X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    ...Winning is the only thing that will increase attendance to the level you are all craving for. Period. If the product on the field isn't up to snuff in 2-3 years, the shine of the new stadium and SJAC is going to wear off pretty damn quick.
    I think TK sums it up pretty accurately. The benefit of the facilities upgrade will only last so long [TK's estimate of 2-3 years may be right] and in the end, the product on the field is the critical component. I just happen to be very optimistic that the program will do what TK identifies as being necessary. My optimism is based on what the program has accomplished in a relatively short time, the direction and path of the program, and the bang we should get out of the new facilities. I think we can test the stadium's capacity in the near term but the foundation for that is whether we seize today's (2-3 years) opportunity.

Comment

Spot on. Unless SDSU continues to make deep playoff runs and finally beat the Bison (maybe regularly?) we shouldn't even think of seeing the kind of attendance numbers that they see in Fargo.

The chase to pull additional alumni from Sioux Falls is futile. SDSU needs to focus on a larger base of potential paying customers that enjoy sports in general..........but you aren't going to reach that audience until you can put a product on the field that wins consistently, and finally beats NDSU.

Winning is the only thing that will increase attendance to the level you are all craving for. Period. If the product on the field isn't up to snuff in 2-3 years, the shine of the new stadium and SJAC is going to wear off pretty damn quick.
      Good post. We have to win and win more than we have. We will need to be better than 8-3 or 7-4 to continue to grow the program. Fans want to see a winner.

The only thing I want to point out is the continuing to make deep playoff runs comment. We haven't made it out of the second round of the playoffs yet.

Comment

So with 90 tickets left, according to the seat map, would they start selling GA/Standing room only tickets? I'm guessing there would still be some area to sit/stand north and south of the west side stands like before, or would they just call it a sell out and stop selling tickets?
        Go State! Go State!

Comment

Spot on. Unless SDSU continues to make deep playoff runs and finally beat the Bison (maybe regularly?) we shouldn't even think of seeing the kind of attendance numbers that they see in Fargo.

The chase to pull additional alumni from Sioux Falls is futile. SDSU needs to focus on a larger base of potential paying customers that enjoy sports in general..........but you aren't going to reach that audience until you can put a product on the field that wins consistently, and finally beats NDSU.

Winning is the only thing that will increase attendance to the level you are all craving for. Period. If the product on the field isn't up to snuff in 2-3 years, the shine of the new stadium and SJAC is going to wear off pretty damn quick.
          Hard to argue about the quality of product. Rep pts given.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
            So with 90 tickets left, according to the seat map, would they start selling GA/Standing room only tickets? I'm guessing there would still be some area to sit/stand north and south of the west side stands like before, or would they just call it a sell out and stop selling tickets?
            When I was looking into how the Junior Jacks football tickets would work, I was told that there would be no Standing Room Only tickets sold going forward, including this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              When I was looking into how the Junior Jacks football tickets would work, I was told that there would be no Standing Room Only tickets sold going forward, including this year.
              Makes sense. I'm not sure where people would stand anyway.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Seats available for the NDSU game -- this is as of about 9:45 am 8/11/115:

WEST SIDE: Section A (south endzone) has 26 seats available...several groups of four in a row.

EAST SIDE: It appears available seats are just a few scattered here and there
                124 (north endzone-curved) 4 seats
                123: 3
                117 (south end, starting around the 10 and going into the endzone): 1
                116 (south endzone): 3
                115 (south endzone on the curve connecting to the south student section etc.): 7

Total available: 44.

There's a stuck "tickets exchange" thread for those looking and those selling.
                Last edited by JackJD; 08-13-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Seating UPDATE AS OF 8/13/15 11:00 A.M. checking GoJacks.com:

WEST SIDE: Section A (south endzone) has 13 seats available.

EAST SIDE:
                  124 (north endzone-curved) 4
                  123: 1
                  117 (south end, starting around the 10 and going into the endzone): 1
                  116 (south endzone): 1
                  115 (south endzone on the curve connecting to the south student section etc.): 6

Total available: 26

Comment

got our tickets, in 116 near the top. row 20something.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Per the Twitter Universe the Jack Students are pulling out all stops to get Gameday to Brookings. It was nice of the letter to use NDSU as the reason to come and it would be a great event.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
                        Per the Twitter Universe the Jack Students are pulling out all stops to get Gameday to Brookings. It was nice of the letter to use NDSU as the reason to come and it would be a great event.
                        https://twitter.com/stlindgren/statu...15858170261504
                        https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/s...02653330522113
                        So you're saying there's a chance...
                        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I would rather they do this game in Brookings over the Bison vs Sundogs gongshow in Fargo

Comment

It would be sweet but it's never going to happen. GameDay will be in Clemson, SC for Notre Dame-Clemson (Notre Dame isn't losing to Texas, no matter what that guys says) or Athens, GA for Alabama-Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              It would be sweet but it's never going to happen. GameDay will be in Clemson, SC for Notre Dame-Clemson (Notre Dame isn't losing to Texas, no matter what that guys says) or Athens, GA for Alabama-Georgia.
                              You never know... I think both teams would have to be undefeated, and things would have to fall right in fbs, but it could definitely happen. I love the letter and it's really cool of Davis to provide a response. Even though the letter is incorrect in saying that construction will be complete and the stadium will have a 20,000 capacity by the start of the season. Regardless, here's to hoping it happens!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                                You never know... I think both teams would have to be undefeated, and things would have to fall right in fbs, but it could definitely happen. I love the letter and it's really cool of Davis to provide a response. Even though the letter is incorrect in saying that construction will be complete and the stadium will have a 20,000 capacity by the start of the season. Regardless, here's to hoping it happens!
                                Well, you guys are just like Montana! hehehehe...

Comment

Working...
                                X