Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coach Shannon Moore

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    I think there are some similarities between Coach Meadows situation and Coach Moore's. But even if Southern Miss was terrible, I'd rather end up coaching there vs. the Florida North, South, East, West, Disney schools. Good move Coach Meadows.

Luke Meadows has shown a lot of class, especially and even after he left SDSU. He loves his current and former players and lets them know that. You have to tip your hat to him and respect him for that because he goes way beyond the job.
    I dont think there were any issues with Meadows with other coaches, or admin, or players. I assume both him and Moore are/were at a point it was time to make a change for a variety of reasons. Also i think your right as bad as some schools or situations might be I see that as a better opertunity and, who knows but you turn that program around and your name gets mentioned at other schools bigger programs etc. I really feel like black hills state screwed up when they didnt go with meadows when he was in the running for their HC a few years ago. I wonder if Meadows is looking to get to a bigger program big 10/12ish as a line coach down the road. I think he would honestly be great at that. his passion for coaching is there and seems contagious, and coaching/recruiting oline is what he really seems to be the best at. I mean if Conklin can work his way to good positions since leaving SDSU I suspect Moore will be able to also.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sometimes I feel this message board is the old exercise of one kid starting with one message and whispering to the next kid, who in turn whispers to the next kid, and so on and a completely different message comes out in the end-purple-monkey-dishwasher.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by DakJacks View Post
        I was really hoping to get a chance to get into the discussion but was unable to which disappoints me. It was real interesting watching TK22867 do all of his talking. It made me realize that he talks a good game and really thinks he knows a lot about Coach Stig, Coach Moore, SDSU football, and even Ron Turner. It makes me feel like he played for him while he was at Illinois or Stanford or with the Bears, Bucs, or Colts. It was amazing how much he knows. But it really made me realize he doesn’t really know much about anything. I am not sure what I post is a know all, but I feel it has merit since I played for these coaches and was involved in the program lately.

I am not sure if this is a promotion or not but what I can tell you is that ask any coach around and their goal is to be at the FBS level. Is this a high profile job? I don’t know but name one assistant that has left SDSU for a high profile job at the FBS level. There isn’t one. Does Moore deserve this job I don’t know but when you look at what he has done here I think he has shown his ability. Coach Stig always gave us the team goals set out the previous year and since I was a special teams guy only I kept them. Lets look at his five years as the Special Teams Coordinator and what they did:

2009 - #1 combined Special Teams in conference
        2010 - #1 combined Special Teams in conference
        2011 – tied for 1st in combined Special Teams in conference
        2012 – 3rd in combined Special Teams in conference
        2013 – 3rd in combined Special Teams in conference (NOT SURE IF THIS IS RIGHT AS I WAS NOT PART OF PROGRAM)
        Now contrary to what most believe, every coach only coaches one unit (the only other thing Moore did was set up the practice plan during practice – no scheme talk or anything – each coach did their own)
        2009 – KOR - #1 in conference, #9 in FCS
        2010 – KO - #1 in conference, #1 in FCS in yards defended per return
        2011 – KO - #1 in conference, #1 in FCS in yards defended per return
        2012 – KO - #2 in conference, #11 in FCS in yards defended per return
        2013 – Punt – first time in 4 years a punt was not blocked and Sawyer was #3 in Net punting
        **5 special teams players in 5 years on the conference teams
        **6 Tight Ends and 4 running backs on all conference teams

I would like TK22867 or KULaw to find another coach in the conference able to do that in 5 years. And I really hope you or KULaw apply for the job so we can see how good you do because it is obvious you know everything (just look at your posts).
        I played for Coach Moore and if you talk to Stig, players, coaches that were around him he was a great coach. I hope he gets more support down there than he did here.
        I will miss him even if no one else does.
        Thanks for taking the time to do some actual research as opposed to stating an opinion based on a play or two here or there, which may or may not have been the designed play. I would also encourage the other readers who have a less than favorable view of Coach Moore, to look at those athletes he played a role in recruiting. For example, the good Chicago players, tight ends, and specialty players, etc.

Comment

First time I've seen this so excuse me for rolling into the party late as well. I'm very excited for Shannon! He's a great guy, a great coach, and the sky is the limit for him. You heard it here first that I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a BCS conference within 10 years. Same with Meadows.

Obviously, I'm biased having played for both of them my entire career (minus 1 year with Moore), but they are uniquely talented coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            Nick Saban brought Lane in specifically to run a more uptempo offense.
            After this week's developments in the new snap/playclock rules and Saban's testimony, do you still think this is the case?

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              After this week's developments in the new snap/playclock rules and Saban's testimony, do you still think this is the case?
              You can still be somewhat uptempo and not run the HUNH offense somewhat. Saban is just being a baby and hiding behind player safety to get his way.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
              X