Hobo Day 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day 2014

Still 3 weeks away but never too early to start thinking about it.

The South Dakota Pork Council is hosting their annual tailgate party at the Yankton Jackrabbit Club site. Free pork bacon and cheddar burgers and a limited supply of pig wings. All are welcome. Stop by and grab a bite to eat!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Hobo Day 2014

http://www.buzzfeed.com/goennounce/t...raditions-z7d5

Comment

Hope everyone can make it to the parade before tailgating. its a good time downtown and a good way to start the day for sure.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Parade, Tailgate, Football game, downtown, Dierks Bentley concert that night. I think it's going to be a good day.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
          Parade, Tailgate, Football game, downtown, Dierks Bentley concert that night. I think it's going to be a good day.
          Same plan minus the downtown. Too old for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Our tailgating spot is having lamb, elk, and venison chislic and a Bloody Mary bar. Not sure if we will go to the parade or not as traffic is usually a giant headache to get from the parade to tailgate. Also, I'm planning on doing the 5k. Makes me feel less guilty above drinking heavily and eating like a pig later in the day! Should be a great time with lots of friends who make this their one game a year!

Also, YSU looks to be decent this year. It'd be awesome if it's another competitive game!
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Our tailgating spot is having lamb, elk, and venison chislic and a Bloody Mary bar. Not sure if we will go to the parade or not as traffic is usually a giant headache to get from the parade to tailgate. Also, I'm planning on doing the 5k. Makes me feel less guilty above drinking heavily and eating like a pig later in the day! Should be a great time with lots of friends who make this their one game a year!

Also, YSU looks to be decent this year. It'd be awesome if it's another competitive game!
              We have stomped them two years in a row. I'd like that trend to continue. I like blowouts when we're on the right side of them.

Bloody Mary bar for us too. Also Coffee and mixing things. Haven't thought about food yet. Will post later this week after we devise a plan.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Hopefully after a win for hobo day we don't have as many fans calling to fire the coaches again. Should be great weather and will be our sons third hobo day parade and our daughters first so that's what I am going to enjoy along with the game. Hopefully we win but if we don't its not going to ruin my day.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  Same plan minus the downtown. Too old for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Boooo!!!
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Can we make it a top ten crowds? #10 is 15,153. Should be doable with it being Hobo Day and with the weather forecast.

Comment

My prediction was for right around 15,000. I know that all of the reserved tickets are sold out, so there will be a lot of SRO. I'm curious to see the type of crowds that will come to the new stadium when there is much more seating available. How much of a deterrent is the lack of a seat? How many people don't come because they would have to stand? My guess is that we will be regularly seeing 15,000 crowds early in the season when the new stadium is up.
                      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

I'm one of those that won't be able to attend. I waited for someone else to decide whether they could come or not and now I don't have tickets. Can't do standing room only with my son so I am watching from afar. Can't wait for next season.
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                          My prediction was for right around 15,000. I know that all of the reserved tickets are sold out, so there will be a lot of SRO. I'm curious to see the type of crowds that will come to the new stadium when there is much more seating available. How much of a deterrent is the lack of a seat? How many people don't come because they would have to stand? My guess is that we will be regularly seeing 15,000 crowds early in the season when the new stadium is up.
                          Exactly the thought of administration, all of us are banking on the fact that many people stay away from the most popular games because they cannot be guaranteed a seat. Its very important that this program continue to build on its success and Hobo Day vs YSU is the next big step. Need special teams play and defensive effort like we saw at UNI to win this week. Lujan has to avoid the early INTs as well. Hoping Zenner can find some room to run. Going to be a great day.

Comment

For the 3rd time in the past 16 years, I will be attending state CC in Huron instead of attending the Hobo Day celebration.

Hope everyone has a great time, and stays safe.

Certainly will be hoping for a Jackrabbit victory, and will try to get updates as much as I can. (Thank Goodness for Twitter)

Comment

In case anyone hasn't seen this yet: http://youtu.be/JTuivboK8oA

Looks like Zenner took a little time out of his busy schedule to help increase excitement for Hobo Week.

Comment

Working...
                              X