10/4/14 vs. Illinois State RedBirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 10/4/14 vs. Illinois State RedBirds

I ducked out of this one at 14-0 after the third turnover. Saw the final score and figured it sounded about right. Had no idea it all happened in the rest of the first half. Oof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      I ducked out of this one at 14-0 after the third turnover. Saw the final score and figured it sounded about right. Had no idea it all happened in the rest of the first half. Oof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I wish I had done the same, or extended my visit to Norway where you are seven hours ahead of central Time. I would have had to get up in the middle of the night to catch the final score. This game was not fun to watch on ISUr streaming, where the announcers were very generous in their comments towards SDSU. They thought we were having a bad day. I think they were right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Well spoken yoteforever and you earned some repetation points from yours truly. I have one lingering question that does not seem to want to go away. Is SDSU that bad of a team or is ISUr that good of a team. The answer lies somewhere in the middle. With this crazy incomplete round robin, ISUr probably does not play NDSU this year, but if they did and played like they did yesterday they would have beaten the Bison. They would have as we did dig ourselves in a hole that they could not get out of. That was good defense by Ill State plus they converted on the turnovers we gave up. They held us to 10 and what wins games? I think defense is the answer. Lets move on.
        You know the answer to your question. SDSU didn't go backwards, the league is unbelievable. Literally, the last place team in this league, whomever it ends up being, could beat anyone, including NDSU. I watched that game yesterday and although the Bison faithful say they played poorly, it had a lot to do with WIU.

I have been in that stadium twice in Normal, and for whatever reason, when the wheels fall off, it seems like they fall off faster there. Right now, I could build a case where USD doesn't win a game, or they win 3-4 in the league. Who knows. SDSU is good, and so is everyone else. All joking aside, this league could put a minimum of 6 teams in the playoffs, but that won't happen. It would if they put the top teams in the country in. Yesterday, Montana should have gotten beat at UND, and Northern Arizona did lose to a woeful Northern Colorado team. That sums up where the Coyotes are. We have a lot of work to do, and you have some to do as well. As does NDSU, MSU, ISU's, UNI....you get it.

Let's have our game in November have playoff implications for the winner and loser. It's possible. Maybe not probable for us, but certainly possible. You have good kids playing for you, back them. Good luck. See you in November

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          Since what I really want to say would earn me a lifetime ban, I'll keep it simple: That heartless performance from an unprepared team was wholly unacceptable. End of discussion. If you think otherwise, you're a fool
          Heartless. B.S. Unprepared? I could maybe go with some inadequate preparation. No mention of the prowess of ISU? Well what game were you watching? That may be the best team in the MVFC this season.

I'm joining the "think otherwise" camp. With JackFan96, that apparently leaves no room for discussion. By the definition of some, I'm a fool.

Yoteforever's comments, written from the perspective of an outstanding player who play on excellent college football teams -- teams that took a loss or two along the way to a conference championship -- are worth rereading.

I don't like people who call me a fool.
          Last edited by JackJD; 10-05-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Massey Ratings for FCS teams have been updated. 1) NDSU, 2) ISUr, 3) S. IL, 4) Nova, 5) Youngstown, 6) E. Wa, 7) SDSU, 8) ISUb, 9) Mo St, 10) Jacksonville.

MVFC has 7 in the top 10, it's going to be a war. Notice we are not in the dumpster after yesterday. Go Jacks!!

Comment

My thoughts:

Watched the entire game from beginning to end and all I can say is that first half was about as bad as the Jacks could play. Giving away 3 turnovers in the 1st quarter at an opposing team's place during their homecoming is a sure fire way to get rolled by any decent team. Enough with bad, however, because you don't have to be expert to figure out what went wrong in this game.

So what's the good news? Same as the bad. The Jacks can't play worse than that, so the only way to go from here is up. I fully expect a bounce back game against Missouri State next week.

I'm also not poo-pooing our playoff chances just yet. Last year after the Missouri State game, did anyone think SDSU had a chance at the playoffs? Yet we managed to rebound and right the ship. This is a trend with recent Jackrabbit teams in which we always have a clunker of a game throughout the season, even with our best teams. I think this was our clunker for the year and that it will refocus the team.

This team is talented, and we have some darn good young players that will continue to get better throughout the season (Wieneke, Carr, and Hassell all played well). Saturday, I didn't see a Jackrabbit team that couldn't compete with Illinois State, I saw a team that didn't compete on that particular day.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

I hate losing 45-10 as much as the next guy. Like most of you, I've calmed down since yesterday.

This isn't the NFL, but the Bucs did lose to the Falcons 56-14 and subsequently beat the Steelers by 3 the next week. This week's game will be very telling.

As much as I respect Yoteforever's past as a student athlete, I grow tired of the "you were never in a locker room" and/or the "you aren't a coach" speeches from him and others. Some on this board are major donors to SDSU athletics and don't appreciate those comments. If you want to maintain that attitude, we'll just leave the financial support of the sports programs to the "athletes".

Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  I hate losing 45-10 as much as the next guy. Like most of you, I've calmed down since yesterday.

This isn't the NFL, but the Bucs did lose to the Falcons 56-14 and subsequently beat the Steelers by 3 the next week. This week's game will be very telling.

As much as I respect Yoteforever's past as a student athlete, I grow tired of the "you were never in a locker room" and/or the "you aren't a coach" speeches from him and others. Some on this board are major donors to SDSU athletics and don't appreciate those comments. If you want to maintain that attitude, we'll just leave the financial support of the sports programs to the "athletes".

Good luck with that.
                  To me , the perspective of a former coach or player who better understands the inner workings of any sports team is very valuable. Donors , big or small , have the right to their opinions , but being offended by those of someone who has " walked the walk " doesn't seem like a good attitude to have.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    To me , the perspective of a former coach or player who better understands the inner workings of any sports team is very valuable. Donors , big or small , have the right to their opinions , but being offended by those of someone who has " walked the walk " doesn't seem like a good attitude to have.
                    I think his perspective as a USD fan would be more valuable after yesterday. They're used to getting b****-slapped.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      I think his perspective as a USD fan would be more valuable after yesterday. They're used to getting b****-slapped.
                      Unwarranted smack.

This constitutes a warning.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here other than to make a joke or poke a little fun for the simple reason many of you take my flesh because I'm a Coyote fan. But watching the reaction to your loss by so many of you on here has prompted me to post knowing you'll lambast me anyway, but trying to save the dignity of your team.

i will bet that many of you never played one down in a college football game. You have no clue what it takes to prepare, plan, and train for a game, let alone a season. Some of you are professionals and rely on science for a chain of events that happen in a certain sequence at all times. You think if I do this, then "that" will happen. Or if I do that, "this" will happen. Well I hate to tell you sports, and in particular football doesn't work that way. Sometimes the best laid plans fail for whatever reason. Do you really think your head coach woke up last Monday morning and said there's no reason to get this team ready for Illinois State? Do you think your players said to themselves that yes they'll fly out to Normal this weekend, but deep down we don't give a crap if we play well or win?

Wake up will you. In the words of Forest Gump...." **** happens "

There will be Saturdays where Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, USC, UCLA, and Oregon lose. All in the same day. Do you think Saban intentionally planned to lose? Or a Stoops didn't prepare? Hell no. There are just times where it wasn't meant to be. As athletes it's hard to explain, maybe tougher as coaches. But sometimes for whatever reason it doesn't go according to plan. But all you see is whatever it is you want to see. Blame Stig. Blame Zenner. Blame your QB. Blame whoever you want, but don't think for a moment your team sees it like you do. They don't, and other than trying to win your approval as fans cheering them on to play, they dont give a crap what you think. You didn't go through 2 a days in 100 degree heat. You didn't ache so bad you could hardly move. You aren't away from home for weeks away from your family. The only price you pay is the season ticket price and whatever donation you make to buy those tickets. And many of you, like any other fan base, complain about that.

Unless you are in and around that locker room on a daily or regular basis, you don't know why what happened today. And even if you are around it you can't explain it either. It happens. And I will bet it happens again. Quit your whining and accept what happened and get ready for next Saturday. It might be Stigs fault, but I bet it isn't. It might be your teams attitude, but I bet it isn't. It might be just how college football is....yep, I'd bet on that.
                        Great post!!! And ive never played football and dont think im a "major donor", cause im not sure where the cut off is from "major" to "minor"

Comment

As the best player in the NFL said about his team, Jackbattit fans need to R-E-L-A-X.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            Great post!!! And ive never played football and dont think im a "major donor", cause im not sure where the cut off is from "major" to "minor"
                            Not a major donor either, but a consistent donor thru electronic funds transfer. I value yfe comments.
                            No reason to complain.

Comment

Both South Dakota schools should have stayed out of Illinois yesterday.

Comment

Eastern Washington's Vernon Davis will be out 3-6 weeks with a broken foot. With their defense that might cost them the play offs.

Comment

Working...
                                X