New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Thanks Prairiehaas and mmiller_34 for the tips to get the cookies cleaned up. I was able to get the post game interviews from the Omaha game on the Argus site.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
      Anyone know what season tickets are in B-Ville?
      Bit of a complicated answer. Many people are grandfathered in from the days of low prices and low attendance. A rough estimate is that we're leaving around $3 million on the table each year. Team Makers says they're raising prices to eventually phase out those grandfathered seats, but it seems to be going incredibly slow and there might be a little "good ol' boys" stuff going on due to the "club" roots of Team Makers. The other problem is that season tickets are completely sold out with a waiting list, so even if you want tickets, you can't get them. Maybe with a $5 million donation or so.

All that being said, here were the prices this last season:

Ticket itself
      $185 Sideline ticket
      $135 End zone ticket

Seat fee
      Outside the 10 and end zone: no seat fee (probably changing next season)
      $100 10-22 upper
      $200 10-22 lower
      $225 22-33 upper
      $350 22-33 mid
      $1250 22-33 lower
      $325 33-44 upper
      $575 33-44 mid
      $2000 33-44 lower
      $425 44-44 upper
      $725 44-44 mid
      $2750 44-44 lower

upper: rows 27-37
      mid: rows 20-26
      lower: rows 1-19 (or 1-26 in the $200 sections)

http://www.gobison.com/documents/201...ootballseating

Comment

Thanks. Looking at this, SDSU future prices are quite a bit less in the middle sections when comparing.

I wouldn't mind seeing the sections near the goal line and endzones in Dana J Dykhouse Stadium have $0 donation requirements (much like Fargodome is). It would help build a season ticket base. Not everone can afford the higher prices. I think fans feel a sense of pride saying they are season ticket holders.

Comment

I should also have mentioned how those $1000+ seats work. Those are the "scholarship" sections. The center section is a full scholarship(donate $11,000 and get 4 tickets). The sections next to it are 3/4 scholarship($8000 for 4), and the next sections are 1/2 scholarship($5000 for 4). The math doesn't quite work out anymore, but that's how the prices were initially set up(I think it started at 5k/7.5k/10k).

Comment

Jackrabbit Athletics ‏@GoJacksSDSU 6m6 minutes ago
            First portion of steel structure on west side of new Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium is up!

https://twitter.com/GoJacksSDSU/stat...508034/photo/1

Comment

They should set-up a webcam.

Comment

Club seats are $750/yr for a 10 year commitment with a one time equivalent seat donation fee. I think that's a relative bargain but certainly MUCH more than what Jackrabbit fans are use to paying. I'm getting 2 club seats and sticking my kids with grandpa and grandma elsewhere, haven't decided where yet.

You can arrange for the seat fee to be taken monthly if you prefer. Its a big commitment but one I think will be worth it.

Excited to see this thing get built!!
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Should at least mention that club seat purchase includes use of the huge Club Room on the west side, both pre and post game and all food and beverages are included with the per-seat fee. That is basically a modified version of the Dykhouse Center availability to major donors. As JackMD points out, that will provide some sticker shock for current season ticket holders, but they have the option to just renew their season tickets in seats outside the club seat area, and without the benefits. The club seat options will make a huge difference in the home game atmosphere for fans, and is, I think a relative bargain as JMD points out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                    Should at least mention that club seat purchase includes use of the huge Club Room on the west side, both pre and post game and all food and beverages are included with the per-seat fee. That is basically a modified version of the Dykhouse Center availability to major donors. As JackMD points out, that will provide some sticker shock for current season ticket holders, but they have the option to just renew their season tickets in seats outside the club seat area, and without the benefits. The club seat options will make a huge difference in the home game atmosphere for fans, and is, I think a relative bargain as JMD points out.
                    Quick question w/ the club seats option you still would have to contribute to the Jackrabbit Club too, right?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Quick question w/ the club seats option you still would have to contribute to the Jackrabbit Club too, right?
                      I think the answer is yes, but maybe Jack no1 can better answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                        Excellent point. There will be plenty of options including cheaper ones to own season tickets and have a great seat. I just want to encourage those that have the ability to support the stadium project to do so. YOU WILL BE REWARDED!! The club room is going to be fantastic with access well before and until well after the game ends for those that want to use it. Seats will be chair back with drink holders and in prime field position. SDSU will work with you on making it happen if you are interested.

As for Jackrabbit Club donations, you cannot lower the amount you are giving now as a consequence of buying club or higher level seats. You don't have to give more you just can't give less. The language used in the LOI is "maintain your current annual Jackrabbit Club donation".
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                          OldHare, delete the cookies and you will have access. Internet Explorer Control+Shift+Delete
                          Is there a shortcut like this for Chrome?
                          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Will the whole stadium be chair back seating or will most of it be bleachers? or was it just going to be bleackers for GA and student section?
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Website has been updated w/ some new info and pictures.
                              http://danajdykhousestadium.com/
                              http://danajdykhousestadium.com/proj...ls/renderings/

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                YOU WILL BE REWARDED!!
                                You mean, like, rewarded with another 2nd round playoff loss to the Bizon in Fargo?

Oh wait, I forgot. After sending 4 national championship trophies in a row to Fargo the tide has turned! Hallelujah!

Comment

Working...
                                X