GDT - Jackrabbits vs EWU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: EWU GDT

I HATE to lose!!! I have a sick feeling in my stomach because we let this one slip away. Their QB is a stud, and they made the better halftime adjustments! The stupid fake punt hurt, but didn't cost us the game. I would like to know if ZZ was hurt and how bad! Look forward to another great season next year.....tailgaitn and all!

Comment

Anyone else feel sick after watching that? Not that we lost but how horrible the field was to watch. Much worse and hard to see then the blue from boise.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Can we start a thread talking about next year yet?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Anyone else feel sick after watching that? Not that we lost but how horrible the field was to watch. Much worse and hard to see then the blue from boise.
          I was. That field is horrible.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Unfair to judge our performance past the fake punt call. Deflated everyone after that.

Stig, Moore, everyone associated with that call should feel bad about it.

Just when I was starting to have faith in our staff again.

This horse will be black and blue by the time I'm done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
              Unfair to judge our performance past the fake punt call. Deflated everyone after that.

Stig, Moore, everyone associated with that call should feel bad about it.

Just when I was starting to have faith in our staff again.

This horse will be black and blue by the time I'm done with it.
              I'm pretty sure they can make alot of improvement over the off season and come up with a mind set that just makes us better. The players will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                I'm pretty sure they can make alot of improvement over the off season and come up with a mind set that just makes us better. The players will be there.
                This is true. We can kick the dog a few more times and turn a few circles talking dirty. However, 2013 is in the books and we can hope that 2014 takes us a step further into the season. I hate to see the seniors go out with this loss, but they have made a run deeper than many Jackrabbits in the past. The first half gave me an idea that they could get the win. It was an above average year which I thought might get better.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Re: GDT - Jackrabbits vs EWU

I'm proud of the guys, these last 6 weeks have been some of the most fun that I remember. Watching this team and the coaches evolve from a 4-4 team to a 9 win team has been a treasure.

With that said, Stig and Co were simply out coached today. How many times were we going to run the motion play with Gandy before we realized it wasn't going to work after the first two times. How about when the coaches couldn't decide what formation to run on a 2nd & 1, so we waste a timeout, then come out of that TO with a delay of game penalty. How about the dumb timeout right before half, how about the confusion and delay of game on the 2nd half opening kickoff. Stig can say what he wants, but the fake punt call is on him. The part that ticks me off so much about all of this, is the fact that we've seen it before (most notably the first NDSU game last year). EWU made adjustments at half, and we kept trying to run the same 6 plays.

I'm excited about what next year can bring with all the talent we are going to return. I would like to think that we will be good enough for a seed next year, and I feel we should be able to make a run in the playoffs. Good season Jacks, work hard and make next year special!

Comment

• GDT - Jackrabbits vs EWU

BG13 said enough. Time out on 2 and 1 followed by a delay penalty? That is not excusable. Plenty of blame should be properly placed on the coaches. Defend away, this was a winnable game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Seems like some of you are forgetting that this was our 3rd plane/ road trip in a row. That absolutely impacted the game today. We we're worn down. Considering the situation we were in at 4 and 4, congratulations goes to the players and coaches for getting back to the playoffs.

FYI - We were outstanding on the punt team, this year. First year I don't remember giving up a blocked punt in many years. We gave up 2 vs. Kansas in the opener last year. Plus, no team returned a punt return for a TD against us this year.

Comment

Originally posted by csgame View Post
                        Seems like some of you are forgetting that this was our 3rd plane/ road trip in a row. That absolutely impacted the game today. We we're worn down. Considering the situation we were in at 4 and 4, congratulations goes to the players and coaches for getting back to the playoffs.

FYI - We were outstanding on the punt team, this year. First year I don't remember giving up a blocked punt in many years. We gave up 2 vs. Kansas in the opener last year. Plus, no team returned a punt return for a TD against us this year.
                        I was going to say the same thing. The last 4 weeks we've had an emotional rivalry game with USD, a flight out to Ohio to beat Youngstown, a flight to Arizona and another flight to Washington. I give the coaches a ton of credit for breaking down video and coming up with a great gameplan against NAU on a short week and through the first half of today's game.

It was a frustrating in the middle part of the season because I think we all knew along the potential for the team, and for awhile there it looked like it was going to be a wasted season. But you've got to give the team credit for battling and rattling off the 5 wins leading up to EWU. There's no shame to losing to the #3 team in the country on their home field. We put up a good fight in the first half but simply ran out of gas.

Comment

I think our athletic dept is missing out by not hiring some of you people for coaching jobs. Whether its football or basketball. You all would certainly do a better job than the guys we have. Of course its easy to come on a a forum and critisize a play call when it doesnt work and say we should have done this or should have done that. I have a feeling its not that easy down there on the field. But hey, what do i know. Im not a coach either.

Comment

I flew five days a week for three months while doing a detail with the Federal Air Marshalls plus having to drive an hour and ten min to get to the airport and back. At least twice a week two trips were over nighters. Flight times were never the same ranging early morning to late at night with short turnarounds. I felt no ill effects from doing this. Coarse I didnt play a football game in between but to blame going on a trip once a week with five days to rest in between for their play is the easy way out. These guys are in great shape and can handle that. They were outcoached ,out played in the second half and that stupid fake punt gave the momentum to eastern. How can you change the play and not have everyone know it especially the punter. Boneheaded, it did change the game. Running the same plays over and over. Not finding plays to get Zenner going. Taking him out, maybe for injury, he was limping, or to protect his 2000yd season. Seems every big game there is a fail. I was Pissed off all night. Hey bright spot, theres an opening up north for a coach.

Comment

For a team that went 9-5 and made it into the second round of the playoffs in impressive style, this team sure had to absorb a lot of criticism this year, especially during the middle of the season. Appreciation is overdue. Thanks for the excitement this season, Jacks. Well done.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Next year,i hope they work on communication skills,whoever "they" are.At the same time,appreciative of all the effort and dedication put forth to make the playoffs.It was fun,but somewhat frustrating at times,but thats sports,it's so unpredictable.Next year should be even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X