10/11/14 VS. Missouri State Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 10/11/14 VS. Missouri State Bears

I don't think 94, Kellen Soulek, was able to play much because of injury. 93 is Landon Schultz.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I don't think 94, Kellen Soulek, was able to play much because of injury. 93 is Landon Schultz.
      I think it was 93, he was walking on crutches at half time. So he will be out for a while. The sad part is that he tried walking off the field and then in pain, he waited for the trainers to help him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        No doubt about Wieneke, if he stays healthy, he will put up a bunch of numbers, and will be giving D coordinators fits. We need to have a QB get the ball to these two guys. I think Wieneke took some pressure off Schnieder and vise versas. Finnes was to jittery to make any judgment about his abilities. It was my kind of game. I think those fans who left at half time and before, now regret that decision.
        I think 183 yds and 100 yards between the two meant the QB got it to those two guys. 310 yds for the backup QB isn't a bad day. The defense was put in two very bad positions on those two INT's. Anytime MSU had to drive the field they were stymied. In the end a great game that showed a lot of gut and character!
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I think it was 93, he was walking on crutches at half time. So he will be out for a while. The sad part is that he tried walking off the field and then in pain, he waited for the trainers to help him off.
          It was 94 Soulek.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            Was our defense that aweful in the first half? We gave up the 79 yd drive but the other 3 drives were for a total of 62 yards. Maybe giving them a short field has something to do with it.
            Thank you. Somebody who was actually paying attention.

And for anyone who wasn't at the game last night, the wind was a major factor in both the kicking and passing games. Punts into the wind would peak out and drop straight drown. Tavares was beat deep on his INT play, but the wind ate up the throw. It was almost a sucker play for the QB.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Why did you delete your post?
              I'm done wasting my time debating with folks who give up and throw the team, coaches, and the players under the bus before it's even halftime.

Have a little faith in your team.

Comment

It was an interesting game to say the least. Overall, I do believe the defense played well and offensively, we amassed a lot of yards and played well enough to win the game. I agree that the wind played a much bigger factor then some of the experts on this board, believe. Clearly it held up passes and punts, which caused both teams difficulty. Good teams have to respond to adversity and the Jacks did that last night.

I see one of our biggest challenges being the health of players. Strelow (fullback) has always been a good special teams player and seems to be a good blocking fullback was out. Sherlock (def. end) was out last night and Soulek (def. tackle) was injured during the game. While our backups have done well, this isn't something we can continue to experience and expect to reach the playoffs.

The win is a credit to our coaches and players who didn't check it in when things were not going well.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Reinforces my point. Pretty obvious we made adjustments to our defensive strategy at halftime.

Wonder why it took 6 f`n quarters.

Even my minute football mind could figure out we had serious issues at halftime last week.
                  Both Lalley and Stig said in their post game interviews there wasn't alot of adjustments made. Lalley said they just started to "believe".

Comment

I did watch one of the punts reach elevation and go straight down, figured the wind caught it. But also figured it might help if the kick was more of a line drive, like Mizzou st was doing. The wind blows quit abit in SD,we should be experts at kicking in it. Moot point now, glad we pulled out the win.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                      The play-calling for us is nothing short of a joke. It's laughable. #pathetic
                      Speaking of pathetic, you always seem to dissappear when things start going well. #jackfanmyass

Comment

What I noticed in a similar fashion to the cal poly game is that the team in the 2nd half reached another gear on D. We looked a step slow and constantly getting beat in the first half. In the 2nd we were quicker looks stronger looked like we knew what we were doing. It helped their QB isn't a good passer but we had a hard time staying with him on the read option. As cliched as it is but when we play jackrabbit football thing go well. The matra of do the right thing or make the right play some times seems to not sink in. Then for a half we play really good football.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I took my daughter to the potty when we were up 10-7. We had been sitting on the east side, and after potty time, we headed all the way to the top of the west side. By the time we got there and I turned around, MSU was scoring to make it 28-10. It happened that fast.

After ISUr I was glad to see the team didn't cave.

I can't say I'm a student of the game, but I guess I didn't think Lujan played too terribly. (Again, perhaps I get distracted with a kid there, I can't even remember his 2nd pick? Maybe that was one of the times I remember thinking he should've thrown it away...) So perhaps I just didn't pay enough attention. His stat line reads pretty good as far as I'm concerned. 17-28, 310, 3tds, 2ints.

As for the punting, I guess I was sure they were all into the wind and wasn't surprised by the lack of distance, though he could've lined drived...line drove?...lone drove?? He could've tried to line drive them more I suppose.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Both Lalley and Stig said in their post game interviews there wasn't alot of adjustments made. Lalley said they just started to "believe".
                            Werent our d lineman up on the line of scrimmage more? Allowing them to use leverage a little better thus holding the line of scrimmage. Gives our linebackers a chance to use their speed and fill gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              It was 94 Soulek.
                              Thanks that's what I had thought but was not sure. He is a big guy, the one I saw on crutches

Comment

Watching the Seahawks-Cowboys game reminded me of something else I wanted to say, I really enjoyed watching our punt return team. Butler is fun to watch every time returns it and our punt rush puts a lot of pressure on the blockers and punters. We are going to get a game changing punt return/block in one our big games coming up here, I really feel it.

Comment

Working...
                                X