Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    You mean, like, rewarded with another 2nd round playoff loss to the Bizon in Fargo?

Oh wait, I forgot. After sending 4 national championship trophies in a row to Fargo the tide has turned! Hallelujah!
    Wrong thread?
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Do just the premium seats have chairbacks? Does anyone know the difference in leg room from current stadium to new stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Do just the premium seats have chairbacks? Does anyone know the difference in leg room from current stadium to new stadium?
        My understanding is all will be chairback (except for student and band section). Chairbacks in premium seats will be nicer though and have more leg room. Not sure on the difference in leg room compared to CAS.

Comment

@GoJacksSDSU: Webcam for Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium construction now up and running
          http://t.co/DejfWb4gbb

Comment

I asked somebody at Ticket Dept. (I had other questions for them so I included this question). They stated non-premium seats will be bleacher type seating w/ backs (not chairbacks).

Comment

That's what I thought they would do.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Will the whole stadium be chair back seating or will most of it be bleachers? or was it just going to be bleackers for GA and student section?
                There will not be individual chairs anywhere other than premium seating. I am not aware of any NCAA programs that have individual chairs for each seats, may be some I just don't know of them. I am not sure if they will be standard bleacher seats or bleacher seats with a back resting board. According to some prior posts there will be back rests on at least some of the bleacher seating.

Could you imagine a 20,000 seat FCS level stadium with all individual chairs for seating? That would nice.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just hope significantly more room alocated between seats and legroom.

Comment

Just hope significantly more room alocated between seats and legroom.
                    Amen and hand rails in the upper row isles.

Comment

People have gotten a little larger since CAS was built!

Comment

Some also have gotten older and no longer have that 20 year old bounce and balance.

Comment

That is for sure.

However, when it is cold out, I appreciate that I have two 6'4" 300 pound dudes sitting on each side of me to block the wind. This is, of course, when my wife is not in attendance. Just wanted to clarify.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            I asked somebody at Ticket Dept. (I had other questions for them so I included this question). They stated non-premium seats will be bleacher type seating w/ backs (not chairbacks).
                            So premium gets chairs and a little more room, otherwise its bleachers with backrests. thats better then it was. probably cost to much to put all chair back seating in and usually that cuts down on the number of seats that can be put in. just takes up more space. hopefully they give a little more leg room and seat width room. Many SDSU fans backsides are a skosh wider then then CAS was built.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              So premium gets chairs and a little more room, otherwise its bleachers with backrests. thats better then it was. probably cost to much to put all chair back seating in and usually that cuts down on the number of seats that can be put in. just takes up more space. hopefully they give a little more leg room and seat width room. Many SDSU fans backsides are a skosh wider then then CAS was built.
                              Not sure I would count on it. I've been to every DI FBS game. All bleacher seats, all pretty tight. Heck, at Nebraska I had to sit sideways to fit.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Not sure I would count on it. I've been to every DI FBS game. All bleacher seats, all pretty tight. Heck, at Nebraska I had to sit sideways to fit.
                                Yeah but again those arent newbuilt stadiums. Nebraska really packs them in and thats sort of the benefit of bleachers. I think compared to CAS this should have either more leg room or just a little more seat room. both would be nice but I would have to think the industry standard for bleacher seating has changed slightly over the years with the space required.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X