Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: INDIANA STATE.

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    If you used the Sycavision service yesterday, the ISU announcers said our guys were playing too close to the ball. I mentioned this before and no one replied. Does anyone read my posts I think I am leading in ignore lists.
    The ISU announcers were quite funny towards the end of the game... the big play they broke, before the fumble.... they thought he got in. They complained about it. Then on the fumble at the goal line, they thought he got in. Then they thought he was down. Then Zenner pops the big one.

Also, at the end of the game they complained about the Jackrabbits pass defense. Said our DB's play like the old patriots and bill bellichick used to, just grab, cling, hold, whatever it takes.

I found the whole thing quite humorous.

On to Western!

Comment

back to the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9erQ...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        At 1:03: so I've never been an expert on the rule, but should Hassel's sack-fumble have been called for leading with the helmet, targeting, or whatever its called? Quite the hit.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          At 1:03: so I've never been an expert on the rule, but should Hassel's sack-fumble have been called for leading with the helmet, targeting, or whatever its called? Quite the hit.
          If you freeze frame it at 1:12, it is a great tackle.
          Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 11-10-2014, 12:57 PM. Reason: it probably wasn't picture perfect, but a great tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            The ISU announcers were quite funny towards the end of the game... the big play they broke, before the fumble.... they thought he got in. They complained about it. Then on the fumble at the goal line, they thought he got in. Then they thought he was down. Then Zenner pops the big one.

Also, at the end of the game they complained about the Jackrabbits pass defense. Said our DB's play like the old patriots and bill bellichick used to, just grab, cling, hold, whatever it takes.

I found the whole thing quite humorous.

On to Western!
            Likewise when you consider all the chatter about our D line.

Comment

Had he not had his helmet off to the side it likely would have been. His head appears to be down but first contact is with his shoulder so its a legal hit. QB never saw him coming and he did not hesitate. Huge play.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Had he not had his helmet off to the side it likely would have been. His head appears to be down but first contact is with his shoulder so its a legal hit. QB never saw him coming and he did not hesitate. Huge play.
                Not sure if college is much different then NFL on that but basically as long as you don't launch and leave your feet or lead with your head, and dont go below the knees and or the neck or head you can drive in htere pretty much as hard as you want. It was a hard shot for sure. when I watched the replay the first time I thought wow that should be a penalty, but watching it several more times, he leads with his head and I dont think he launches into him. so appeared to be legal.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  Btw,ZZ had one long run Saturday. They stacked the box,it had nothing to do with the presence of Sumner. It was excellent blocking and a fast running back.
                  Won't quibble about it...but he had a 67-yarder as well, which was called back by a penalty. I count that one in talking about having two great runs at ISU-b. And I'm afraid you miss the whole point I tried to make re: Sumner. Whether I'm right or not...my thesis is that Sumner's presence at QB helps keep the opposition from focusing solely on ZZ, and thus enables the oline to spring him free. Obviously they have to make the necessary blocks. All of Z's long runs are a result of good blocking. Wait...after rereading this thread, I realize our oline can't block...mea culpa! OK, that needs to be my last word on this thread.

Comment

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I really like the new short yardage approach the jacks are taking. Putting Langer and Gottlieb in as fullbacks and zenner taking the direct snap. Only time it hasn't worked is the play where zenner dropped the snap. Most of the other times he either scores a td untouched or gets the necessary yardage plus some for a first down. Having this in the package earlier in the year may have really helped out. Specifically the YSU game where we got stuffed on 4th and 1 from the 23 in the third quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                      Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I really like the new short yardage approach the jacks are taking. Putting Langer and Gottlieb in as fullbacks and zenner taking the direct snap. Only time it hasn't worked is the play where zenner dropped the snap. Most of the other times he either scores a td untouched or gets the necessary yardage plus some for a first down. Having this in the package earlier in the year may have really helped out. Specifically the YSU game where we got stuffed on 4th and 1 from the 23 in the third quarter.
                      Those two hosses were smashing people in that formation against ISU-B. Fun to watch.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                        Absolutely. Love, love, love Gottlieb and Langer in that formation, those are some big boys. It seems like we are seeing more screens in recent weeks as well. I'm also noticing more 5 yard out pass plays (due to Sumner's arm strength?), which I'm not a big fan of. Too much risk for little reward for my liking, they seem like a pick 6 waiting to happen.

I wonder how much of our playbook is held back by design so opponents don't know what to expect. New wrinkles seem to be appearing each week, not that I would know what exactly I'm looking at.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I'm also noticing more 5 yard out pass plays (due to Sumner's arm strength?), which I'm not a big fan of. Too much risk for little reward for my liking, they seem like a pick 6 waiting to happen.
                          In the past it seemed like we threw so many wide outs for 0-2 yards that going 5 yards down field seemed like a fly pattern. I've been much happier with the play calling this year. No doubt with Sumner back there are more options due to his arm strength.

SUPERBUNNY
                          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                            In the past it seemed like we threw so many wide outs for 0-2 yards that going 5 yards down field seemed like a fly pattern. I've been much happier with the play calling this year. No doubt with Sumner back there are more options due to his arm strength.

SUPERBUNNY
                            I thought the play calling was excellent during the ISUb game. Using the play action pass to set up slants over the middle; having a diversity of routes for the running back (not just swing passes); multiple looks for screen passes; double moves by the receivers; no empty backfield sets! All these looks feed off a strong running game and makes the opponent pay for stacking the box. I know we only scored 7 in the first half, but that was more of an execution issue than anything, and it showed in the second half.

I agree with the sentiment that having Sumner back allows us to do much more with the offense due to his arm and experience.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Pretty sure it is Gottlob not Gottlieb. Last thing we need of 6'1" 180 Gottlieb in the backfield.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                                Pretty sure it is Gottlob not Gottlieb. Last thing we need of 6'1" 180 Gottlieb in the backfield.
                                Plus, he puts his shorts on backwards and can't make free throws.
                                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                                X