Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin's Recovery

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
    I hope beyond hope that the subject of this thread comes to fruition, because if there is a discussion to be had it means that Sumner has made enough of a recovery to be considered to play, and more importantly that this team did a remarkable job of winning games in his absence. Austin is a quality young man, and I am so sad about his injury. This offseason I have talked many times about how nice it would be to see Sumner have a healthy season and really show all of what he can do. He has played well through substantial injuries each of the past two seasons.

It would be a great story to have the team rally around Lujan, win games and have Austin come back in time for a couple of tune ups at the end of the year and then lead this team on a playoff run. Here's hoping it works out.
    I stand with you. 3 "cracked" bones in a foot cause more problems then just a painful foot. Staying in "game shape" is not easy to do. Even throwing the football is tough when you can't bear full weight on your foot. I did not hear the results of the MRI but assuming there isn't significant tendon or ligament injury I think 6 weeks is conservative. 8 weeks seems more realistic. I hope the Jacks have 6 or 7 wins by then and I hope there is a decision to be made.

In the meantime......... #beatcalpoly 1-0 this week.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by timeforachange View Post
      No, I am not austins father, nor a relative...I comment on threads that are totally out of line with reality. This shouldnt be a thread, but when someone decides to create it and make the assumption of quartback battles or what not, you are correct I am going to state the true relevance of what Sumner has brought to this team along with every other player that has sacrificed time and hardwork.
      If it wasn't a thread, somebody would talk about it in every thread from now until Austin comes back. It isn't out of line with reality for fans to talk about what would happen in hypothetical situations. We do it all the time here.

Nobody here is questioning Austin's ability or what he brings to the team. In a perfect world, Austin never gets hurt and everybody is happy. Nobody is rooting against Austin's full and speedy recovery. I would encourage everybody to remember that when reading and replying posts in this thread.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

At the same time we talk about the what if, if Lujan does good, but what if he gets hurt, or what if he really struggles. Then we are going to be wanting a 75% Sumner back in even with a bad foot if Lujan has some rough outings. Sumner has earned the right to get the start assuming he comes back, and Lujan probably knows he has a great chance to play the rest of the year and essentially audition for the front runner spot next year with Little. Its going to be an interesting year for sure.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I had a spiral fracture of my fifth metatarsal a couple years ago. Had to wear a boot for 8 weeks. By the time I got it off, my calf had atrophied significantly and I was much weaker overall and in no condition like I was prior to the injury. The good doctor has already pointed these things out. While I'm no college athlete, the lack of conditioning probably would be an issue for anyone in this situation.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            Nobody here is questioning Austin's ability or what he brings to the team. In a perfect world, Austin never gets hurt and everybody is happy. Nobody is rooting against Austin's full and speedy recovery.
            EXACTLY.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper 76 View Post
              He would be on the peyton watch list then correct?

Not necessarily, I think they do add players as the season goes, and I think players also drop off. I'm in the camp that Sumner is one of the top FCS QB's, top 3? Season is young and he's hurt, so it's a cow's point.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                At the same time we talk about the what if, if Lujan does good, but what if he gets hurt, or what if he really struggles.
                If that happens we'll all be talking about basketball season by November.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  If it wasn't a thread, somebody would talk about it in every thread from now until Austin comes back. It isn't out of line with reality for fans to talk about what would happen in hypothetical situations. We do it all the time here.

Nobody here is questioning Austin's ability or what he brings to the team. In a perfect world, Austin never gets hurt and everybody is happy. Nobody is rooting against Austin's full and speedy recovery. I would encourage everybody to remember that when reading and replying posts in this thread.
                  AMEN!!!!!

Comment

If lujan were to get hurt in the next game or two I would think Little's redshirt would get pulled and he would be playing. If lujan stays healthy and plays well and the team is successful (6-2) when Sumner comes back I say keep Lujan in. It will be a tough decision for sure but that's why Stig gets payed the big bucks

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                      If lujan were to get hurt in the next game or two I would think Little's redshirt would get pulled and he would be playing. If lujan stays healthy and plays well and the team is successful (6-2) when Sumner comes back I say keep Lujan in. It will be a tough decision for sure but that's why Stig gets payed the big bucks
                      Ha! Big bucks. I know you're simply using it as a figure of speech, but it made me laugh. We're lucky we've been so successful with the way we pay coaches in South Dakota.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

The big bucks comments was meant to be sarcastic. Think I read somewhere he gets $160,000/year? Anyone know how that stacks up to USD, NDSU etc...

Comment

The big bucks comments was meant to be sarcastic. Think I read somewhere he gets $160,000/year? Anyone know how that stacks up to USD, NDSU etc...
                          You can look up all state employees salaries here:

http://bfm.sd.gov/ledger/employee.asp

Joe Glenn makes 140K and probably gives that back to the U.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am sure you meant to spell paid and not payed. This wisdom comes courtesy from some one who sat for remedial English exam more then once. Keep posting. Stig got a raise. I think he is at $190,000. Bigger than any bucks I ever earned.
                            Last edited by Nidaros; 09-05-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper 76 View Post
                              Just because he holds records here and is a pre season all conference in a conference that is a predominantly run heavy league doesnt mean he is top three in the country. Is he a good qb, hell yeah. Top ten, definately. Not sure about top three. Im not a professional talent evaluator, but with a rushing threat like ZZ he should be able to put up big numbers with the focus on the run game.
                              I'm adding this prior to reading to the end of the thread. so I can delete it if we are repeating things.
                              but I think you are making the assumption that the coaching staff has not over coached our quarterback (in that he has had the free reign that he might have elsewhere), Now I'm not saying that is the case, but I sure don't know for sure. To me it seems the Zenner right, Zenner Left is the favorite approach for coach Stig when it is working. I believe he prefers to run the ball and in a classic sense. So, Is/Was Austin a top 3 QB? It's hard to disceren one way or the other. But statistically he is the best jackrabbit QB ever (Correct?) Not to mention a very nice person. so I'm a fan!

That being said D1 football is a land of what have you done for me lately... and since we play in Big Boy FB and Not SD HS where everybody gets a ribbon, I beleive the person who is the best at the time should play regardless of history or level in School. If not we are no better than the SDHSAA and it's 7 FB classes in a state with less people than MSP.

If you do not play the best player at the time you are forsaking the experiences of many for the good of an individual.
                              Last edited by slosho; 09-05-2014, 04:54 PM. Reason: Rant.

Comment

So I'm a little behind on this conversation, but from reading back, did someone actually suggest there was an offseason QB battle!? Where do you some of you people come up with this stuff!? If that's the case, then I'm hearing from my sources that Zach Zenner won the starting running back battle in the offseason. I hear the coaches thought he ate too many chalupas at Taco Bell in the offseason and they needed somebody to push him.
                                Well, those are my two cents, I'm going to go over to the Bison board now and tell all of them that their National Championships were flukes......

Comment

Working...
                                X