New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Everyone can rest easy goal posts have been removed.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
      Everyone can rest easy goal posts have been removed.
      I saw that too. Hopefully we invest in some taller nets behind the goal posts so no more balls go into the band and on top of the dykhouse center.

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
        I saw that too. Hopefully we invest in some taller nets behind the goal posts so no more balls go into the band and on top of the dykhouse center.
        I'm hoping a ball would land in a tuba at some point

Comment

Looks like they're taking down the concrete sections that made up the bottom of the stands. Would have been so much cooler if we imploded it.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Looks like they're taking down the concrete sections that made up the bottom of the stands. Would have been so much cooler if we imploded it.
            Can anyone provide photo updates without too much hassle. Would be a great service.

Comment

From my friend on the crew.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

From my friend on the crew.

awesome, West Side. Thanks a lot. May your beer be extra cold tonight.

Comment

Thanks! Keep the pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    I believe the reason the turf went out first is because there will be heavy equipment on the field throughout the grandstand construction. So I would guess the new turf will be one of the final pieces to get done.
                    Wouldn't be very good turf with a bunch of deep tire tracks running through it.....

Comment

The top 10 CAS crowds are now locked into their place in history. I don't know if those same 10 games are also the 10 largest crowds to attend a football game at any location in South Dakota but I think that has to be the case. ( The next largest stadium is Howard Wood with a capacity of 10,000.) Therefore, at least one records category -- largest crowds to ever see a football game in South Dakota -- will continue to make references to CAS for a few years.

Here are the top 10 stadium crowds (from the 11/17/15 Illinois State game program, "The Bum"):

17,348 NDSU 10/3/15
                      16,498 NDSU 9/28/13
                      16,345 NDSU 11/17/07
                      16,193 USD 10/19/85
                      16,042 UNI 10/24/15
                      15,248 UC - Davis 10/28/06
                      15,866 USD 10/18/75
                      15,523 UNI 10/24/09
                      15,521 McNeese State 10/4/08
                      15,338 Stephen F. Austin 10/29/07

The Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium will have a capacity approaching 19,500 and we'll start a new list of top crowds to attend a game in the new stadium. I expect the records category "largest crowds to see a football game in South Dakota" will be revised in the upcoming season including the #1 spot on the list. The first game in the Dykhouse Stadium is Drake U from Des Moines, a game that could instantly set the crowd record.

Here are the games scheduled for 2016 (home games in bold):

9/3/16 at TCU
                      9/10/16 DRAKE
                      9/17/16 CAL POLY
                      10/1/16 WIU
                      10/8/16 at SIU
                      10/15/16 at NDSU
                      10/22/16 YSU
                      10/29/16 at Illinois State
                      11/5/16 MSU
                      11/12/16 USD

11/19/16 at UNI

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        The top 10 CAS crowds are now locked into their place in history. I don't know if those same 10 games are also the 10 largest crowds to attend a football game at any location in South Dakota but I think that has to be the case. ( The next largest stadium is Howard Wood with a capacity of 10,000.) Therefore, at least one records category -- largest crowds to ever see a football game in South Dakota -- will continue to make references to CAS for a few years.

Here are the top 10 stadium crowds (from the 11/17/15 Illinois State game program, "The Bum"):

17,348 NDSU 10/3/15
                        16,498 NDSU 9/28/13
                        16,345 NDSU 11/17/07
                        16,193 USD 10/19/85
                        16,042 UNI 10/24/15
                        15,248 UC - Davis 10/28/06
                        15,866 USD 10/18/75
                        15,523 UNI 10/24/09
                        15,521 McNeese State 10/4/08
                        15,338 Stephen F. Austin 10/29/07

The Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium will have a capacity approaching 19,500 and we'll start a new list of top crowds to attend a game in the new stadium. I expect the records category "largest crowds to see a football game in South Dakota" will be revised in the upcoming season including the #1 spot on the list. The first game in the Dykhouse Stadium is Drake U from Des Moines, a game that could instantly set the crowd record.

Here are the games scheduled for 2016 (home games in bold):

9/3/16 at TCU
                        9/10/16 DRAKE
                        9/17/16 CAL POLY
                        10/1/16 WIU
                        10/8/16 at SIU
                        10/15/16 at NDSU
                        10/22/16 YSU
                        10/29/16 at Illinois State
                        11/5/16 MSU
                        11/12/16 USD

11/19/16 at UNI
                        i would think a minimum of 3 of those games will break the old record. I'm guessing Youngstown is Hobo day. Could easily have 5 of those games hit new records. The dawg game will be Misery St. Hope the weather's nice and we get 10k that one.

Comment

Progress as of this morning.

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

If you go to the Jackrabbit Equipment account on Twitter, they have some videos from today of the wrecking ball taking down sections of the stands, plus many still photos.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                                If you to the Jackrabbit Equipment account on Twitter, they have some videos from today of the wrecking ball taking down sections of the stands, plus many still photos.
                                https://twitter.com/Jacks_Equipment/...53830180769793

Comment

Working...
                                X