SDSU vs. KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs. KU

I'm contemplating make a late run at this and simply getting in the car and driving down. I expect getting a ticket will be the easiest part of the trip. We'll see what happens.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I'll probably be staying in Topeka or a smaller town near Lawrence Friday night. I'm only 2 hours away, but the wife is going and she is not a morning person so she won't be ready by the time I need to leave to get down there in time.

Comment

Some friends and I are going to catch the White Sox vs. Royals game on Friday and the Jacks game Saturday. Combined price of the tickets was $25! I can't wait for the weekend.
        "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

So does anyone know time tailgating on the hill is allowed. The KU website seems pretty vague but looked maybe 3 hours before game time.

Comment

Originally posted by gobigblue View Post
            So does anyone know time tailgating on the hill is allowed. The KU website seems pretty vague but looked maybe 3 hours before game time.
            You'll be good whenever. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

Last time the Alumni group did something on the Hill. It was super packed. Good time. Are they doing an event this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                I'll probablyy be staying in Topeka or a smaller town near Lawrence Friday night. I'm only 2 hours away, but the wife is going and she is not a morning person so she won't be ready by the time I need to leave to get down there in time.
                To quote former POTUS William Clinton "I feel your pain"

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                  Last time the Alumni group did something on the Hill. It was super packed. Good time. Are they doing an event this year?
                  You might check with their website or give them a call.

Comment

Not sure if this has already been mentioned in this thread, but I just looked up what my viewing options are for the game this Saturday, and I realized that Fox Sports North is broadcasting the game. Awesome. So pumped for Saturday. So jealous of anyone going down there, I wish I could, but the damn annual family vacation gets in the way. Cheer extra loud for me.

Comment

• Re: SDSU vs. KU

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      They are not doing anything this year and probably won't be doing anything at away games anymore. That's why we are bringing all our tailgate stuff and try to find a spot on the hill.

Comment

They are not doing anything this year and probably won't be doing anything at away games anymore. That's why we are bringing all our tailgate stuff and try to find a spot on the hill.
                        Now this is a switch. We do have a new CEO at the alumni association. I doubt this is her idea or is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Now this is a switch. We do have a new CEO at the alumni association. I doubt this is her idea or is it.
                          Anyone going to the KU game and need a room?

We have an extra non-refundable room at the Oread Hotel in Lawrence. Give myself a call if interested, and will explain details or if you know of someone needing a room have them call,
                          605-480-1584
                          thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            My understanding is that the away tailgating events were huge $$$ losses. Even when the events were well attended, they still didn't come close to breaking even.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              My understanding is that the away tailgating events were huge $$$ losses. Even when the events were well attended, they still didn't come close to breaking even.
                              With all understanding of operating budgets...I would think that the return from social gatherings like this would not be in the immediate break even rate of the event, but more so in the potential future giving and commitment/loyalty to the university that is a result of them.
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                                With all understanding of operating budgets...I would think that the return from social gatherings like this would not be in the immediate break even rate of the event, but more so in the potential future giving and commitment/loyalty to the university that is a result of them.
                                If this is a question you have, I am believe Andi would respond to you if you inquired with her.

Comment

Working...
                                X