Hobo Day Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Day Weather

Well folks, it may only be the first week of October, but be prepared to pack your winter coats. As of right now the forecast reads as mid 40's, windy, and rainy. Temps in the 80's and 90's on Monday and Tuesday and cold rainy and snowy on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday......classic South Dakota. Lets hope the forecast is wrong like it has been the last 2 home games.

Re: Hobo Day Weather

and if the forecast is accurate, just imagine you're going to Lambeau or the old Met in late November, early December (for those who haven't experienced winter tailgating, just pretend you're going ice fishing).

Comment

Wife and I were laughing at the forcast this morning. Pretty hilarious.

77 tuesday, 80 wednesday, 70 thursday, 57 friday, 41 (and 50% chance rain/snow) saturday.

Must be Hobo Day!
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

When i first saw the schedule and saw that Hobo Day was the first week in Oct instead of the Nov, my first thought was we werent going to have to worry about cold weather. Ive lived in South Dakota all my life. I should have known better.

Comment

Frankie knows weather so:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMaut...fb&app=desktop

Order your Pizzas and Chinese Food and Buy Bottle of Water and Cases of Pepsi and Coke now!

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post

Order your Pizzas and Chinese Food and Buy Bottle of Water and Cases of Pepsi and Coke now!
            All, I can say is WOW!

Comment

Originally posted by SidelineObserver View Post

I know I'll be prepared...thanks to Frankie....Go Jacks!!!

Comment

TV tweeted that Stig said the fields are already wetter than they were at any time last week, and as we all know, more rain is to come. It's been raining all morning here in Beadle County. It looks like the yellow jerseys are going to be getting dirty fast this week.

On a side note, the Hills are going to get destroyed this weekend. According to Keloland Deadwood is suppose to get 25", Spearfish is suppose to get 20", and Rapid City is suppose to get 18" of snow, they have the rest of west river getting about 6". It's going to be a heck of an early blizzard out west, safe travels to all this weekend.

Comment

Jackrabbits UNITE!!! We cant let the weather hold us back from a great tradition and celebration. Hopefully the Jacks can get back to their winning ways against a very underrated SIU club! A loss here could be detrimental to this season. We need every fan to come and get jacked!

Comment

Im not a weather expert but watching the Kelo future scan at 6, it looks to me like most of the rain will be north and west. But i'll wait till tommorrow night to decide if going to get up early and drive up for the parade. If its raining, i'll pass. I'll sit at a football game if its raining but not a parade. Now my wife would probably sit at a parade in the rain but not the football game. So who knows, we might end up getting wet all day.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Im not a weather expert but watching the Kelo future scan at 6, it looks to me like most of the rain will be north and west. But i'll wait till tommorrow night to decide if going to get up early and drive up for the parade. If its raining, i'll pass. I'll sit at a football game if its raining but not a parade. Now my wife would probably sit at a parade in the rain but not the football game. So who knows, we might end up getting wet all day.
                      Don't forget about z tailgate!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                        Don't forget about z tailgate!
                        We dont tailgate. We do our pregame at cubbies

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                          We dont tailgate. We do our pregame at cubbies
                          Get a rope.

Comment

Spread the word...the weather is looking better every hour that passes. Both Accuweather and The Weather Channel have dropped their precipitation forecasts significantly for Saturday. Good chance that we will see very light if any showers for both the parade and the football game. And the weather today is heading out of Brookings with little if any light showers. Weather tomorrow now looks like two bands...snow and cold out west, and rain, hail and possible tornado weather heading northeast to the south of us. High temp has moved steadily up, even though slightly, with highs of 48 now up from 42. And TWC, which usually has higher winds predicted than Accuweather, has dropped its wind forecast for Brookings from 20 mph to 10 mph during much of the day. Along with the outstanding announcement to be made tomorrow (at noon) by the Athletic Department, fans need to mount up and close in on Brookings! GET JACKED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                              Get a rope.
                              Not sure this is what you were referring to, but I immediately thought of stand up comedian Brian Regan's doctor bit..."Big fat mole man walking out of your office...Thanks for the confidence boost..I'm off to the Macy's Day Parade, grab a rope!"
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X