Fall Camp 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fall Camp 2015

QB is so much more than physical attributes. The mental aspect and football IQ go along ways in determining who starts. Mistakes cannot be correct when calling wrong audibles, plays and making the right reads of the defense. The off season makes a huge difference. Did they watch film, study playbook, get stronger and learn the system. Normally, this holds most Freshmen out of the starting lineup. Taryn and Dalton look good but do they have the other part of being the QB?

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      QB is so much more than physical attributes. The mental aspect and football IQ go along ways in determining who starts. Mistakes cannot be correct when calling wrong audibles, plays and making the right reads of the defense. The off season makes a huge difference. Did they watch film, study playbook, get stronger and learn the system. Normally, this holds most Freshmen out of the starting lineup. Taryn and Dalton look good but do they have the other part of being the QB?
      Agreed.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        Agreed.
        HA!

4 char
        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          Agreed.
          He does have a point

Comment

Zimmer put together a nice MVFC preview with his own personal picks/projections.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...book/32099875/

Comment

Zimmer just tweeted Christion is taking all of the second team reps at practice today and Bryce Siverling has moved to RT

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...48224029462528

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                Zimmer just tweeted Christion is taking all of the second team reps at practice today and Bryce Siverling has moved to RT

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...48224029462528
                who is playing LT then?

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  who is playing LT then?
                  No clue

Comment

who is playing LT then?
                    Someone responded to Zim with that question, his response: "Charlie Harmon is getting most of the 1st team reps right now. Don't believe that's set in stone, though."

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Someone responded to Zim with that question, his response: "Charlie Harmon is getting most of the 1st team reps right now. Don't believe that's set in stone, though."
                      talked with a player this morning and they are trying to shore up that 5th position on the line, Harmon getting most of reps but not set in stone yet. Carr getting hurt, didn't help line at all.

They find that LT and the line will be solid, stay healthy and they'll run the ball. Ohny at center is gonna be one solid stud, Seiter, Bloom, and Sieverling look really good also.

Comment

May have been posted so sorry if repeating. According to Jeremy Hoeck Yankton Press and Dakotan Yankton natives Brady Hale (Punter) and Kellen Soulek (DT) are both expected to start. Matt Fitzgerald and Evan Greenway will both redshirt.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thanks to those bringing this back on topic. Nice to hear what's actually happening in Fall Camp and get those updates rather than reading all of the complaining about the lack of updates.

Personally, hoping to see someone step up at Tight End and be a difference maker. Yes, I'm biased to the position, but it seems like there was quite a backslide last year and even the year before. Hoping things turn around and we see the TE be used in the passing game.
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by YellgoBlue View Post
                            talked with a player this morning and they are trying to shore up that 5th position on the line, Harmon getting most of reps but not set in stone yet. Carr getting hurt, didn't help line at all.

They find that LT and the line will be solid, stay healthy and they'll run the ball. Ohny at center is gonna be one solid stud, Seiter, Bloom, and Sieverling look really good also.
                            I wish we had Carr and Shoff. We'd be so solid up front with no worries. I worry about our offensive line only because they all seem smaller than what we have had at certain positions in the past. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems all are 6'4" or less and 290 or less. Not the road graders I think about in our past. Again, I may be completely wrong.

Comment

I wish we had Carr and Shoff. We'd be so solid up front with no worries. I worry about our offensive line only because they all seem smaller than what we have had at certain positions in the past. Perhaps I'm wrong but it seems all are 6'4" or less and 290 or less. Not the road graders I think about in our past. Again, I may be completely wrong.
                              Our O-line seems to have been getting slightly smaller since Flynn became O-line coach, but I also feel the line has gotten better as a whole, at least in the pass protection. If I recall the year before Flynn arrived, we were giving up a lot of sacks against MVFC teams, so maybe mobility is being prioritized more-so now than in the past.

If we can get the LT position figured out and stay healthy, I think our offensive line will be quite good this year.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Anyone know whos been getting most of the FS 1st team reps? I'm assuming Mears will be the SS starter, with Butler and Forsythe the corners

Comment

Working...
                                X