X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Recruiting List

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    TE - Ben Ellefson, 6'4" 220, Hawley, MN - HUDL

Verballed to NDSU, had offer from the Jacks.
    Hawley is the next suburb east of Dilworth that is east of Moorhead. We can't say that we are not trying to pickup people from the NDSU's backyard. Hawley is maybe 45 miles from the NDSU campus. We are trying. Its the jingle of 3 championship rings that puts us at a disadvantage.

Also in the Fargo Forum had this article:

http://www.inforum.com/content/hawle...-ndsu-football

and Kolpach Blog:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90595

Its interesting that SDSU has more 2015 commits then the Bison have. The score is 5 to 2 but its early. I am surprised that Ellefson gave us this much consideration. How many players have we had from the Moorhead area? Few to none would be my guess.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 07-12-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
      I'll correct myself in saying it's a regional thing. We've signed some kids the past couple years that are very talented. Probably more talented than you can find in SD or NW Iowa, but their work ethic stinks. I'll take a hard working, less talented kid than a kid who is extremely talented and entitled! I guess we'll have to wait a couple years to see how it shakes out.

Googled Snyder and it says in the article SDSU did not offer him.

http://siouxcityjournal.com/sports/h...0548795df.html
      Just because we didn't offer doesn't mean we didn't have interest. Stig has told many kids before if they get a chance to play at Iowa or Nebraska to take the opportunity, i.e. Chad Greenway. One a side note, I leave this site for months at a time, and periodically check in. Bulldog your NE Iowa rant is old. We have offers to kids from SD, all over Iowa, NE, MN, WI, MO, KS, CO, all regional kids. Building our team primarily of kids from NW Iowa wont work. That is called the USD method. Get over come to reality that we aren't going to recruit everyone of the kids you follow.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
        Just because we didn't offer doesn't mean we didn't have interest. Stig has told many kids before if they get a chance to play at Iowa or Nebraska to take the opportunity, i.e. Chad Greenway.
        I get what you're trying to say here, but Greenway probably wasn't the best example.

Stig told Chad that if he chose SDSU he could start at any position he wanted his freshman year. That's not exactly telling Chad he should take the opportunity to go play for Iowa. The offer was certainly there.

If a SD player gets a scholarship offer from Iowa or Nebraska, I don think they need Stig to tell them it is a better opportunity. In most cases, it's a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
          I get what you're trying to say here, but Greenway probably wasn't the best example.

Stig told Chad that if he chose SDSU he could start at any position he wanted his freshman year. That's not exactly telling Chad he should take the opportunity to go play for Iowa. The offer was certainly there.

If a SD player gets a scholarship offer from Iowa or Nebraska, I don think they need Stig to tell them it is a better opportunity. In most cases, it's a no brainer.
          I've heard an interview from Greenway saying 'Stig told me to go to Iowa' etc. It was around the time State played the U of M. Point being, I believe Stig said it was totally fine for him to head down to Iowa City and that he wouldn't be disappointed.
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
            Bulldog your NE Iowa rant is old. We have offers to kids from SD, all over Iowa, NE, MN, WI, MO, KS, CO, all regional kids. Building our team primarily of kids from NW Iowa wont work. That is called the USD method. Get over come to reality that we aren't going to recruit everyone of the kids you follow.
            I'm sorry, but + 1. It's getting old.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Right on. Its getting very old.

Comment

You must have been a witness to this conversation, that highlighted in bold. Surely, you heard it first hand.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  I've heard an interview from Greenway saying 'Stig told me to go to Iowa' etc. It was around the time State played the U of M. Point being, I believe Stig said it was totally fine for him to head down to Iowa City and that he wouldn't be disappointed.
                  My point is unless these kids have strong ties to SDSU or a strong relationship that they've developed with Stig through the recruiting process, they shouldn't feel bad about not attending SDSU nor need his permission to go elsewhere. He's not the gatekeeper of all SD recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    You must have been a witness to this conversation, that highlighted in bold. Surely, you heard it first hand.
                    Please carry on adding nothing to this board and being an old curmudgeon. And please, keep sending me PMs with the subject line "F*****g Dumbass Dutchman". I won't expect anything less. Stay classy in your representation of SDSU to us NW Iowans. That's one solid recruiting pitch.

Comment

Please carry on adding nothing to this board and being an old curmudgeon. And please, keep sending me PMs with the subject line "F*****g Dumbass Dutchman". I won't expect anything less. Stay classy in your representation of SDSU to us NW Iowans. That's one solid recruiting pitch.
                      Gee thanks You stay classy too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Gee thanks You stay classy too.
                        Knock it off.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

A few facts for consideration regarding recruiting:

1) The current model is working (wins in the playoffs the last two years).

2) Two of the three true freshmen that played last Fall were from South Dakota and had a major positive impact (Langer & Trenhaile).

3) There are two NE Iowa freshmen who had performed very well in the Spring Game (# 27 Lousher - fullback; # 28 Balster - defensive back). I anticipate they will both travel and see time this Fall.

Can we move on now?

Comment

Originally posted by Reality View Post

2) Two of the three true freshmen that played last Fall were from South Dakota and had a major positive impact (Langer & Tren

3) There are two NE Iowa freshmen who had performed very well in the Spring Game (# 27 Lousher - fullback; # 28 Balster - defensive back). I anticipate they will both travel and see time this Fall.

Can we move on now?
                            Tell more about those two new kids, if you can, please. And thanks for the note.

Comment

2) Two of the three true freshmen that played last Fall were from South Dakota and had a major positive impact (Langer & Trenhaile).

Can we move on now?
                              ...and we have had success with recruits from AZ.

Comment

Can we move on now?
                                Yes we can. I agree with all of your points. The current system is working. I find the fact that Ellefson was interested in SDSU a big plus. Had we landed him, it would have been a very interesting change in recruiting patterns of NDSU and SDSU. Trenhaile, is a great snapper, and we did not have to spend a bunch of dollars recruiting him. And our AZ recruits have worked just fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X