Week 2: Cal Poly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Week 2: Cal Poly

Hassell runs a 4.4 40 yard dash. A linebacker with that kind of speed and good size is lethal. I'm glad we have him on our side for the next four years.
    "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      How did things turn out?

Also, someone please take Stigs 2 pt conversation card away from him for crying out loud.

It was 16-12 at the half and the Jacks were outgained 231-206; this team has always given the Jacks problems in the past. Just stating facts.
      For the second week in a row, coaching adjustments seemed to make a huge difference and Jacks coaches have clearly outchoached their counterparts the first two games.
      Hope Vandrovec asks about the two-pointer. Didn't seem to make sense at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        It was 16-12 at the half and the Jacks were outgained 231-206; this team has always given the Jacks problems in the past. Just stating facts.
        For the second week in a row, coaching adjustments seemed to make a huge difference and Jacks coaches have clearly outchoached their counterparts the first two games.
        Hope Vandrovec asks about the two-pointer. Didn't seem to make sense at the time.
        He did ask, and Stigs reply was "it was the card."
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          He did ask, and Stigs reply was "it was the card."
          Good one, RR

Comment

A good win! Mears & Gentile made a lot of plays on defense. #7 really struggled on both defense and special teams, hopefully he can watch some film and learn from today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Feels like the past couple years its been the opposite. Its a great feeling.

Comment

Lujan was impressive. He stands in there and goes through his reads and then delivers the ball, usually (though not always) on target. There was one play in the first half when he saw one of the wideouts coming open, looked away at his last option, a swing to Zenner, then came back to the WR on a skinny post and delivered a good pass. I also like the confidence he shows throwing to guys who aren't necessarily open, like the Wieneke play on the Jacks sideline where he threw it up knowing that our guy had the advantage in going up and getting it.

Oh, and Hassell. Holy nutmeg, that guy is fun to watch.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Congrats a very good win Jacks fans!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bizon1 View Post
                    Congrats a very good win Jacks fans!!
                    Thanks. Surprised at how close that Weber game was for the bison.

Somehow Nidaros takes this as a shot at our fanbase :P jk Nidaros

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper 76 View Post
                      Thanks. Surprised at how close that Weber game was for the bison.

Somehow Nidaros takes this as a shot at our fanbase :P jk Nidaros
                      I don't get. No offense to any one. I am in Norway right now. Have limited access to wireless. Did not hear the NDSU score. Great showing by the Jacks. This seven hour time difference makes It crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        I don't get. No offense to any one. I am in Norway right. Have limited access to wireless. Did not hear the NDSU score.
                        The score of the NDSU vs Weber State game was 24-7. Wentz had a below average day. They looked beatable.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                          The score of the NDSU vs Weber State game was 24-7. Wentz had a below average day. They looked beatable.
                          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I don't get. No offense to any one. I am in Norway right now. Have limited access to wireless. Did not hear the NDSU score. Great showing by the Jacks. This seven hour time difference makes It crazy.
                            God Kveld !

Comment

Found these on twitter from what looks like a Cal Poly blogger, it's a big photo gallery of the game, lots of good pictures of both teams and the crowd...http://photos.fansmanship.com/Cal-Po...outh/i-8PSMDdx

Comment

Anyone have information on Cal Poly's #21, Chris Fletcher? He was helped off the field after defending a Lujan to Wieneke pass -- looked like a possible knee injury but maybe was an ankle. He's a pretty good DB.

Anyone have information on the nature of the injury to Cal Poly's PAT kicker? I read in the Argus that the reason Poly did not attempt any kicking PATs was the kicker was injured on the one attempt after Poly's first TD. (The ball hit the left upright and bounced out.) Related to that question: the report said Poly traveled with just one kicker. Mrs. JackJD and I were discussing that: does SDSU travel with more than one kicker capable of hitting field goals and PATs?

Comment

Working...
                                X