Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Pure truth spoken here. Every. Single. Word. And through it all, you guys will still be middle of the conference. Mark. It. Down.
    TIL finishing in second place (behind the three time defending national champion) two years in a row is middle of the conference. Huh.
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Okay...I'll give you that. It is definitely a success...just a personal frustration of my own about mid-major stuff...
      Maybe that we can agree on. Making the tourny is great, but making it further than the 1st round is an accomplishment a cinderella run is a big deal for mid majors for sure. see maybe your not all that unresonable after all.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        TIL finishing in second place (behind the three time defending national champion) two years in a row is middle of the conference. Huh.
        Middle of the conference could easily happen (but was prolly a bad exaggeration...sorry). You think UNI is not going to be a beast? Youngstown will get better. Southern Illinois and Illinois St need to be kept an eye on as well. I just don't know what to think about USD. Sometimes they are like a dumpster fire, but then they have Joe Glenn. As long as he's around I wouldn't count them out...except against us...they just can't play with us for some reason...don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Maybe that we can agree on. Making the tourny is great, but making it further than the 1st round is an accomplishment a cinderella run is a big deal for mid majors for sure. see maybe your not all that unresonable after all.
          Agreed completely. Getting a win would be more than great...would be the biggest thing in either of our schools' history.

Comment

Middle of the conference could easily happen (but was prolly a bad exaggeration...sorry). You think UNI is not going to be a beast? Youngstown will get better. Southern Illinois and Illinois St need to be kept an eye on as well. I just don't know what to think about USD. Sometimes they are like a dumpster fire, but then they have Joe Glenn. As long as he's around I wouldn't count them out...except against us...they just can't play with us for some reason...don't get it.
            Thanks, it certainly won't be easy, and I'm sure SDSU will be middle of the pack some years. We might even be bottom half some years.

Bear with me here, but you have also made a pretty strong case for why NDSU could also end up middle of the conference any given year. We play in a really good league. NDSU doesn't have to "fall" very far before 3-4 losses could become a reality. Such is the life of a king, I suppose.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Wow this is awful.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                Wow this is awful.
                Yeah, this thread has pretty much been a dumpster fire, hasn't it?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Thanks, it certainly won't be easy, and I'm sure SDSU will be middle of the pack some years. We might even be bottom half some years.

Bear with me here, but you have also made a pretty strong case for why NDSU could also end up middle of the conference any given year. We play in a really good league. NDSU doesn't have to "fall" very far before 3-4 losses could become a reality. Such is the life of a king, I suppose.
                  I sure am not naive enough (despite what goon thinks ) NDSU will win the conference every year. I'm hoping for 2nd place or better next year. I would not be surprised with two losses in the conference...and hoping not 3...but it could happen. We lost a gargantuan amount of experience...we still have a lot of talent, but the experience will take time. I would say we will be better than the 2010 Bison team that went 4-4 in the conference, beat Kansas, and lost in the quarterfinals to EWU...but then again the 2010 Bison had no business being in the playoffs that year in the first place.

Comment

I sure am not naive enough (despite what goon thinks ) NDSU will win the conference every year. I'm hoping for 2nd place or better next year. I would not be surprised with two losses in the conference...and hoping not 3...but it could happen. We lost a gargantuan amount of experience...we still have a lot of talent, but the experience will take time. I would say we will be better than the 2010 Bison team that went 4-4 in the conference, beat Kansas, and lost in the quarterfinals to EWU...but then again the 2010 Bison had no business being in the playoffs that year in the first place.
                    Seriously - do you think anybody cares on this Board? Really? Post the Bison 411 on Bisonville. This is a Jack's Board. I mean talk about serious thread drift. Goon tried to get it back on track. The gist of the topic was - I'll state it simply - SDSU has had very good success recruiting Minnesota players, NDSU had better success, NDSU coach is now gone pipeline burst, thus SDSU has huge opportunity for Minnesota recruiting. Example - the 18 current Minnesota players on the Jack roster.

NDSU could not survive without Minnesota. North Dakota's population is too small. I'm not even talking football. NDSU has advertising signs up in the Twin Cities trying to recruit students because - without Minnesota support for NDSU with Minnesota population - NDSU is hurting. In everything... good thing they found oil in the west.

I think we could all agree SDSU would survive just fine without Minnesota students. But they help - aka greatest Jackrabbit player ever - Jim Langer....
                    I also believe the greatest SDSU basketball player ever - from Minnesota. So....

Following the logic here - how many football Hall of Fame members does NDSU have? Same as Viking Super Bowl winners??? Its like the old joke... How many NDSU fans does it take to change a light bulb? 10. 1 to change it and 9 to talk about how good the old light bulb was.

Again - SDSU has raised its profile in the Twin Cities. That is a fact. KFAN still plays "Touchdown JackRabbits" on Barraro's show. Huge opportunity for more Minnesota recruits and raise it even higher. Having Zenner, Gandy, Schneider, etc. helps. It is all about contact with the High School coaches too.

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                      Seriously - do you think anybody cares on this Board? Really? Post the Bison 411 on Bisonville. This is a Jack's Board. I mean talk about serious thread drift. Goon tried to get it back on track. The gist of the topic was - I'll state it simply - SDSU has had very good success recruiting Minnesota players, NDSU had better success, NDSU coach is now gone pipeline burst, thus SDSU has huge opportunity for Minnesota recruiting. Example - the 18 current Minnesota players on the Jack roster.

NDSU could not survive without Minnesota. North Dakota's population is too small. I'm not even talking football. NDSU has advertising signs up in the Twin Cities trying to recruit students because - without Minnesota support for NDSU with Minnesota population - NDSU is hurting. In everything... good thing they found oil in the west.

I think we could all agree SDSU would survive just fine without Minnesota students. But they help - aka greatest Jackrabbit player ever - Jim Langer....
                      I also believe the greatest SDSU basketball player ever - from Minnesota. So....

Following the logic here - how many football Hall of Fame members does NDSU have? Same as Viking Super Bowl winners??? Its like the old joke... How many NDSU fans does it take to change a light bulb? 10. 1 to change it and 9 to talk about how good the old light bulb was.

Again - SDSU has raised its profile in the Twin Cities. That is a fact. KFAN still plays "Touchdown JackRabbits" on Barraro's show. Huge opportunity for more Minnesota recruits and raise it even higher. Having Zenner, Gandy, Schneider, etc. helps. It is all about contact with the High School coaches too.

Go Jacks!!!
                      The pipeline has burst? bwahahahahahahaha...you are as naive as they come. Please show me a player that you got over us where we had matching offers. Please.

NDSU is hurting? Really? 3-peat. You don't even have three playoff wins. Seriously. Honestly. Please. bwahahahahahahaha. Hurting? bwahahahahahahahahahaha. 11 championships spanning how many coaches? Hurting. Right. Next. Man. Up. We don't rebuild. We reload...but that concept is foreign to you.

How many SDSU fans does it take to get to Frisco? Answer: Nobody will ever know. Can you follow that logic?

So SDSU has raised its profile in the Twin Cities? Good for you. BTW, how much has Zenner helped you in getting better than NDSU? Oh yeah, one Zenner.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post

Go Jacks!!!
                        I hadn't heard that joke before. Rep.

Comment

The pipeline has burst? bwahahahahahahaha...you are as naive as they come. Please show me a player that you got over us where we had matching offers. Please.

NDSU is hurting? Really? 3-peat. You don't even have three playoff wins. Seriously. Honestly. Please. bwahahahahahahaha. Hurting? bwahahahahahahahahahaha. 11 championships spanning how many coaches? Hurting. Right. Next. Man. Up. We don't rebuild. We reload...but that concept is foreign to you.

How many SDSU fans does it take to get to Frisco? Answer: Nobody will ever know. Can you follow that logic?

So SDSU has raised its profile in the Twin Cities? Good for you. BTW, how much has Zenner helped you in getting better than NDSU? Oh yeah, one Zenner.
                          I figured I would start translating your posts since Bison fans obviously speak a different language than us. Perhaps it would also help illuminate how ridiculous Bison fans sound.

NDSU has never and will never lose a recruit to SDSU. In cases where it appears this could have happened, there was obviously interference from said player's father or we didn't really want that player anyway. Losers.

Even though SDSU has one of the best programs in the nation and has probably improved more than any other FCS in America over the last decade, you will never win a single DII championship. Losers.

SDSU has never and will never do anything in the playoffs. Losers.

Comment

I figured I would start translating your posts since Bison fans obviously speak a different language than us. Perhaps it would also help illuminate how ridiculous Bison fans sound.

NDSU has never and will never lose a recruit to SDSU. In cases where it appears this could have happened, there was obviously interference from said player's father or we didn't really want that player anyway. Losers.

Even though SDSU has one of the best programs in the nation and has probably improved more than any other FCS in America over the last decade, you will never win a single DII championship. Losers.

SDSU has never and will never do anything in the playoffs. Losers.
                            So we agree.

Comment

Until the Jacks beat the Bison on the field, it might be best just to temper that attitude a bit. No matter how nice the Indoor Practice Field is, or how nice the new Stadium looks, the Bizon still have a trophy case full of National Championships to show recruits.
                              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                                Until the Jacks beat the Bison on the field, it might be best just to temper that attitude a bit. No matter how nice the Indoor Practice Field is, or how nice the new Stadium looks, the Bizon still have a trophy case full of National Championships to show recruits.
                                Minnesota has a lot of national championship and Rose Bowl trophies to show recruits too. To bad they happened in the past. Before most of us were born.

The attitude of Jack fans are fine. The future is bright. The whole point of this post is that there are a lot of Minnesota players being missed by the Gophers. Including the O-linemen they just lost to Arkansas and Alabama.

A minor point I am/was/still trying to make is the coach who won those trophies in the case to the North is gone. He went to all places - Wyoming???? Wyoming?????? I think he really wanted the Gopher job. But who cares. With Bohl gone - it really opens the door for Stig. - Last time I'm going to beat this dead horse.

I can't wait for signing day on Wednesday. Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X