X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day 2014

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
    In case anyone hasn't seen this yet: http://youtu.be/JTuivboK8oA

Looks like Zenner took a little time out of his busy schedule to help increase excitement for Hobo Week.
    Pretty funny how quiet the room gets when Chicione walks into the room.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I was actually in that class. I'm right in the middle of the camera shot from the back. Unfortunately, I saw the band assembling by the doors when I entered so I knew something was going to happen. It was definitely a fun first ten minutes of class. Also, if you look to Jack Rabbit's right, Isaac Wallace can be seen enjoying himself. That class got me pumped for this weekend. It will be a long week until Saturday comes.
      "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
        I was actually in that class. I'm right in the middle of the camera shot from the back. Unfortunately, I saw the band assembling by the doors when I entered so I knew something was going to happen. It was definitely a fun first ten minutes of class. Also, if you look to Jack Rabbit's right, Isaac Wallace can be seen enjoying himself. That class got me pumped for this weekend. It will be a long week until Saturday comes.
        What class was that? that was fun.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That was a great idea to do that....it ended up reminding me of a real game.....nobody stood up.....nobody clapped....and everybody seemed to be embarrassed.......i wanted to see someone at least stand and clap when the fight song was being played.....was it a 7 am class?
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

What do we know about Youngstown this year?
            Other than their fans are not hopeful

Latest from their Forum:

JFootball22

• Rock Hopper Penguin

Re: SDSUU...thoughts

« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:42:02 PM »

Montgomery has never had a successful game plan vs SDSU or had success calling plays, I fully expect an assbeating

Comment

Looks like they might be starting this true freshman at quarterback. http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=6700156 Pressure early and pressure often.

Comment

It was biology 151. It is a class full of freshmen. I was the only one that knew the chants it seemed like. I do regret not standing during ring the bells. However I was surprised many weren't even clapping. From the feeling room, nobody was going to stand with me. That is why I didn't at the time.
                "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

The takeover of the biology class to generate enthusiasm for Hobo Day was cool. Fun video. Kudos to the participants.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    The takeover of the biology class to generate enthusiasm for Hobo Day was cool. Fun video. Kudos to the participants.
                    I would say it did just that. It was the talk around campus for the day and everyone in the class was having fun they just didn't know what was going on or what to do, typical freshmen. If this was the first time that the Hobo Committee took over a class, it shouldcontinue. It was a great success.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                      I would say it did just that. It was the talk around campus for the day and everyone in the class was having fun they just didn't know what was going on or what to do, typical freshmen. If this was the first time that the Hobo Committee took over a class, it shouldcontinue. It was a great success.
                      In 1959, when I was a true freshman, we sang The Yellow and Blue during orientation week, but nothing like this during Hobo Week. It's neat that participants had the time or took time to do this. We need all the students on Saturday. All twelve thousand and change in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        We need all the students on Saturday. All twelve thousand and change in the stands.
                        It would be neat to break the CAS record on Hobo Day in the Original CAS before construction makes it easier to make new records.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

The bookstore should do a variation of these kinds of t-shirts and start selling them at the start of school. Include the date of the game and the date you are supposed to start growing a beard on the back. Growing beards for Hobo day is a cool tradition.

edit: here is another cool one

“I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Edit: this post as originally posted contained errors. The corrections or supplemental notes are in bold type.
                            **** SEE POST 35 BELOW FOR SCORES OF ALL 15 GAMES IN THE SERIES.****

In history of SDSU v. YSU in football, SDSU holds the advantage with 10 wins and 5 losses (2014 SDSU MEDIA GUIDE) . I looked up the most recent 10 meetings (in the early 70s the two teams met three times): Original post missed the 1975 game and the horrendous 1979 DII playoff game.

(Home team listed second)
                            1972: YSU 22, SDSU 34 (Was this Ron Jaworski's senior year? See below*)
                            1973: SDSU 26, YSU 6
                            1974: YSU 35, SDSU 21
                            1975: SDSU 38, YSU 21
                            1979 D II PLAYOFF GAME AT YSU: SDSU 7, YSU 50

In the modern era, here are the results:
                            2007: SDSU 17, YSU 23
                            2008: YSU 7, SDSU 40 (IN ORIGINAL POST, LISTED SDSU FIRST BUT THE GAME WAS AT SDSU)
                            2009: SDSU 17, YSU 3
                            2010: YSU 20, SDSU 30
                            2011: SDSU 35, YSU 28
                            2012: YSU 28, SDSU 41
                            2013: SDSU 42, YSU 13

*Re: Ron Jaworski -- here's info from YSU's Hall of Fame on Jaworski:
                            Ron Jaworski

• Football (1969-72)
                            • Inducted 1986

Perhaps the most recognizable Penguin, Jaworski, entered the professional ranks with the Los Angeles Rams in 1973, never having taken a direct snap from center for four years that he played for Dike Beede’s football squad. He was the signal caller for Beede’s side-saddle-T formation from 1969 to 1972, and still ranks among the leaders in 11 offensive categories. Jaworski ranks first in most pass completions in a season (139), pass completions in a career (325), passing yardage in a season (2123), passing yardage in a career (4612), most touchdown passes in a single game (4), and most touchdown passes in a season (18), ranks second in total offense in a single season (2101 yards) and most touchdown passes in a career (32), is third on the all-time list of total offense in a career (4452) and passing attempts in a season (259), and is fifth in passing yardage in a season (1411).
                            Last edited by JackJD; 10-22-2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Article from Youngstown, YSU focusing on physicality to prepare for the Jacks.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/oct/2...-get-physical/

Comment

Prediction time:

We limit the amount of running plays where Zenner runs directly in to the ass end of his center and he breaks loose for 185+ yds. and 3 td's. Lujan only has one meaningless pick. Defense plays well again. Jacks 31 YSU 13.

Comment

Working...
                                X