New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New SDSU Football Stadium Site Plan

The fundraising is totally amazing compared to Staduim For State which occurred years ago.

On page 9 of the proforma report used to gain approval from BOR, it states that $505,000 have be contributed for the suites and a commitement for 10 more years has been signed. Also all of the suites are almost gone. They have commitments for 6 of 18 and the remaining 12 are committed to or soon will be. Lastly under the bullets regarding Fundraising.

The Students Association passed a resolution endorsing the project.

Of course this does not mean an assessment of students for the costs. I believe that would require an election which makes me wonder what kind of turnout would we have, and how would they favor or not favor such an assessment. Looking at the plan and commitments from Alums and friends, I hope this will never come to an assessment for students. No body likes nickel and dime assessments.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      The fundraising is totally amazing compared to Staduim For State which occurred years ago.

On page 9 of the proforma report used to gain approval from BOR, it states that $505,000 have be contributed for the suites and a commitement for 10 more years has been signed. Also all of the suites are almost gone. They have commitments for 6 of 18 and the remaining 12 are committed to or soon will be. Lastly under the bullets regarding Fundraising.

The Students Association passed a resolution endorsing the project.

So if those feel this project is not worthy, I ask this question? Did you vote in the Student Association elections last spring? Probably not as I recall voting only once during my student days.
      Yep, student voter turnout is PATHETIC. Most students on campus don't realize what the Students' Association does or who they are. I think the average voter turnout is 13% or something crazy low considered all of the easy ways to vote now. Most students just don't care.

The vote you are referencing Nidaros was just to support the idea of a new stadium. The resolution had no language about funding or increasing student fees.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Yep, student voter turnout is PATHETIC. Most students on campus don't realize what the Students' Association does or who they are. I think the average voter turnout is 13% or something crazy low considered all of the easy ways to vote now. Most students just don't care.

The vote you are referencing Nidaros was just to support the idea of a new stadium. The resolution had no language about funding or increasing student fees.
        I have this bad habit of going back and editing after I have posted. I should Go Advanced until I get it right, oh well I subsequently deleted the comments about SA voting patterns. I realize that its not an assessment, as probably the SA bylaws have not changed since the 1960's relating to approval. I believe it required 60 per cent approval. Three times they voted on an assessment for Stadium for State and all three failed. Like I said I am amazed for the support this time around. Mr. Dykhouse has really worked his butt off to get this thing going, and we are in a different era. The alums of the 1960's had no concept whatsoever of sky boxes. If they had, we would have a different CAS today.

Comment

Just so everyone can have an idea about what the Students' Association conversation has looked like so far, I invite you to follow this link http://www.sdstatesa.com/#!archives and then click on the "Oct 21" and "Nov 4" meeting minutes to read a transcript of the conversations between President Chicoine, Justin Sell, and the students.

I still haven't made up my mind. When I was SA president a few years ago, I proposed an idea in casual conversation with other senators about raising the GAF in support of a new stadium venture. The response was mixed. I see the benefits of it, but I also see why students are hesitant.

Comment

Just so everyone can have an idea about what the Students' Association conversation has looked like so far, I invite you to follow this link http://www.sdstatesa.com/#!archives and then click on the "Oct 21" and "Nov 4" meeting minutes to read a transcript of the conversations between President Chicoine, Justin Sell, and the students.

I still haven't made up my mind. When I was SA president a few years ago, I proposed an idea in casual conversation with other senators about raising the GAF in support of a new stadium venture. The response was mixed. I see the benefits of it, but I also see why students are hesitant.
            I've made my opinion on this abundantly clear, but since you are undecided, consider this question: Will this project go forward with or without additional student dollars?

I think the answer is a resounding yes it will go forward regardless, and likely other revenue streams will be utilized.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              I've made my opinion on this abundantly clear, but since you are undecided, consider this question: Will this project go forward with or without additional student dollars?

I think the answer is a resounding yes. and likely other revenue streams will be utilized.
              Oh I totally agree that the project will move forward. My concern is that students will lose their prime viewing experience if they do not help in the funding.

Comment

I guess I don't mind the students paying a little more for it(I am not a student). If you look at it they will increase the student seating from 2,725 to 3,500 seats. With more seating should come more money. They are going to raise the prices from $20 to $33 for regular games and from $40 to $59 for special games for the other people so why not have everybody who has seats pay a little more? I know that you will say that some students don't go to games but I don't know how to fix that. Do you just not have any seats for students and if they want to go to a game they have to buy a ticket? I'm sure that's not how it's done anywhere unless I'm wrong.
                I don't know if all of these changes would have been made it we hadn't gone DI but now you have to pay more for stuff. How big would the new stadium be if we were still DII? Would we be paying for parking all over the place? Would ticket prices raise as fast as they have? This is all for another discussion but if the students don't want to pay for the extra seats, I hope they don't complain if they can't get in to a USD or NDSU game.

Comment

Oh I totally agree that the project will move forward. My concern is that students will lose their prime viewing experience if they do not help in the funding.
                  If the students like their prime viewing experience they could always buy season tickets... There should be plenty available, and it would give them a nice head start on accumulating priority points.*

<sf_rabbit_fan hides under desk>

*I am only joking. Although at many DI schools, students regularly enter a lottery for the privilege of attending football/basketball games. And if they are lucky enough to have their number drawn, they have to pay for the tickets on top of their other student fees.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    I guess I don't mind the students paying a little more for it(I am not a student). If you look at it they will increase the student seating from 2,725 to 3,500 seats. With more seating should come more money. They are going to raise the prices from $20 to $33 for regular games and from $40 to $59 for special games
                    humm, a 65% increase in Regular game pricing and a 45% increase in special games. I wonder how that will adversely affect the walk up crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      humm, a 65% increase in Regular game pricing and a 45% increase in special games. I wonder how that will adversely affect the walk up crowd.
                      $33 is a tough pill to swallow. $59 is really wild. Pretty bold, IMO.
                      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        $33 is a tough pill to swallow. $59 is really wild. Pretty bold, IMO.
                        I think it's a gradual increase. They are proposing that those will be the ultimate prices in 2024. Maybe that's not so bad.

They have all these projections in this report, but what happens when those projections fall short? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the new stadium, it just seems the funding sources may not work out how everyone hopes.

Comment

I'm fine with the increases. Can't think it is alright for student fees to potentially increase and then gripe if my tix prices go up. I've said numerous times that prices should have been increased by now. It's all good. $33 by 2024 seems like a pretty realistic deal to me. Hey pay student fees now to subsidize cheaper tickets for yourself in the future!
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

OK. The funding's in place. The legislature gives us the emergency approval we need. We've got a sparkling new stadium to start the 2016 season.

Who do we bring in as the inaugural opponent to properly christen the new place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                              OK. The funding's in place. The legislature gives us the emergency approval we need. We've got a sparkling new stadium to start the 2016 season.

Who do we bring in as the inaugural opponent to properly christen the new place?

Montana, then take their buyout money, then get Montana State, then get their buyout money, and get Butler again. Pocket the cash and use that money instead of raising student fees, repeat this every year......
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

UND. TWo-fer, get to beat up on a former NCC foe and beat up on another Big Sky foe.

Comment

Working...
                                X