Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Spring Football

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Jeez, with the amount of complaining on here by some of the posters... maybe one of you can volunteer your time to start up a blog. (blogger is free), and you can attend practices, and attempt to get interviews with coaches, etc...

Zim got SDSU thrown in his lap, and still has Augie and USF. And he wasn't the previous SDSU guy, who got Augie and USF added.

He's doing what he can. Until, or if/when SDSU gets a full time beat reporter, the coverage is NOT going to be as good. Shoot, even if they do, it's going to be hard to provide what TV did.

I actually like reading what Zimmer has had to say. It's nice to have a different viewpoint occasionally. He's a good writer.
    thats a good point, did anyone ask Zim or have they heard if the Argus is in plans to hire a fulltime sdsu beat writer yet? I would think for a younger grad or getting into the career that SDSU beat would be a good one to get.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      thats a good point, did anyone ask Zim or have they heard if the Argus is in plans to hire a full-time SDSU beat writer yet? I would think for a younger grad or getting into the career that SDSU beat would be a good one to get.
      On his live chat a week or so ago he indicated that to the best of this knowledge the Argus still planned to hire an additional reporter. When asked if he would be interested in being the SDSU beat writer full time, he indicated that he was enjoying covering the Jacks more than he expected but that he also didn't want to be completely out of the USF/ Augie writer mix. So time will tell if he goes SDSU beat full time or if it will be a new hire, but appears there is a commitment to a full-time person. He indicated that readership of his materials had gone up dramatically and he liked that as any writer would.

Comment

Maybe this is why Zimm sees Taryn in the mix to start...

http://www.argusleader.com/story/mat...sdsu/25474213/
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Here is a video from offseason workouts:
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            Where?

Comment

Sweet video! I can't stop watching it!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Sweet video! I can't stop watching it!
                Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Where?
                  If you can't see it, you may need to view it on your computer. My mobile app doesn't show the video if that is your problem.
                  "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Just after the 1:00 mark, JT Hassell is shown doing a ladder drill. It just goes to show his quickness; it's quite impressive.

Comment

If you can't see it, you may need to view it on your computer. My mobile app doesn't show the video if that is your problem.
                      The video doesn't show up. Mobile, computer, IE, or Google Chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        The video doesn't show up. Mobile, computer, IE, or Google Chrome.
                        My video shows up, but for those that it doesn't, you can try this link. (hopefully this works)
                        https://vimeo.com/124239349

Comment

Matt Zimmer takes a look at the Jacks' running back situation.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...nner/25968769/
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Hello fellow Jackrabbits. I'm coming in town for the spring game. I just can't wait til next season to see some Jackrabbit football. I Was hoping some one could direct me to a good golf course to play in town.

Comment

Spring game is this Saturday. I can't remember ever seeing such a lack of hype/buzz on this board prior to a spring game. What is up? Weather too nice? Too busy?

How many plan on attending? Will it be nice out or football weather?

Comment

Originally posted by NewJack2011 View Post
                                Hello fellow Jackrabbits. I'm coming in town for the spring game. I just can't wait til next season to see some Jackrabbit football. I Was hoping some one could direct me to a good golf course to play in town.
                                About the only one in Brookings is Edgebrook unless you can find a member to play the Brookings Country Club with. There's also a golf course in Volga (6 miles away)

Comment

Working...
                                X