No announcement yet.

USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USD (South Dakota Showdown main event)

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    I thought it was maybe last year at the dakotadome? I remember it as well...
    I think we went yellow tops/blue pants down at the dump.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
      I don't mind the ribbing, it's when the quality suffers I care. You think coming from a journalism/law school you would have some sort of debating ability. If you are saying you are a troll, at least be good at it. My guess is you are an education major/teacher and your biggest mental/verbal foe is a kindergartener that doesn't want to take a nap......it's ok the world needs ditch diggers too, I suppose......

Major, major, MAJOR callout here. South Dakota State has the journalism school, award-winning, accredited, long-standing, and pre-eminent. Please know your university.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Major, major, MAJOR callout here. South Dakota State has the journalism school, award-winning, accredited, long-standing, and pre-eminent. Please know your university.
        Oh for the love of Jebus.....coyotecrazie is right....everybody does have their underwear in a bunch.......
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          What's with the shot a teachers? Are you running for Governor or something?
          .....and this made me laugh....now that's good humor.

Comment

NoVaJack's journalism classmate here. People have to think before they shoot at any profession or vocation...you're hitting people on your side!

Comment

Oh for the love of Jebus.....coyotecrazie is right....everybody does have their underwear in a bunch.......
              Bunched skivvies or not, this is a matter of big pride and generations upon generations of journalism students at SDSU have lorded our accredited and accomplished Journalism School over their Mass Communications whatever.
              First rule of combat is avoid friendly fire.
              First rule of journalism is to get your facts right.
              Lauding the U's phantom j-school is tantamount to complimenting their engineering or ag grads...

Comment

As a graduate from the first accredited journalism school in South Dakota, calling USD the journalism school is wrong. They may have more money for the journalism school, we have more credentials

Comment

The department was accredited for the first time in 1948, which was the first year of national journalism accreditation. According to Dean Earl English of the School of Journalism at the University of Missouri, South Dakota State College was the first department to be visited by an accrediting team and recommended for accreditation. In 1951, two years after George Phillips became department head, the present building was dedicated.
                  http://www.sdstate.edu/mcom/about/mission/

Comment

Meat is going on the smoker this afternoon. Baby back pork ribs and whole chicken wings rubbed and glazed with homemade rub and BBQ sauce. The YJC will be up and going by 10 am Saturday. Weather looks fantastic with highs in the mid 30's and wind at 10 mph out of the South. Overnight low tonight in the 20's.

Expecting a fairly large group of casual coyote fans more interested in the party than the game. They are accustom to staying at their tailgate sites all day when in vermillion. I think they are hoping to do the same tomorrow. Don't think the UPD is going to let that happen.

I am expecting Zenner, Schneider and Sumner as well as the other upper classmen to have this team plenty fired up for the coyotes. USD has been competing well in the first half of most games, I'd like to see that change tomorrow. Get up early and keep the pedal down, finish them off.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Meat is going on the smoker this afternoon. Baby back pork ribs and whole chicken wings rubbed and glazed with homemade rub and BBQ sauce. The YJC will be up and going by 10 am Saturday. Weather looks fantastic with highs in the mid 30's and wind at 10 mph out of the South. Overnight low tonight in the 20's.

Expecting a fairly large group of casual coyote fans more interested in the party than the game. They are accustom to staying at their tailgate sites all day when in vermillion. I think they are hoping to do the same tomorrow. Don't think the UPD is going to let that happen.

I am expecting Zenner, Schneider and Sumner as well as the other upper classmen to have this team plenty fired up for the coyotes. USD has been competing well in the first half of most games, I'd like to see that change tomorrow. Get up early and keep the pedal down, finish them off.

And Coyote Meat on the Gridiron

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                        As a graduate from the first accredited journalism school in South Dakota, calling USD the journalism school is wrong. They may have more money for the journalism school, we have more credentials
                        Jebus.....you aren't going to cry are you? Man up, you sound like a USD fan.....but.....but.....I didn't know so many journalists were so touchy and whiny........fire away!

Comment

Originally posted by coyotecrazie5 View Post
                          Bingo!!! Dont know why you need a degree to inherit millions that your grandfolk worked hard for and steer an auto pilot combine.
                          The degree could help inform farm practices that make the operation more sustainable and/or expand the customer base. Unfortunately, I think the nepotistic hiring practices of some could cause us to question the relevance of any degree, but that is a discussion for another forum.

For now, I will just say that I hope my parents and I witness an epic Jacks victory tomorrow at Coughlin.

Comment

Jebus.....you aren't going to cry are you? Man up, you sound like a USD fan.....but.....but.....I didn't know so many journalists were so touchy and whiny........fire away!
                            You're joking right?

How am I being whiny by pointing out a fact that you got wrong? You are belittling your own institution by calling USD the journalism school.

Comment

You made a dumb post and when people (multiple Jacks fans) called you on it, you deflected. "Man up" and own the fact that your post was dumb.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

There's been a couple of horribly bad teams get a win vs. very good teams this week. Jackrabbits need to start the blow-out early, and have the Yotes demoralized by half.

UC-Davis beating Cal Poly AT POLY!!
                                Oakland Raiders getting FIRST WIN vs a 7-3 KC Chiefs

Looking forward to another day similar to WIU win. USD trenches are horrendus, thin, and subject to abuse. Pound the puppies early and often Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                                X