Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by jack power View Post
    I found that confusing too. I think in the paragraph you quoted, he's talking about Snyder,who walked on at Iowa.
    According to Kemo , Snyder at one time had an offer from the Jacks , so I think he is talking about Van Ginkel.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
      Midwest kids will work harder and thus develop more.
      I tend to think this is a myth that can not be proven scientifically.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        According to Kemo , Snyder at one time had an offer from the Jacks , so I think he is talking about Van Ginkel.
        Yeah,i think i can see that now....i think. Still confused tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I tend to think this is a myth that can not be proven scientifically.
          Yeah,that assertion by BULLDOG is absurd.

Comment

That rumbling in the ground you hear is the "turning over in the grave" of millions of midwestern grand parents,great-grand parents,etc

Comment

What an idiot!!
              I will second that motion.

Signed, the "F****** Dumbass Dutchman"

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Just to clear, I thought I saw that Snyder was offered last year when I was following our recruiting, however, I very easily could have misremembered (I'm over 30 now, so everything is getting a bit hazy ).

I have no first-hand knowledge of this, however, as most of my information comes from the intraweb.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                  I will second that motion.

Signed, the "F****** Dumbass Dutchman"
                  I will take this as a compliment as well.

Comment

I am glad someone agrees with me.. Working habits and values are pretty much individual values. No region or state has a monopoly on hard work.

Comment

I am glad someone agrees with me.. Working habits and values are pretty much individual values. No region or state has a monopoly on hard work.
                      I'll correct myself in saying it's a regional thing. We've signed some kids the past couple years that are very talented. Probably more talented than you can find in SD or NW Iowa, but their work ethic stinks. I'll take a hard working, less talented kid than a kid who is extremely talented and entitled! I guess we'll have to wait a couple years to see how it shakes out.

Googled Snyder and it says in the article SDSU did not offer him.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/h...0548795df.html

Comment

I'll correct myself in saying it's a regional thing. We've signed some kids the past couple years that are very talented. Probably more talented than you can find in SD or NW Iowa, but their work ethic stinks. I'll take a hard working, less talented kid than a kid who is extremely talented and entitled! I guess we'll have to wait a couple years to see how it shakes out.

Googled Snyder and it says in the article SDSU did not offer him.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/h...0548795df.html
                        I think you know something that most of us do not know. Stinking work ethics? Who would fit that category? I believe all the current roster works pretty hard as far as I can tell. I don't think anyone is gold bricking their way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          Just to clear, I thought I saw that Snyder was offered last year when I was following our recruiting, however, I very easily could have misremembered (I'm over 30 now, so everything is getting a bit hazy ).

I have no first-hand knowledge of this, however, as most of my information comes from the intraweb.
                          I have a standard form I ask each player who NDSU offers fill out. Snyder filled his out and under other offers he did not mention SDSU. Not saying he didnt have one at one point or get one later in the process, but he never told me he had a SDSU offer. This is the first time I have heard Van Ginkle's name, doesnt mean he wasnt high on NDSU's chart though.

Comment

Thanks like Kemo has stated adding Dan Jackson to our staff has made a difference. I am curious are the three Brookings guys still on the Bison Radar screen?
                            There is interest yes, but interest is a vague term in recruiting. I dont know if they will offer Daniel and same goes for Bird. Helpser is an interesting one especially since NDSU is expected to load up on D-line this year. Not sure he is a full offer type of kid, but looking forward to seeing some senior year tape.

Comment

Originally posted by samsrams View Post
                              There is interest yes, but interest is a vague term in recruiting. I dont know if they will offer Daniel and same goes for Bird. Helpser is an interesting one especially since NDSU is expected to load up on D-line this year. Not sure he is a full offer type of kid, but looking forward to seeing some senior year tape.
                              Thanks and I realize you are representing your honest opinion and nothing more. I hope to see at least one BHS game this year.

Comment

TE - Ben Ellefson, 6'4" 220, Hawley, MN - HUDL

Verballed to NDSU, had offer from the Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X