paying Zim for all the work he is having to cover. not really fair for him or the 3 fan bases. This time of year there can be a lot of great coverage that I fear all the schools are going to miss out on since 1 guy is covering 3 beats.

It was a good Q and A with TC. Sounds like he is just taking it with the approach to get better every day and learn as much as he can. not really worried about trying to win the starting job. Probably good to not pressure himself anymore. Sort of at the its just a lot to take in stage, which is to be expected.
    On top of that he is covering amateur baseball. What a nightmare!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
      Maybe the Argus will clone him so he can be in Lawrence,KS , Bemidji,Mn and Sioux Falls on Sept. 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Maybe the Argus will clone him so he can be in Lawrence,KS , Bemidji,Mn and Sioux Falls on Sept. 5th.
        Haha!! If we don't win on the field, what publicty we receive will not really matter a whole bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
          And the Twins - for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Haha!! If we don't win on the field, what publicty we receive will not really matter a whole bunch.
            I don't really follow this. Like a lot of other fans, I want to read details about the Jacks, win or lose.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Last week he had a story in the voices section. If I remember correctly it had nothing to do with sports. I for one will not be renewing my subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                And the Twins - for some reason.
                And reviewing Bob Seger concerts - for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  I don't really follow this. Like a lot of other fans, I want to read details about the Jacks, win or lose.
                  I was thinking that Argus is in the news business, and a 5-6 team is not as much news as a 11-0 team. That's the reality we have to face with newspapers such the Argus being in a tailspin and having many choices for their news print.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    I was thinking that Argus is in the news business, and a 5-6 team is not as much news as a 11-0 team. That's the reality we have to face with newspapers such the Argus being in a tailspin and having many choices for their news print.
                    Huh? I get that they're not going to give the coverage to an average team but the last 3 years have been arguably the most successful years in the program. Jacks athletics as a whole has had had some of the best years ever regardless of division. So ignoring them before it even starts is hard to understand. What's not difficult to comprehend is why TV left the argus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                      Huh? I get that they're not going to give the coverage to an average team but the last 3 years have been arguably the most successful years in the program. Jacks athletics as a whole has had had some of the best years ever regardless of division. So ignoring them before it even starts is hard to understand. What's not difficult to comprehend is why TV left the argus.
                      Suppose TV doesnt want a part time job covering just games or like a pre game article and post game. allow Zimmer to do the rest of the stuff and dirty work if you will. He is probably loving his new job though.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        Slade and Brown have worked from what I saw with both, perhaps a hybrid type position. Wilde is 6'3", there is another BV kid, a junior this year I think. He's 6'5" or better. Good wr from what I remember at the Brookings game last year.

another note, Butler cut off his hair. Landberg did not.
                        I think the BV kid you are thinking of is Spencer Grage. He is at least 6'5, possibly a couple of inches taller. I don't think he has played very much football before last year. He's one to watch for sure.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Midco does a good job of filling in for some of what's missing from the Argus with their syndicated programing stuff. Still ,wish for more from the Argus too, through.

I've mostly enjoyed tidbits and the live chats / game chats from the Argus, which will probably continue with the 'new' beat writer. I'm kinda in the wait til Zim, if he's selected as "the one", to find, establish ,or set up, his contacts for in depth SDSU Athletics coverage, before I feel comfortable (free to) criticise or praise his efforts. That said, this season will probably weigh in heavily in my assessment of the next SDSU beat writer. Not intended to over emphasize the significance of one persons opinion in the whole scheme of things, naturally.The new guy,or woman,not to be sexist,should get a fair chance to impress or disappoint the masses.

Comment

I have not heard a word on how the special teams are doing , especially the kickers and punters

Comment

Originally posted by raiders64 View Post
                              I have not heard a word on how the special teams are doing , especially the kickers and punters
                              I believe Zimmer reported that true freshman Brady Hale will be our punter and senior Jay Carlson will be our place kicker, with Chase Vinatieri being redshirted but will be ready if need.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Any chance we can keep the Argus stuff in this read in the lounge (http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...s-Leader/page3) so we can keep this thread to specific stuff about fall camp and the football team?
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X