This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dakota Marker

Anyone else already cringing at the fact that the Bison faithful will ruin the national anthem by yelling BISON instead of BRAVE? Then the impending boos will just compound the disgrace toward the national anthem. I know they like to claim that their antics aren't disrespectful, but there's no way around it, it is complete and utter disrespect.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Anyone else already cringing at the fact that the Bison faithful will ruin the national anthem by yelling BISON instead of BRAVE? Then the impending boos will just compound the disgrace toward the national anthem. I know they like to claim that their antics aren't disrespectful, but there's no way around it, it is complete and utter disrespect.
      Make it a infraction worth removal from the stadium, kick half of them out!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        Make it a infraction worth removal from the stadium, kick half of them out!
        Only in your dreams, bison this and bison that.

Comment

I think it would be cool if the SF air guard would send some F16 over right at the end to drown them out or have the ROTC fire the cannon right at that part. Would that be disrespectful? Actually, I think we just let them do their little disrespectful antics, ignore them as fools and just win the football game. Let them sulk back to Fargo and complain how much the refs helped us win because they won't be able to cover Weineke and will have to hold him to keep him from crushing them.

Comment

Don't get me started. Probably the most disrespectful tradition in college football, but those meatheads from Fargo will never admit it.

I'd LOVE to see Justin Sell in a pre-taped message on the big screen asking Bison fans to refrain from doing so as we in Brookings choose to honor our vets. If something like that happened I would be writing a huge donation check on Sunday and would personally deliver it to Justin.

Comment

It's Dakota Marker week! Couldn't come soon enough! Gonna be a good week...you guys are undefeated...we've definitely got lots to prove. Gotta love it.

Sorry if I rubbed some the wrong way about shots at you not getting Gameday. Nothing mean spirited. Upon reflection, I do appreciate the school spirit in pushing for it...shows you guys might be getting closer to the tradition/spirit than what I had previously thought. Tip of the cap for that.

Oh yeah, I will be yelling BISON at the "appropriate" time...boo if you wish...it is a free country after all. Just remember that some vets yell it as well. My father in law didn't become a Bison fan until I got married to his daughter (he lives closer to the Brookings area than Fargo)...and he yells Bison at the end of the National Anthem...and he is a Vietnam veteran who saw way more action than he cares to remember. I brought up the fact that some people take offense to the practice and he said that is the problem with America now...too much PC complaining, etc.

With all that said...can't wait to tailgate with the Jacks...but not before we have a good week of fun before hand. May the best team win...whichever team that may be.

Comment

I think NDSU wins by a score

Comment

My seats are near the allotted visitor section during playoff games which is different than normal seating for regular season, and I wish now I would have counted the sdsu fans during the National Anthem last year on their phones, looking around, 2 guys had their hats on

I've been to sporting events all over, people have many traditions all you could say are disrespectful....just one more thing for you to pick on.

For the record I don't yell it, I also don't care if anyone does as a person I have season tickets with was a Veteran who served 2 tours in the 60's and still volunteers at the VA in Fargo...he yells bison...I'd happily let anyone on here tell him he is being disrespectful...I sure wont
                  BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

I'm enjoying (for certain values of 'enjoy') the attempts at appeal to authority in defense of altering the lyrics of the National Anthem to make it just a fight song for a particular athletic team.

Please, continue.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Don't like it, but feel some people make way too much over it.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Don't like it, but feel some people make way too much over it.
                        I honestly do not care.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          It's Dakota Marker week! Couldn't come soon enough! Gonna be a good week...you guys are undefeated...we've definitely got lots to prove. Gotta love it.

Sorry if I rubbed some the wrong way about shots at you not getting Gameday. Nothing mean spirited. Upon reflection, I do appreciate the school spirit in pushing for it...shows you guys might be getting closer to the tradition/spirit than what I had previously thought. Tip of the cap for that.

Oh yeah, I will be yelling BISON at the "appropriate" time...boo if you wish...it is a free country after all. Just remember that some vets yell it as well. My father in law didn't become a Bison fan until I got married to his daughter (he lives closer to the Brookings area than Fargo)...and he yells Bison at the end of the National Anthem...and he is a Vietnam veteran who saw way more action than he cares to remember. I brought up the fact that some people take offense to the practice and he said that is the problem with America now...too much PC complaining, etc.

With all that said...can't wait to tailgate with the Jacks...but not before we have a good week of fun before hand. May the best team win...whichever team that may be.
                          I will say only one thing on the subject of the National Anthem and then I'll be done. I am a vet of the Iraq War. I find the changing of the words by Bison fans to be disrespectful. I also acknowledge that said fans can choose to do so. I will boo after the inevitable. Rinse/repeat every year.

With regard to the issue of "PC" I think I'll just agree to disagree with his assessment and leave it at that since we don't allow political discussions on our board and his argument is an incredible oversimplification of many factors, socioeconomic, educational, First Amendment expression, etc.

edit: maybe I won't boo this year. Maybe I'll just clap for the Pride's rendition.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I can somewhat see the point you're trying to make. Yes every fan base has their fair share of morons who wear hats, text and talk about the hot chick 4 rows down and 3 seats over. The difference is our "idiots" are few and far between and do it of their own volition. Your fan base purposely does it to try and prove something, you're coached and make it a concerted effort. Whether you mean no disrespect, you're showing how strong your loyalty to your school or just plain attempting to intimidate, it is wrong. I could care less if a few veterans who have honorably served find it ok. Tell it to a platoon of Marines or one of the few remaining men who stormed Normandy or survived Pearl Harbor, they would strongly disagree. I would also find that an overwhelming majority of Americans that are not Bison fans would disagree too. Say it if it makes you feel better, just know it does not make other fan bases respect you any more. Your 4 straight championships, passionate fan base are the standard that many want to attain. The stunt you pull during the anthem is sophomoric and cause me at least to lose respect.

Soap lap box put away, here's to a great game on Saturday between 2 excellent teams. It truly is nice to have such great quality programs battle it out every year. Although you've had the upper hand lately, it's far greater to be competitive. I don't think anyone could've imagined the success these two programs would have early on, well maybe transam bison did. 😉. The fact remains you've won an unprecedented 4 straight championships and our program has had more success in the last 10 years than the 50 years previous to that. Good luck to all!

GO BIG!

GO BLUE!

GO JACKS!

Comment

As for the football game, I hope we clean up the penalties and turnovers from this last weekend and play like the first two weeks. Need to be plus in the TO battle and limit penalties that kill drives. Touchdowns, not field goals to end those drives. I hope we can run the ball better as well to keep our defense off field as much as possible as I expect this to be a battle for all four quarters.
                              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Anthem thing:
                                Leave it in the FargoDome. When you yell "Home of the Bison" at CAS or anywhere else other than your place, it makes people wonder if said Bison fans are really that drunk or they don't know where they're at?? IMO it speaks to the true Persona of a typical Bison fan....fat, bald, 45 and priorities that are so out of wack it's laughable.
                                Not to mention, I've always been confused why a Bison fan would want to keep with a "tradition" they ripped off from the "Fightin Sioux".

Let's take this thread to smack where it belongs.

Go Jacks!! **** the Bison.
                                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                                X