No announcement yet.

USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

I see that USD is really banged up on the OL and at RB which should really help the Jacks. It seems like one team is getting healthier(SDSU) and the other is going the other way(USD).

If you look at the projected starters both teams start about the same number of seniors. SDSU has 6 that might start(4-O and 2-D) and USD has 5 that might start. I can't remember USD's breakdown but I think it's 5. I really was thinking that next year would be USD's year but with SDSU starting so many underclassmen, you never know. Of course, SDSU does lose 3 all time greats at the position which is more than I can say for USD.

For tomorrows game SDSU should win somewhere around 42-20.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Major, major, MAJOR callout here. South Dakota State has the journalism school, award-winning, accredited, long-standing, and pre-eminent. Please know your university.
      "One of the First

The department of Journalism & Mass Communication received its national accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication in 1948, the first year accreditation was offered. The department has been continuously accredited ever since and is next slated for accreditation review in 2012."

Evidently, they don't update their portion of the website. How embarrassing. USD has the same accreditation and neither appears to be in the top 50 Journalism schools. I'm not going to look up and see if those schools are accredited, but one would think. Since only 114 or so schools appear to have accreditation. It would be nice to at least have either one in the top half before either declares themselves some sort of journalistic mecca. Pre-eminent seems a reach. Also a school that prides itself on generations of Journalistic mastery should confirm on their websites whether or not they passed a review over 2 years ago. Hey...I did learn something about the University: Updating is hard.

I love SDSU as much as the next guy, but I am very realistic where it sits overall in the pecking order of higher learning. (In public Universties tied with NDSU at #102 out of #117 http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...-public/page+5) USD is #92 by the way, So everybody get off the high horse like we all went to some sort of midwest-Yale. There, now you really know your University. Fire away!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I see that USD is really banged up on the OL and at RB which should really help the Jacks. It seems like one team is getting healthier(SDSU) and the other is going the other way(USD).

If you look at the projected starters both teams start about the same number of seniors. SDSU has 6 that might start(4-O and 2-D) and USD has 5 that might start. I can't remember USD's breakdown but I think it's 5. I really was thinking that next year would be USD's year but with SDSU starting so many underclassmen, you never know. Of course, SDSU does lose 3 all time greats at the position which is more than I can say for USD.

Would love to see our defense get some pressure on Earl. I think he's the only threat, if they actually have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          "One of the First

The department of Journalism & Mass Communication received its national accreditation from the Accrediting Council for Education in Journalism & Mass Communication in 1948, the first year accreditation was offered. The department has been continuously accredited ever since and is next slated for accreditation review in 2012."

Evidently, they don't update their portion of the website. How embarrassing. USD has the same accreditation and neither appears to be in the top 50 Journalism schools. I'm not going to look up and see if those schools are accredited, but one would think. Since only 114 or so schools appear to have accreditation. It would be nice to at least have either one in the top half before either declares themselves some sort of journalistic mecca. Pre-eminent seems a reach. Also a school that prides itself on generations of Journalistic mastery should confirm on their websites whether or not they passed a review over 2 years ago. Hey...I did learn something about the University: Updating is hard.

I love SDSU as much as the next guy, but I am very realistic where it sits overall in the pecking order of higher learning. (In public Universties tied with NDSU at #102 out of #117 http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...-public/page+5) USD is #92 by the way, So everybody get off the high horse like we all went to some sort of midwest-Yale. There, now you really know your University. Fire away!
          Hacked?
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

"One of the First

I'm upset that you disparaged ditch diggers.

Comment

"One of the First

The accreditors don't rank order the accredited programs. It's really a formality and most programs that seek it ultimately get accredited. I worked at SDSU and it's a great program. My program here at WSU, the Elliott School of Communication, is also great, but we didn't seek accreditation because it limits what you can do curriculum-wise. In defense of the Web site not being updated, it's not like updating it is part of somebody's job. Faculty are busy teaching classes and doing research. I can speak from experience at SDSU that the Web content management system is a huge pain in the butt to use.

By the way, there is some accreditation news from journalism at SDSU. SDSU's online master's of mass communication program was the first and is the only accredited online master's in mass communication anywhere.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post

I think we might see one of the RB's come back tomorrow (Roberts I believe). That said, I'd like to see the defense pitch a shutout tomorrow. Every man step up and do his job and that could happen.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Who is borderline coming back for us? Anyone out who might be back this game and how is JS JW and AS health wise? Not sure if any are 100% yet but even at 80% are some of the best around.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

"One of the First

This is one strange way of showing that...
                    You're right, and those of us who went through the program and still contribute to it are wrong. You win.

Comment

• Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Hacked?

This might be the funniest single-word posting on this forum ever. Biggest laugh I've had in months.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Hacked?
                        Super drunk maybe?
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          This might be the funniest single-word posting on this forum ever. Biggest laugh I've had in months.
                          Agreed. I liked it a lot as well.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                            Super drunk maybe?
                            Must be a two day bender.

Comment

I want to see another step in Sumner's mobility progress (along with a big win -- obviously). Sumner was a statue in the NDSU game. Zero movement. Yet, we hung in there for three quarters. He's been getting more mobile each week, something that can take the offense to a new level.

Comment

Anything less than you killing us tomorrow and I won't have much respect for your team. I hope no one gets hurt on either side of the ball. May the best team win.

I would say good luck but y'all know I don't mean it. So...safe travels to CAS and home from CAS. That I do mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X