X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Don't like it, but feel some people make way too much over it.
    This, pretty much. My ire is raised mainly by ridiculous defenses of a ridiculous custom, perhaps moreso than the custom itself. Mea culpa for rising to the baiting.

I would humbly suggest that we focus this thread on the game itself and not so much on behavior of one or the other fan base.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      I'd LOVE to see Justin Sell in a pre-taped message on the big screen asking Bison fans to refrain from doing so as we in Brookings choose to honor our vets...
      The concept advanced by TK is worth considering. I would suggest the message be not directed at the Bison in name but that it make the point that our tradition in CAS, one that will be carried over to the Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium next year, is to to honor America with the singing of the National Anthem as intended. The message should state that the attempt to bend the National Anthem into a particular school's fight song is tolerated but discouraged. I would add to the message that this is our tradition we ask our guests to honor in our house.

And then, if they yell, Bison, just ignore them. (My mind always pictures Beavis and Butthead wearing Bison gear, snickering -- (I freely admit thinking Beavis and Butthead were pretty funny at times --- but the Bison fans who yell, while having down pat the Beavis and Butthead juvenile snickering, miss the sometimes clever Beavis and Butthead humor)). From that point, I'd forget it: Don't let those guys rent space in your head.

We should save the tape. It won't be needed again until the Bison or the UND fans with the same mentality, next show in our stadium.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jackedforlife;277472] talk about the hot chick 4 rows down and 3 seats over. [QUOTE]

Hey talk about my wife all you want......when she's got it, she's got it!
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
          Anthem thing:
          Leave it in the FargoDome. When you yell "Home of the Bison" at CAS or anywhere else other than your place, it makes people wonder if said Bison fans are really that drunk or they don't know where they're at?? IMO it speaks to the true Persona of a typical Bison fan....fat, bald, 45 and priorities that are so out of wack it's laughable.
          Not to mention, I've always been confused why a Bison fan would want to keep with a "tradition" they ripped off from the "Fightin Sioux".

Let's take this thread to smack where it belongs.

Go Jacks!! **** the Bison.
          Is that true, did they actually stoop to the level of UND!? What an embarrassing North Dakota tradition. Yes my nose is in the air as I type this.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            This, pretty much. My ire is raised mainly by ridiculous defenses of a ridiculous custom, perhaps moreso than the custom itself. Mea culpa for rising to the baiting.

I would humbly suggest that we focus this thread on the game itself and not so much on behavior of one or the other fan base.
            Much wisdom here. Face it: it's going to happen so just let it go. Smile, shake your head -- have to keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of Bison fans are great people. Have to ignore the self-proving idiots.*

Let's talk about the game!

*My nature is to defend the right of idiots to make public fools of themselves. Sometimes that philosophical bent perplexes even me (not really).

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              Don't get me started. Probably the most disrespectful tradition in college football, but those meatheads from Fargo will never admit it.

I'd LOVE to see Justin Sell in a pre-taped message on the big screen asking Bison fans to refrain from doing so as we in Brookings choose to honor our vets. If something like that happened I would be writing a huge donation check on Sunday and would personally deliver it to Justin.
              Better yet, have a vet make the request.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Don't care about the anthem thing.

TransAm marking it up to "PC complaining" is hilarious though. People have the right to disagree with what you say just as much as you have the right to say it. Freedom of speech =/= freedom from criticism. People who complain about political correctness are often just as big of whiners.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Much wisdom here. Face it: it's going to happen so just let it go. Smile, shake your head -- have to keep in mind that the overwhelming majority of Bison fans are great people. Have to ignore the self-proving idiots.*

Let's talk about the game!

*My nature is to defend the right of idiots to make public fools of themselves. Sometimes that philosophical bent perplexes even me (not really).
                  Hmm.........link?

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                    Hmm.........link?
                    LOL...okay, I admit I was making an assumption and I cannot provide actual evidence.

Comment

So glad we're talking about the goofy crap bison fans do instead of what should be one of the best games of the season in the entirety of the FCS.......
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Let's drop the National Anthem subject from this thread and return this thread to stated topic: Saturday's Dakota Marker game.

History of the marker: NDSU 7, SDSU 4.

2004: SDSU 24, NDSU 21
                        2005: NDSU 41, SDSU 17
                        2006: NDSU 41, SDSU 28
                        2007: SDSU 29, NDSU 24
                        2008: SDSU 25, NDSU 24
                        2009: SDSU 28, NDSU 13
                        2010: NDSU 31, SDSU 24
                        2011: NDSU 38, SDSU 14
                        2012: NDSU 20, SDSU 17
                        2013: NDSU 20, SDSU 0
                        2014: NDSU 37, SDSU 17

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          So glad we're talking about the goofy crap bison fans do instead of what should be one of the best games of the season in the entirety of the FCS.......
                          That's the power of the bison. They can ruin the week leading up to the game just by being themselves.

As far as the anthem goes I say its disrespectful. If that's me being pc I guess I am just pc.

I like the idea of the vet making an anouncement. But also suggest getting the canon ready to fire that would take a little starch out of their shorts and muffle the disrespect.

They say its tradition but sdsu tradition is stick to the actual national anthem. Guess its to much to expect some to respect that. As ron burgandy said, when in rome.....
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

[QUOTE=Theee Catrabbit;277479][QUOTE=Jackedforlife;277472] talk about the hot chick 4 rows down and 3 seats over.

Hey talk about my wife all you want......when she's got it, she's got it!
                            Have her wear wear the low cut Jacks tank with those short shorts this week. It's really her best look. 😉

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              Better yet, have a vet make the request.
                              As a vet of Iraq and Afghanistan and still currently serving, I have no problem with it at all.

No, I am not on the Bison payroll.

Comment

There are a lot of questions to be determined in this game. Basically how good are we and how good are the bison. They lost to a very average, maybe below average, Gizzlie team and beat up on the two worst teams in the Big Fluffy. We beat a not so great FBS Kansas team, but still FBS, a usually average fluffy team and RMU who probably won't end with too many wins. The bison haven't seen an O-line or defense as good as ours and it's obvious that Weineke is the best WR in FCS. I think their WR's are pretty underwhelming, their defense was bad against MT and play 4 RB's. Get to Wentz early and often and I think it could be a long day for their offense. They seem to start slow so we need get some points up early on them and make them doubt themselves. Big game if we can get to 4-0 and they start 2-2 with 0 signature wins. Saturday can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X