Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hobo Day Weather

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    Not sure this is what you were referring to, but I immediately thought of stand up comedian Brian Regan's doctor bit..."Big fat mole man walking out of your office...Thanks for the confidence boost..I'm off to the Macy's Day Parade, grab a rope!"
    More like, "This salsa's made in New York City?!"

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
      More like, "This salsa's made in New York City?!"
      From the New York City Salsa king I'll be watching the two FCS undefeated teams play in the Bronx in 70's, and sunny weather, while my Los Angeles brother soaks up (unless he brought a good winter raincoat) the Jackrabbits beating the skinny dawgs.

Great weekend for the Jacks to get rolling again toward the play-offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        Spread the word...the weather is looking better every hour that passes. Both Accuweather and The Weather Channel have dropped their precipitation forecasts significantly for Saturday. Good chance that we will see very light if any showers for both the parade and the football game. And the weather today is heading out of Brookings with little if any light showers. Weather tomorrow now looks like two bands...snow and cold out west, and rain, hail and possible tornado weather heading northeast to the south of us. High temp has moved steadily up, even though slightly, with highs of 48 now up from 42. And TWC, which usually has higher winds predicted than Accuweather, has dropped its wind forecast for Brookings from 20 mph to 10 mph during much of the day. Along with the outstanding announcement to be made tomorrow (at noon) by the Athletic Department, fans need to mount up and close in on Brookings! GET JACKED!!!
        KELO just ran future scans for tomorrow and it showed little if any precip and winds less than 10 mph. If that holds true,it might not be to bad of a day.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          KELO just ran future scans for tomorrow and it showed little if any precip and winds less than 10 mph. If that holds true,it might not be to bad of a day.
          Wind is the biggest issue for tailgating, IMHO. We have a nice shelter but its near impossible to keep the sides in place when the wind is 20 mph plus. It the latest forecast is accurate the Yankton Jackrabbit Club will be tailgating as planned.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Wind is the biggest issue for tailgating, IMHO. We have a nice shelter but its near impossible to keep the sides in place when the wind is 20 mph plus. It the latest forecast is accurate the Yankton Jackrabbit Club will be tailgating as planned.
            From the scientists at NOAA. Looking rainy but not as windy and not as cold:

Tonight: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 9pm, then showers likely. Low around 42. Breezy, with an east northeast wind 15 to 20 mph becoming southeast 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday: Rain, mainly after 9am. High near 47. South southwest wind 5 to 15 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Me thinks our crowd striping will be going out the window. I'll be wearing a rain coat, and it isn't blue.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Me thinks our crowd striping will be going out the window. I'll be wearing a rain coat, and it isn't blue.
                My best rain gear is red. It was a gift. I won't be wearing it.

Comment

From Brookings--It has not rained today but it has been heavily overcast and not been drying out either. We had some light mist this morning. Had a 10-15 minute hard shower on Wednesday evening and it rained not hard but steady for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon. If we dodge rain from now through the game tomorrow, there should be no problem and the high school game tonight should not be a factor.

Comment

Just drove into Brookings and it's soaked. Should be a fun one.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Just drove into Brookings and it's soaked. Should be a fun one.
                      With Beer? It's Friday night of Hobo week, I'd hope so!

Comment

Was at the Bobcat HS game tonight...delayed at halftime for about an hour while it poured and then they came back out and finished.

Let's just say the field will not be pretty tomorrow.
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Please understand why some of the fans from the Black Hills may be absent today.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...31455918_n.jpg

Sorry about just posting a link. That represented my first attempt to get outside a couple of hours ago. I haven't gotten very far!
                          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                          X