10/11/14 VS. Missouri State Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 10/11/14 VS. Missouri State Bears

Im curious to know how much of their 249 of total offense was in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Im curious to know how much of their 249 of total offense was in the first half.

I'm willing to bet MSU had <80 yards in the 2nd half

Comment

4char

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajack View Post
          I'm willing to bet MSU had <80 yards in the 2nd half
          Reinforces my point. Pretty obvious we made adjustments to our defensive strategy at halftime.

Wonder why it took 6 f`n quarters.

Even my minute football mind could figure out we had serious issues at halftime last week.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
            4char
            Why did you delete your post?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              No doubt our defense was WAY better in the second half.

My question is this: Why the F does it take 6 freaking quarters to make an adjustment?!

Was our defense that aweful in the first half? We gave up the 79 yd drive but the other 3 drives were for a total of 62 yards. Maybe giving them a short field has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                Was our defense that aweful in the first half? We gave up the 79 yd drive but the other 3 drives were for a total of 62 yards. Maybe giving them a short field has something to do with it.
                After I've calmed down a bit I think there is some truth in this statement. Although had we not given them a short field their total yards likely would have been higher. The 79 yard drive wouldn't have been much easier with our D on the sidelines. Didnt give me warm fuzzies about how they were playing.

According to TV, 80 total yards offense in the 2nd half with 44 coming on the last drive. Impressive turnaround by the defense. Need them to play like that from here on.

Comment

That was a great showing by the defense in the second half. If they can take that momentum and carry it with them into next week I truly believe we have a great chance after seeing UNI yesterday. I am not sure when Sumner is back although im guessing hobo days but it would def benefit the team if he was able to go next week.

Comment

Stop turnovers,penalties, and elevate the kicking game ,shore up specialty teams. Fix the issue of us helping teams to beat us, and eliminate having to climb out of a huge hole every game. Make the game easy instead of hard. Do all this and heroics won't be needed so much. I agree, the team showed a lot of heart and unwillingness to lose, despite things looking pretty bleak at times.

Comment

Due to my job, I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game until the last drive of the first half.

I turn it on, the Jacks drive the length of the field and cap it off with Weineke TD before halftime. Then the Jacks D proceeds to stonewall the Bears for the rest of game while the Jacks O moves the ball and eventually puts it in the end zone twice.

So I'm not exactly sure what we did the first half, but let's not do that again.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Congrats on your win Jacks!

Comment

Injuries have depleted the Jacks' depth, especially on the d-line. That's probably thinned the depth on special teams, too. Overall, the defensive unit is becoming lighter and faster every week.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

What a weapon Wieneke has become. He and Schneider are a great receiving duo. Defenses can't double up on both of them. It's hard to go wrong throwing their way.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              What a weapon Wieneke has become. He and Schneider are a great receiving duo. Defenses can't double up on both of them. It's hard to go wrong throwing their way.
                              No doubt about Wieneke, if he stays healthy, he will put up a bunch of numbers, and will be giving D coordinators fits. We need to have a QB get the ball to these two guys. I think Wieneke took some pressure off Schnieder and vise versas. Finnes was to jittery to make any judgment about his abilities. It was my kind of game. I think those fans who left at half time and before, now regret that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Injuries have depleted the Jacks' depth, especially on the d-line. That's probably thinned the depth on special teams, too. Overall, the defensive unit is becoming lighter and faster every week.
                                Was that No 93 or 94 that went down last night?

Comment

Working...
                                X