Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All Things Playoffs Related

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I don't know, I respect the fans that travel and support their team even when they don't expect to win. You are always welcome.
    I had some friends who gave me their tickets for the SDSU-NDSU game a couple of years back. They warned me not to wear any Jackrabbit gear and I found why as they were sitting amongst some rowdy bison. I did not say peep for the entire game. I am still alive.

I will be watching on TV if its on or will have to purchase a stream from NDSU. I think the Bison will toy with them for a quarter or two and then the cannon will be fired again and again.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I definitely would be going if I could have gotten tickets. I'm sure many more would be going.
      One thing I will say is I appreciate the fact that neither NDSU nor SDSU actively try NOT to sell tickets that need to be sold and everyone has an equal shot from both schools. (SDSU fans could have had tickets if you went on line immediately when they went on sale.) Leave that one to the clowns at USD......

(If you did not follow what they did prior to the NDSU game, it was quite comical.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I had some friends who gave me their tickets for the SDSU-NDSU game a couple of years back. They warned me not to wear any Jackrabbit gear and I found why as they were sitting amongst some rowdy bison. I did not say peep for the entire game. I am still alive.

I will be watching on TV if its on or will have to purchase a stream from NDSU. I think the Bison will toy with them for a quarter or two and then the cannon will be fired again and again.
        That is too bad that it was not a good experience where you sat. We have had Jacks fans sit in our section with no problem. There is friendly banter, but that is it.

I can tell you from experience that the Bison tailgate is a lot more welcoming than a Jackrabbit tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
          One thing I will say is I appreciate the fact that neither NDSU nor SDSU actively try NOT to sell tickets that need to be sold and everyone has an equal shot from both schools. (SDSU fans could have had tickets if you went on line immediately when they went on sale.) Leave that one to the clowns at USD......

(If you did not follow what they did prior to the NDSU game, it was quite comical.)
          What did they do? Anything like what the seahawks did in the playoffs who wouldn'tsell tickets to adresses in california.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            That is too bad that it was not a good experience where you sat. We have had Jacks fans sit in our section with no problem. There is friendly banter, but that is it.

I can tell you from experience that the Bison tailgate is a lot more welcoming than a Jackrabbit tailgate.
            Yeah, I know you won't get spit on in anany bars in Fargo also, and if you sit down you will get served also

Yep, it happened in Brookings last year, I was shocked
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              What did they do? Anything like what the seahawks did in the playoffs who wouldn'tsell tickets to adresses in california.
              Goon, it was pretty comical.

First, they stated that tickets would only be sold to Howling Pack/Season Ticket holders. I know of at least one Bisonviller who bought season tickets, and they would not sell him NDSU tickets. (EndzoneQB)
              Second, they then must have realized no one was going to buy tickets, so they packaged the William Penn game with NDSU; you had to buy both. Many of use went for this deal. (I was not that upset by this, as it is fairly common practice.)

Now, you would think that when the William Penn game is over, you'd put your NDSU tickets on sale, correct? Oh no, not at USD. They then went back to restricting it to Howling Pack/Season Ticket holders. So, here is the part you can't make up, YOU COULD NOT EVEN BUY TICKETS IF YOU WERE A USD FAN! Interestingly, some who called during this period were able to buy tickets, but it was not consistent at all. Some 605 area codes could get them, while others did not. So, folks working for them did not even know their own internal policy and there was absolutely no way to buy them online unless Howling Pack/Season Ticket holders.

Finally, a week before the game, assuming they knew they were going to eat a ton of tickets, they finally put them up for sale. I can tell you Section B where most of these were sold were solid with Bison fans, not USD. Further, the seats were better than the William Penn package deal! (I am sure they knew only Bison fans would be dumb enough to do it; myself included.)

So, to sum up USD strategy, instead of trying to field a good football team to attract their own fans, they resorted to trying to not sell tickets at all. You can't make this stuff up.

Thank God SDSU has some honor and doesn't dick around with us.

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
                Goon, it was pretty comical.

First, they stated that tickets would only be sold to Howling Pack/Season Ticket holders. I know of at least one Bisonviller who bought season tickets, and they would not sell him NDSU tickets. (EndzoneQB)
                Second, they then must have realized no one was going to buy tickets, so they packaged the William Penn game with NDSU; you had to buy both. Many of use went for this deal. (I was not that upset by this, as it is fairly common practice.)

Now, you would think that when the William Penn game is over, you'd put your NDSU tickets on sale, correct? Oh no, not at USD. They then went back to restricting it to Howling Pack/Season Ticket holders. So, here is the part you can't make up, YOU COULD NOT EVEN BUY TICKETS IF YOU WERE A USD FAN! Interestingly, some who called during this period were able to buy tickets, but it was not consistent at all. Some 605 area codes could get them, while others did not. So, folks working for them did not even know their own internal policy and there was absolutely no way to buy them online unless Howling Pack/Season Ticket holders.

Finally, a week before the game, assuming they knew they were going to eat a ton of tickets, they finally put them up for sale. I can tell you Section B where most of these were sold were solid with Bison fans, not USD. Further, the seats were better than the William Penn package deal! (I am sure they knew only Bison fans would be dumb enough to do it; myself included.)

So, to sum up USD strategy, instead of trying to field a good football team to attract their own fans, they resorted to trying to not sell tickets at all. You can't make this stuff up.

Thank God SDSU has some honor and doesn't dick around with us.
                With the new stadium I fully expect the First NDSU game to break the Attendance record. This is exactly why we feel the Rivalry is with NDSU and not the kid brother (Most USD people I talk to won't accept this). Only a Kid brother pulls stuff like that, proof that there is still a D2 mindset down there.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  With the new stadium I fully expect the First NDSU game to break the Attendance record. This is exactly why we feel the Rivalry is with NDSU and not the kid brother (Most USD people I talk to won't accept this). Only a Kid brother pulls stuff like that, proof that there is still a D2 mindset down there.
                  Agreed on all counts. It will be interesting to see what happens when we play UN_, but they will have no chance in that game. They really despise being overshadowed by "mooU."

USD also need to implode their Dome. It is horrible and not D1 caliber.

Comment

Jacks need to win out and get some help to make the playoffs.

Missouri Valley Standings
                    TEAM CONF OVERALL
                    North Dakota State 5-1 9-1 (Bison are in)
                    Illinois State 5-1 8-1 (ISU red are in)
                    Youngstown State 4-2 7-3 (2 losses to ISU blue and Bison would help Jacks)
                    Northern Iowa 4-2 6-4 (1 loss to either SIU a or MSU would help)
                    South Dakota State 3-3 6-4 (win out)
                    Indiana State 3-3 6-4 (Jacks would get picked over ISU with win yesterday)
                    Southern Illinois 3-3 6-4 (SIU have two tough games left; want them to beat UNI but lose to ISU red)
                    Western Illinois 2-4 4-6
                    Missouri State 1-5 4-6
                    South Dakota 0-6 2-8

Next week I will be cheering for SIU over UNI and ISU-blue over Youngstown.
                    Last week cheering for ISU-red over SIU, NDSU over Youngstown and MSU over UNI.

Comment

I think we need to dominate the next two games to show the committee we are a much better team with Sumner playing. This might be tough to do with next weekend's weather forecast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbacker123 View Post
                        I think we need to dominate the next two games to show the committee we are a much better team with Sumner playing. This might be tough to do with next weekend's weather forecast.
                        Think we should change our record to 5-4 because thats what we essentially are in the eyes of the committee.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

TEAM CONF OVERALL
                          Southern Illinois 3-3 6-4 (SIU have two tough games left; want them to beat UNI but lose to ISU red)
                          Western Illinois 2-4 4-6
                          Missouri State 1-5 4-6
                          South Dakota 0-6 2-8

Thanks for doing this. It makes it easier to follow what others are saying. Such as UNI is in a better position than they were last year in terms of getting to the playoffs. I think SDSU as other have said, needs to win those last two games and then see what the committee does. As a registered Democrat living in SD, I don't often like what the governor or the legislature does, but I have to follow the laws enacted in this state. The same can be said about the selection committee. We are as fans literally at their mercy.
                          Last edited by Nidaros; 11-09-2014, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            Thanks for doing this. It makes it easier to follow what others are saying. Such as UNI is in a better position than they were last year in terms of getting to the playoffs. I think SDSU as other have said, needs to win those last two games and then see what the committee does. As a registered Democrat, I don't often like what the governor or the legislature does, but I have to follow the laws enacted in this state. The same can be said about the selection committee. We are as fans literally at their mercy.
                            Very good point...same feeling I've had about the CEO of our country for the past 6 years.
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              Very good point...same feeling I've had about the CEO of our country for the past 6 years.
                              The Kochs have been around longer than 6 years.....BOOM!(Drop the mike)

Better throw some football in here before we get banhammered.......Ummm....uh.....the committee sucks..........and the entire MVFC should make the playoff. That oughta make it kosher.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

TEAM CONF OVERALL
                                Western Illinois 2-4 4-6
                                Missouri State 1-5 4-6
                                South Dakota 0-6 2-8

Five teams from the conference can get in, rght? Spo if Jacks win out they're guaranteed at least that, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X