Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zenner, Kilgore, and more make the 2013 NCAA All-Minnesota Team

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
    It is funny how you have a big post about absolutely nothing...like most/all of your posts. You are going on a hope...hoping our new coaching staff isn't great...yet you still have the same coaching staff. You pull some decent players, no doubt...you even get a Zenner (worth exactly 4 yards) once in a while. History teaches you do nothing with them. History teaches the Bison will claw there way to the top. History is a good indicator of the future. Life is good to be a Bison, and for your to argue differently shows you just want to argue. Hey, it's your reputation...keep it coming.
    Instead of snide comments and talk of how great the NDSU program has been, why not actually talk about the topic at point. NDSU is at a point that maybe they will slide from the top, SDSU is at a point to reach higher levels and that may help in recruiting an NDSU hotbed. Your avoiding the topic like usual while trying to belittle others. Try some humility; it might do you some good. No one is saying NDSU will suck next year, no one is saying SDSU will win it all. Just that SDSU has a chance to gain some ground on NDSU in the next handful of years. It’s impossible to have a rational conversation with NDSU fans. It’s fine if you disagree, but make that argument instead of being a jerk about it. But if that’s how you roll, who am I to stop you.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

To be honest, I know Jack fans do not all think this way...it is mainly goon and a few others. He just makes it so much fun to prove how ignorant he is...it is hard to resist.
      You have only proven you like to call people names, try debating the topic, I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but you can't seem to handle people who don't agree with you, so there must be a lot of ignorant people in this world if they dont just simply kiss the hallowed grounds of NDSU. Wise up.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Instead of snide comments and talk of how great the NDSU program has been, why not actually talk about the topic at point. NDSU is at a point that maybe they will slide from the top, SDSU is at a point to reach higher levels and that may help in recruiting an NDSU hotbed. Your avoiding the topic like usual while trying to belittle others. Try some humility; it might do you some good. No one is saying NDSU will suck next year, no one is saying SDSU will win it all. Just that SDSU has a chance to gain some ground on NDSU in the next handful of years. It’s impossible to have a rational conversation with NDSU fans. It’s fine if you disagree, but make that argument instead of being a jerk about it. But if that’s how you roll, who am I to stop you.
        I think it is hard for you to have a rational conversation with anybody...just sayin'.

Comment

The meltdown on Bisonville will be a thing to behold after a 3 loss season, much less a losing season at some point.

What's the over under on consecutive national championships the Bison will win? I'd put it at around 100, based on how NDSU fans feel about their football program.

Every program eventually falls off. Every. Single. One.

NDSU will no doubt be in a good position to rebuild once that slide happens though.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think it is hard for you to have a rational conversation with anybody...just sayin'.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              I like how in one thread you argue post season success brings better recruits (even though the head coach is gone), while in another you argue post season success isn't a big deal for landing recruits (even though the head coach has been there forever).

Now that is some fantastic message board logic, you better sit down to catch your breath TAB.
              What post season success? My point was they lose in the first round every stinking time...doesn't seem like success to me. And, there is a difference between being at the top of your division and a last second addition, no?

Comment

The meltdown on Bisonville will be a thing to behold after a 3 loss season, much less a losing season at some point.

What's the over under on consecutive national championships the Bison will win? I'd put it at around 100, based on how NDSU fans feel about their football program.

Every program eventually falls off. Every. Single. One.

NDSU will no doubt be in a good position to rebuild once that slide happens though.
                Pure truth spoken here. Every. Single. Word. And through it all, you guys will still be middle of the conference. Mark. It. Down.

Comment

What post season success? My point was they lose in the first round every stinking time...doesn't seem like success to me. And, there is a difference between being at the top of your division and a last second addition, no?
                  So if making the NCAA tourny is not a success, no wonder you dont follow NDSU basketball since they must be complete failures if they dont win a national championship. Its call perspective, try it sometime.

Comment

No inside knowledge, but I think you are waaaay off base here TAB. We've had multiple assistants move up to FBS (or NFL for that matter) and retain title, I would guess Stig could do the same if he really wanted to. Stig has STRONG roots in SD. Not saying somebody couldn't snatch him away, but its not like he is dreaming of landing his dream job at Wyoming. Speaking of Wyoming, they must have 12 natties or something to lure a great coach like Bohl (and his recruits) away from NDSU. Either that or Bohl is a huge Rodeo fan. Just sayin'.
                    It sucks losing Bohl to Wyoming...no getting around that. Freaking Wyoming? Yeah, still trying to wrap my brain around that one.

You might have had some assistants go on to do some big things, but Stig is just out of his element once he hits the playoffs. What has happened now? You've had Zenner, but you had to really lean on him as Sumner has not developed. I don't think anybody is looking at Stig. I for one am okay with that.

Comment

Pure truth spoken here. Every. Single. Word. And through it all, you guys will still be middle of the conference. Mark. It. Down.
                      Your struggling, its actually kinda pathetic. Make a friendly wager? Next year SDSU finishes ahead of NDSU in the confrence and goes further in the playoffs?

Comment

So if making the NCAA tourny is not a success, no wonder you dont follow NDSU basketball since they must be complete failures if they dont win a national championship. Its call perspective, try it sometime.
                        For somebody who doesn't like snide remarks, you sure dish them out. Pot, meet kettle.

Comment

This thread is almost as good as the one in the smack that went on for 12 pages without anything funny being posted. Any chance we can merge those so that I only have to ignore one?

Thank you in advance.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Your struggling, its actually kinda pathetic. Make a friendly wager? Next year SDSU finishes ahead of NDSU in the confrence and goes further in the playoffs?
                            Struggling? I fear not...I'm just being honest.

I don't gamble. Sorry. That can be your moral victory.

Comment

For somebody who doesn't like snide remarks, you sure dish them out. Pot, meet kettle.
                              Just some friendly advice but take it as you will. Most schools and most fans in most confrences would say making back to back NCAA tournys to be a success even if they dont will it all. Perspective. If you do something like play in the national tourny when no one else in the confrence gets to do, thats a success to most rational people. Your warped by your football 3peat. Most schools thrive to be successful and reach the NCAA tourny, win the confrence and move on. Somehow thats not good enough level of success?

Comment

Just some friendly advice but take it as you will. Most schools and most fans in most confrences would say making back to back NCAA tournys to be a success even if they dont will it all. Perspective. If you do something like play in the national tourny when no one else in the confrence gets to do, thats a success to most rational people. Your warped by your football 3peat. Most schools thrive to be successful and reach the NCAA tourny, win the confrence and move on. Somehow thats not good enough level of success?
                                Okay...I'll give you that. It is definitely a success...just a personal frustration of my own about mid-major stuff...

Comment

Working...
                                X